Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Tripadvisor$12
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com$12
CheapTickets$12
Orbitz.com$12
Travelocity$12
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

After staying at The Bamboo Nest with Noy and her family I think I have been spoilt to this kind of Tribal stay.

I was drawn to this with the offer of pay 2 nights get the 3rd free, now I know why!!! THERE WAS NO ONE THERE!!!!!!

I arranged the trip with Tao who seemed very nice, but I still didn't get the vibe it would be great. As a lone traveller for 1000 bahts in their" best" bungalow I thought i couldn't go wrong for 3 nights in their top bungalow!

He picked me up at the bus terminal , did not help me with my rucksack and told me he had handed in his notice, was just waiting to leave because the owner wasn't great. Mmmmm impressive start.. NOT!!

We arrived in the mountains, it was dirty, unkempt and rubbish everywhere . I was shown to my VIP bungalow, (again was not offered with my luggage)which I think basic beyond belief for the top of their range. The balcony was FILTHY, the bed uncomfortable with ripped sheets and a blanket that had seen better days. I also asked fir a flashlight- none, asked for some curtains- none!!

The bathroom tap was hanging off and it was like a sauna in there as no window or ventilation. The cable TV had nothing English and the fan left ALOT to be desired

There was no breakfast included. The 1 saving grace was the food cooked by Tao girlfriend. There was ALOT of it and delicious :) although my morning coffee and breakfast are still sat in The dining area and it's 7pm!!!!

NOT FOR ME! take my advice go to THE BAMBOO NEST WITH NOK AND HER FAMILY, same price, soooooo much nicer experience

Date of stay: September 2012
4  Thank JusLindley
Reviewed September 16, 2012

wonderfull place in the mountains, very kind people and excellent guides to make a jungle tour without the visit of a snake, elephant, lion or other farm. Great walks in the nature and a quiet place, really worth a visit!!! better than the trekking from chiang mai or chiang rai

Room tip: there are different types of bungalows, some with 'normal' toilets, others with 'french' toilets. Choose what u want. There is no big luxe over there, but thats the reason why u have to go. Make also a visit to the 'akha museum', an interactive view of their history by mr amae. interesting and fun to do, also with kids
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BramD493
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Visited the hill tribe for a few hours, did not sleep at the lodges. The people were nice, the younger ones performed for us. Very memorable stay. Went with tour company so maybe that's why my review is different from other folks.

Date of stay: September 2011
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ZeeGoes
Reviewed August 2, 2012

A couple of friends stayed here and raved about it. My experience wasn't that great. Although the bungalow was inexpensive, the blanket had holes in it as did the mosquito netting. When i asked for tape to fix the holes, there wasn't any.

The food was very greasy and salty...definitely the worst Pad Thai I've ever had.

The museum was closed, no one provided information about the village and the handicrafts that several women sold were like any you could buy at Wawarot Market in Chiang Mai, definitely not handmade by the villagers.

The photo on Trip Advisor is of the Akha River House, not the Hill House.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank paulacorno
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I think if you want a tranquility, better stay in Akha Hill House Chiangrai. fell the athmosphere of nature : a beautiful scenery, tea plantation and waterfall too. good for adventurer...it is a cheap accomodation suit for backpacker.
you can interact with villager (akha people) so you will close to thai people and give you a new experiences

Date of stay: October 2011