2,471 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantlatest recipethe rivergrand deluxe roomspg platinumold treesinfinity poolbeautiful hotelgolden trianglekids clubbreakfast buffetmain restaurantthe general managerclose to the airportluxury hotelshuttle busbeautiful grounds
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've stayed at Le Meridien Chaing Rai twice and both times my stay was close to perfect. This is truly an excellent hotel. On my most recent trip I had a deluxe room which was large and extremely comfortable. The bed was wonderful, the grounds are beautiful. The staff is warm, very friendly and was a great help in planning day trips. The croissants at breakfast are so good I'll plan another visit just so I can taste them again.

Room Tip: the upgraded rooms with the balconies are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Mark A

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you for recommending Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort as the "excellent hotel". Our associates work tirelessly to ensure we offer a best in town experience for our guests and it's just wonderful you've felt and experienced it. Thank you for making my day, and all of our associate's day for that matter!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the “Lanna kingdom again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here in November for a couple of nights, the hotel grounds are beautiful it is huge and by the river, it really is a beautiful hotel. It is about a 10 minute drive from Chiang Rai centre. The rooms are clean and very nice, the balcony's were great but I recommend you request a room with a view onto the river and pool area.

The restaurant is very nice, we had one meal here for lunch. Breakfast was also very good with a big selection, something for everyone! There are huge tour groups that stay here and I mean huge it can be overwhelming when 60 come in for breakfast all at once.

Staff were all generally lovely however we arranged a tour through the hotel on the day we were due to check out. Through no fault of our own the tour ran over time, we called to inform the hotel when we were on our way back (still 1 hour away) and they basically said it was not good enough and were quite rude. We did have late check out on our room and are members. We felt as this was no fault of our own the hotel should allow some leeway as they arrange these tours.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony facing the River and pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear bta411

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, you made my day when I saw the title of your review. I'm extremely pleased you loved the Latest Recipe lunch and our breakfast selection, we do get regular great comments about them and I'll be thrilled to share your comments with our teams.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best regards

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The resort greets you with a spacious lobby on the 3rd floor with 2 open sides overlooking the lake and grounds. The accommodation area is split into 5 four-storey buildings; our bedroom was very spacious and modern with all possible amenities, excellent lighting and plenty of power outlets. Bedroom and bathroom floors are all attractively tiled; bath has tub and separate shower with only a shower head but no hose extension, and good counter space. One silly drawback: free wifi is only available in the public areas like the lobby, but in rooms only upon payment of a hefty fee – in this day and age an anachronism which is reflected in my 3 rating for services. Good varied breakfast with noodle and egg/omelet station as well as all European and many Asian specialities.
Overall a great stay, great rooms and service (except for the wifi), good breakfast but just ok a la carte dining experience – see separate rating of their Favola Italian restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear weberwest

Thank for your great comments about service and your experience at our resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you at the hotel. I shared your feedback with the team and they positively beamed when they heard your warm words! Thanks for highlighting the need. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed breakfast – we have spent a lot of time making sure our breakfast was really special – we know that at a resort, guests have a little more time to enjoy a full breakfast offering. ..and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

A nice hotel, beautifully located at the river, slightly outside the busy center (which is nothing compared to Chiang Rai). A very friendly staff and within the hotel the best non Thai restaurant we visited in Thailand.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Klaas D

Thanks so much for these very kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort...and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is a little out of town in a stunning setting on the bank of the river. There are several low rise bedroom blocks around an infinity pool. We had a deluxe river view room which lived up to the price tag- huge bathroom, big shady balcony, extremely comfortable bed and everything very well maintained. The receptionist apologised profusely when we checked in as some remedial work was being done just beyond the pool but it didn't really bother us. Service was immaculate. My only criticism was the food. I thought the breakfast selection was poor for this standard of hotel, if you didn't want to go to the Italian restaurant (why go to Thailand for Italian food?) the main restaurant was not up to much and was pricy for what you get. Improve the food offering and it will be 5 stars.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anne B

I was sorry to learn that our breakfast selection had been disappointing. I’m never proud to know when we have disappointed a guest but I am always grateful for the feedback so that we can review, learn and improve.

Thank you again for your feedback and for taking the time to share this review. The candour of your comments is much appreciated.