2,472 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantlatest recipethe rivergrand deluxe roomspg platinumold treesinfinity poolbeautiful hotelgolden trianglekids clubbreakfast buffetmain restaurantthe general managerclose to the airportluxury hotelshuttle busbeautiful grounds
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien for four days and having stayed at several others in the chain we were confident of a very good standard hotel.We had arranged a pick up from our hotel in Chiang Mai and this was carried out efficiently ,we also managed tostop off at the White Temple on our way and The Hot springs. The welcome at the hotel was both efficient and informative. We chose to upgrade to the Grand Deluxe rooms and we were not disappointed. The room was beautifull and had a wonderfull view over the lake and river.The standard of housekeeping was especially good and I must compliment the unsung heroes for their attention to detail.The breakfast was well presented with an excellent choice and the staff were helpful and attentive. The hotel arranged a trip to the Golden Triangle for us including going over theborder to Maymar. and a boat trip along the Mekong visiting a market in Loas .Having visited Thailand on many occasions we had always wanted to do this trip and the driver and our guide were excellent.
Although this hotel is a little way outside Chiang Rai centre taxis and tuk tuks were always available. There are one or two small restaurants outside Le Meridien and most close pretty early.The hotel itself is certainly the best place to stay in Chiang Rai and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maxmum
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear maxmum

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, you made my day when I saw the title of your review.

Your comments regarding service are a joy to read. Whenever we receive a Trip Advisor review, we always share it with our hotel team at the daily morning meeting. The team beamed when they heard your warm words. Thank you for highlighting the service and breakfast. I am delighted that we made your stay special and memorable.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the Lanna kingdom again.
Thank you again for your kind comments.

Sincere regards

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Chiang Rai visiting our daughter who was teaching there at the time. We are from Texas and had never been to Thailand before this trip. The hotel was absolutely beautiful! And the staff was very helpful and accommodating for all our needs. We had our daughter stay with us and our room overlooking the pool was huge...plenty of space for three people. We ate several meals at the hotel restaurants as well as ordering room service.
The Parvati Spa was an excellent place to try Thai massages after a long day of sightseeing!

We also enjoyed poolside drinks and lounging in the afternoon sun. Very relaxing! If we ever make it back to Chiang Rai we would definitely stay at Le Meridien!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor overlooking the pool with a large balcony. It was a perfect place for morning coffee!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear karen t

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort. I'm delighted to read you were extremely comfortable during your visit, and enjoyed the room, spa, pool & meal. I'm even more delighted you agree we deserve our 5 star rating!

I'm glad you'd visit again when back in Chiang Rai, so if you happen to return please ask for me as I'd like to thank you in person for writing about your experience.

Best wishes

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The best things about this hotel are the location by the river and the grounds which are beautifully kept. The rooms are standard Le Meridien and can use more of a Thai touch. They are spread out and may require some walking to get to. Because of the location, it's not easy to get into town but there are several restaurants near by within walking distance. I'd highly recommend Lee Leewadi for dinner. Good inexpensive Thai food with tables by the river and "interesting" interpretations of western music.

Room Tip: Stay away from the group tours! Ask for a quiet room near the river.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AllanChg

Thank you so much for your super comments. You really made my day!
Whenever we received guest comments, we take time to review the feedback as a team. If there is something we need to do better, we make actions plans, raise awareness and monitor improvements. Our team was delighted with your feedback – thank you!
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the “Lanna kingdom again in the future. Thank you again for this review.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Don't expect to treat as an individual as the staff don't know how as used to coach parties. Reception said they could not provide a 4th floor room as requested ( as very allergic to mosquitos) but would spray the room but didn't happen in 4 days. The hotel has water all around and really is full of mosquitos. Rooms are not very clean, and kept asking for tea bags as not replenished. The pool area has no service and was being refurbished by workmen using steel cutters and welding gear and circular saws cutting red wood so dust was dangerous to sit anywhere near.
The hotel is 3km from CR the hotel Bus only ran every 2 hours and regularly full so charge 200 BHT for hailing a taxi for you. Hardly transport for the convenience of the guests.
We had a dinner buffet but food quality was poor and restaurant full of screening kids for a cheap Halloween night. Breakfast wasn't much better with little choice of fruits and staff more interested in clearing tables than ensuring the guests were looked after. Generally felt that we had to fit in with the hotel rather than a 5* service on offer to guests. Local restaurants 200 m round the corner offered excellent tasty local food and Manager cared that we enjoyed it.
Loud music from a Karyoke on the river bank of the hotel over-ran and only stopped on ringing the service desk to complain.
The settling of the bill was complicated and overcharged and staff were curt and unhelpful. Also Internet charged at 800 TBHT in an upgraded room which was ridiculous in this day and age of IT.

Room Tip: high river views are best to avoid mosquitos
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear the Cliffs,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai. Although it is disappointing to read your comments we will certainly take your points on board to assist us in improving our training programs and wonderful products and service.

I sincerely apologise that we have been unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.
Your comments regarding room cleanliness and our food quality I find very surprising as we only normally receive very positive feedback about both aspects of the resort.

The transport issues you raise, or shuttle bus, that is provided is operated by a third party making it difficult to add an additional service during peak times. We have this week been successful, through their cooperation, been able to change the schedule so that we can run the service every hour, rather than every 2 hours which will hopefully assist in providing an improved service to our guests. Equally surprising are your comments about our associates who are always genuine in their attempts to satisfy our loyal guests and rarely receive such negative feedback. I will personally discuss this matter with those department you have mentioned.

I am very sorry about the noisy works by the pool. This work was urgently required as the wooden surface was falling apart and becoming a serious safety concern. We take our guests safety and security very seriously and on this occasion we needed to repair the area so that our guests could utilise our beautiful pool safely and without fear of accident and injury.

While I cannot turn back the hands of time on your disappointing experience I would like to again sincerely apologise that we have fallen well short of providing you with the product and service levels you deserve and would expect from the Le Meridien Chiang Rai. I would hope that you would provide us with another opportunity to restore your faith in our service and property.

Warm regards

Stephen

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A huge hotel that is accustomed (and better situated) for large bus groups coming in and out of the hotel. They cater best to crowds rather than individual's or couples. I found that although very modern some of the rooms seemed pretty beat up and poorly maintained. Our original room smelled of cigarette smoke and mildew, after complaining we were moved to an upgraded suite, which at first they wanted to charge us for, I stated I would be more than happy to take the same size room elsewhere in the hotel and that the upgrade was unnecessary if they were to charge us for it... they didn't have any other basic rooms so they decided to give us the upgrade complimentary. The larger suite isn't much different from the original room... certainly not worth paying for (even though it is only fractionally pricier).

The pools are beautiful but there is no service.... the lounge chair pads are folded up, don't expect the hotel to put them down or place a towel over them for you. Same goes for sun umbrellas if you want one while lounging roll it over yourself.

Breakfast was good. Lots of options, but again little service. More of a massive cafeteria type setting... great for bus tours.

This is really a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear mrjsuss

I'm extremely disappointed reading your review of our resort regarding your recent visit. First of all I'd like to extend my personal apology for not being able to offer the service you chose the resort for, I will be addressing each of your points with our team to make sure all guest experiences are equally pleasing, regardless if you're traveling in a group or not.

Thank you for posting these comments – always reviewed, valued and appreciated. Guest feedback is a wonderful gift – and I thank you again for yours.

Best regards