“Impressive”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Sukhothai Province, Thailand
“Impressive”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with family for 2 rooms. Staff were welcoming.

Great location and great view because this hotel is located close to kok river and a bit far from downtown, so it is very quiet place.

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. Rooms is very large and clean. I don't believe that could stay here with this price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Patarapong T

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai. Your review will provide us with valuable information that will assist us in improving our products, service and brand.
Thank you for these wonderful comments. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your room – we do get super comments about the balconies and the views. I’m so glad that you enjoyed the setting and the landscape.
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated.

Kind regards
Stephen Morahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

A large modern, if rather soulless resort. Rooms are large and well appointed and the bars and restaurants are ok.

I stayed here for four days and it was a good base for exploring Chiang Rai and the surrounding area. A short taxi ride out if town it is a very quiet location with a bar and restaurant directly overlooking the river. The grounds are very pleasant and it makes a nice change from the hectic nature of many Thai towns and cities.

Good for a few days, but I would wish to stay much longer.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Mike K

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate it as it assists us with improving the quality of our products and services.
I thank you for your very positive comments about our fantastic property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to welcome you back to Chiang Rai in the future.

Toronto
Reviewed July 10, 2014

A great stay at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai for my friend and I. We booked two rooms and were upgraded to pool/river view rooms on the top floor (4th floor) with huge ceilings and a great view. The property is excellent and they have managed to retain some amazing huge trees by the pool. All the staff were welcoming and accommodating, and special mention goes to the staff in the bar and at the pool bar. The restaurant is very good for Italian food but there are also some good restaurants a short walk down the street from the hotel. They also offer a car service so we were able to visit the White Temple, Black House, and Boon Rawd Farm (Singha Park) for a very cheap rate for half a day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Chiang Rai.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms o the top floor (4th floor) as they have high, high ceilings
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear EW1964

How kind of you to write this detailed review – and thank you for your wonderfully positive comments. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the location and views. There is no doubt that the river views receive the best comments from our guests.
It is kind of you to mention the Italian restaurant "Favola" and the service at pool bar. Both these areas continue to get positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. I do hope that we may welcome you again at Le Meridien Chiang Rai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went here with family and had a wonderful time. The facilities were amazing and staff second to none (professional, friendly and efficient). Highlights include cocktails in one of the most relaxing pools I have ever been in, power shots at breakfast and Tom Yum cocktails in the bar. Only minor grumble was the need to pay 450 THB extra per day for internet in the room (we did get a good room rate though) and I recommend organising your own taxi for airport pick up etc.. as the hotel quoted us a ridiculous price for the distance. Chang Rai area is beautiful and lots of interesting things to do. Would go back to this hotel bad Chang Rai in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We asked for one near pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CLr609
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear CLr609

Thank for your great comments about service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words!
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It is kind of you to mention our Tom Yum Caipirioska- Our Signature Cocktail. We do get great comments about our new cocktail menu– and we have really worked to get the detail right in the Bars in terms of ingredient and quality.
Thank you for your comment regarding internet pricing and Hotel taxi price. I had thought that our prices were competitive with other similar hotels…but I will check again. I do want to ensure that we provide value for money.

I would hope that you would provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in our product and service.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I couldn't believe my luck when my husband and I arrived at this hotel. The open-air floor plan complements the riverside location and landscaped grounds beautifully. The balconies have very comfortable couches. The hotel is located outside of town aways (it isn't walkable), but the hotel does have a shuttle (50 baht per person) into town that leaves once an hour. All tours in the area, however, include transportation to and from the hotel. The location itself is worth the trip! Don't leave without trying the Tom Yum Caiprioska!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alissa D

How kind of you to write this detailed review – and thank you for your wonderfully positive comments. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the location and views. There is no doubt that the river views receive the best comments from our guests – and the balcony is a delightful place to sit especially early morning with a cup of coffee (listening to the monks on the other side) …or with a cold drink in the evening (taking in the sunset).
Thank you also for your encouraging words regarding our drinks – indeed we have just created the new cocktail menu at Latitude19, and I am really pleased with the guest comments received so far.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the “Lanna kingdom again in the future. Thank you again for this review.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Rooms are huge and very clean, staff are all very attentive and speak excellent English and the food is out of this world, especially the lunchtime buffet a bargain at $7.50

Only downside is its a couple of miles outside town, but there is transportation available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaja B

Thank you for these warm and encouraging comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guests, and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always we reviewed your feedback and comments with our hotel operations team, and they grinned when they heard your kind comments.
Thank you for mentioning our lunch – this continues to be something that guests make positive comment on – and I must give kudos to our kitchen team that they continue to try to innovate and find new ways to make it even better.
Thank you again for your comments and candor – and I do hope that we will have the privilege and pleasure of welcoming you again in our resort

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is a very nice. Rooms are spacious and bright. Staff is friendly. The food is also good. I was exhausted when I arrived and had a blissful sleep for about 10 hours straight. The gym is nice, but small. It is open 24 hours with a room key. The only drawback is that this hotel is a little far from the city center. However, they have a shuttle for 50 Bhat each way. I thought this hotel was a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the lobby and breakfast restaurant are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CYLau
Dear CYLau

I thank you for your positive comments about our wonderful property. They pleasing to hear and I will be sure to share them with the team.
Thank you again for this review.