2,470 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantlatest recipethe rivergrand deluxe roomspg platinumold treesinfinity poolbeautiful hotelgolden trianglekids clubbreakfast buffetmain restaurantthe general managerclose to the airportluxury hotelshuttle busbeautiful grounds
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was on a tour as a single woman and we had stayed in some nice hotels but when we walked into this one, I felt like a princes, the food, service, the luxury of the rooms were outstanding.
So close to the night market, the out door area was so beautiful and again was designed by a world class landscaper. The cherry on the top was the spa, if you do nothing else while you are at this hotel you must got to the spa and get a thi massage.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear windsprite

It is great news that you found your stay with us a pleasant one! This is truly music to our ears. We take great pride in knowing we are doing it right and will continue to provide such uncompromising service to our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit Chiang Rai. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly or the hotel. Once again, I would like to thank you for your time to post this review and I will be sure to pass your positive feedback to my team!

Best regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose to go on a two day tour from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. We chose to go for some luxury, and booked us into Le Meridien. This was a great choice. The most impressive hotel rooms I have ever seen. Very impressive pool area, and great breakfast. Also, their cocktail happy hour was a blast. The only disadvantage is the location, as it is a bit far away from the city. However, the reception will happily assist you in booking a cap that can get you to the city centre for a small cost. Therefore, I will highly recommend Le Meridien if you are going for some luxury.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear StineRonholt

Many thanks for your warm words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort.

I do noted your comment regarding a bit far away from the city. You would be glad to know that we actually provide 4 daily shuttle bus services into and back from downtown Chiang Rai.

And I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai.

With warm regards

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We headed to Le Meridien Chiangrai Resort for our work's annual team retreat. Everything was wonderful - the food, service, location on the river, facilities, atmosphere.

Many of us were sharing rooms and found them very spacious and well appointed with huge bathrooms!

The staff that got to try the spa treatments raved about them.

The hotel itself is a bit out of the main township, and we had coaches driving us around everywhere so I can't comment on what it would be like to be a regular guest but there seemed to be a few drivers around (taxis, vans and motorbikes).

If/when I go back to Chiangrai I will be sure to stay here again. Would make the perfect, quiet romantic retreat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear MissRissMelb

Thank you very much for this positive and encouraging review. Clearly you spend a lot of time travelling and therefore are well-versed in hotel operations. We were delighted to read your comments and to know that we passed your high standards.
Your comments regarding service are a joy to read. Whenever we receive a Trip Advisor review, we always share it with our hotel team at the daily morning meeting. The team beamed when they heard your warm words. Thank you for highlighting the food, service, location on the river, facilities, atmosphere and the spa. I am delighted that we made your stay special and memorable.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the Lanna kingdom again.
Thank you again for your kind comments.
Sincere regards

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Le Meridien Resort is a beautiful hotel, and close to downtown Chiang Rai. The pool area is very nice- with a great view of the river and including a pool bar, and there are a variety of restaurants to choose from if you need a change of pace and do not wish to partake in the local Thai dining.

Overall- nice, clean, beautiful upscale hotel :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear iamaskibunny

Many thanks for your warm words. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your warm words - very much appreciated.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again to Le Meridien Chiang Rai.

With kind regards

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Chiang Rai is such a small place I was surprised to see Le Meriden has a property here. The hotel is spread out over several different wings and avoids any feeling of being cramped. Beautiful infinity pool next to the lake and river. Great service and a free shuttle service into town if you want. Very nice breakfast.

The location is on the edge of the city but there are some good restaurant choices within a five minute walk. Just turn right when you leave the hotel and reach the main road.

Only one drawback if I can call it that is the Starwood upgrade treatment. I was told I was upgraded to a standard suite but it was actually just a large room. It was very comfortable and I was totally satisfied, but I would suggest the check-in staff not call it a suite as it is not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool and river view, you'll appreciate it if they are available
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear rs88

Thank you for taking the time to post this review – and for your kind comments. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us – and I do appreciate the extra time that you took to make some constructive comments – these are always welcome.

I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. We do take great efforts to make sure that we can offer breakfast dishes to suit every palate. We like to complement our buffet with some a la carte options as well as small “pass around” items that our Chefs enjoy bringing round the table for our guests to sample. Fresh juice shots (known as “eye openers”) and croissants fresh from the oven tend to be the most popular.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. I do hope that we may welcome you again at Le Meridien Chiang Rai.

Warm regards