“Nice nice”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Longboat Key, Florida
“Nice nice”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great spot for family with children....the kids room was most welcome and our young traveler made himself right at home with an attentive staff, location near the pool was a big plus. Loved the Italian restaurant. Cocktails by the river, nice. Room very nice, staff could not have been more helpful or courteous. Housekeeping, another dose of nice and room service, nice again...nice all around. Restaurants outside the front gate were a plus, very Thai experience with authentic Thai food.

The pool deck and marble coping need some safety attention. The gift shop was disappointing, check out Tamarind Village in Chiang Mai, the gold standard for hotel gift shops...even with great shopping in Thailand, a nice gift shop is always welcome. Will we come back, a resounding ...yes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear tennisgirl15love

Thank you for taking the time to post this review – and for your kind comments. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us – and I do appreciate the extra time that you took to make some constructive comments – these are always welcome.

Thank you for your comment regarding the pool deck, we are now on process to change all the wooden pieces. Hope this venue will look better and safe for all the quests.

I am very sad to read your comments regarding our Kiosk or Gift Shop. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment. If there are any specifics that you have time to share, I would be very grateful to receive them, stephen.morahan@lemeridien.com

Guest feedback is a wonderful gift – and I thank you again for yours. I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you in Chiang Rai again in the future.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It is a great hotel. The envionment is great. The staffs are very helpful. The rooms are spacious, but the pillows are too soft to me. The hotel could provide two pillows for us to choose, one harder and the other more soft.
The swimming pool is too shallow. The wood besides the swimming pool need to be repaired as one of my friend was hurt.
There is only one shuttle bus to the night bazaar every two hours. It is inconvenient to us and we have to pay another car to the night bazaar.
We will definitely come back to stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Spacious room. Connecting rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear beanbean_13

Thank you for your comment regarding the pillows. I hear you – it’s done! - I am happy to report that a pillow menu already placed in all guest rooms. Guest feedback is a wonderful gift – and I thank you again for yours.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Le Meridien sits proudly in our top 2 of Thai hotels. The moment we crossed the entrance it reminded us directly about Intercontinental on Bali. The check-in was very smooth. It was the first time that we didn't have problems with understanding the receptionist, because they INDEED spoke english. And they were much helpful than the ones in THe Muse in Bangkok!
The room, we booked, was very spacy, with elegant decor. Bathroom, with a big window, was also impressive.
One of the best features in this Le Meridien is the Italian restaurant (it serves also Thai cuisine), next to the pools. It was a pleassure to observe the cooks (young cooks!) working in the kitchen. The relation between price and quality - VERY GOOD. We ate there 3 times and everytime it was delicious.
Another feature of this hotel that makes is somewhat special is...the F&B manager! Whatta nice and friendly bloke he is! Eager to help, smiling, looking after his staff. And he knows his job!!!

Breakfast. Wide choice, the staff efficient (we haven't seen anybody playing with his/her mobile, like it happend in The Muse several times...). But....The coffee :) :) :) Let me put it this way. If you don't like the breakfast coffee, that is served in a can, ask directly for another cup. The waiters will bring it at once, and you won't be disappointed :)

Tours. It was thank to Le Meridien that we experienced the best tour during our trip. We got an amazing person! If you book a tour via the concierge desk, do ask for a woman-guide. I lost her businnes card, so I cannot recollect her name:( We booked the tour to the Golden triangle and a cruise with "high-speed" boat. We don't regret any single cent we have spent!

The last but not least I have to make a remark about the housekeeping...Yet again we were surprised by the amount of scale in our shower. Literally the glass was white up to 20 cm from the floor. But, as I have mentioned before, it's a "sickness" typical for thai hotels.
As far as we are concerned, this is a hotel we would like to stay again.

Room Tip: take a room with river-view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pitbulltje

Thank you very much for this positive and encouraging review. Clearly you spend a lot of time travelling and therefore are well-versed in hotel operations. We were delighted to read your comments and to know that we passed your high standards.

Your comments regarding service are a joy to read. Whenever we receive a Trip Advisor review, we always share it with our hotel team at the daily morning meeting. The team beamed when they heard your warm words especially Renaud, our Director of F&B. Thank you for highlighting the Italian Restaurant as well as the Breakfast. I am delighted that we made your stay special and memorable.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the Lanna kingdom again.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a beautiful, large, peaceful resort/hotel with garden landscape and a huge pool. It looks brand new and it is spotlessly clean and well maintained. The compound includes several building, each four storeys high, gracefully inserted in the landscape and located next to the Mae Kok River, an affluent of the Mekong.

Our room was on the fourth floor with a large terrace and a great view on the river and on the artificial lake. It was a large room, with a tiled, "open" bathroom, with bathtub and walk-in shower. The separate beds were very comfortable. We had dinner in the hotel the first night, it was just after a storm and there were problems with a little flooding in the kitchen. It wasn't anything special and expensive for what it was. Also the air conditioning was turned at maximum level, which was hardly needed (also for breakfast, but we chose to sit outside) This is my only negative remark.

The breakfast selection was good, we enjoyed sitting outside as inside if was almost freezing. The drinks we had at the bar (Latitude 19) were also good.

I had a facial at the spa and the staff was super-friendly and efficient. It was one of the best treatments ever.

Staff was overall friendly and our experience was a very positive one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dierregi
Dear Dierregi

Thank you for this review, your positive comments and kind remarks.

We always share all and any guest feedback with our associates...and I shared your comments with our team, especially our Spa team...and they were particularly pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write down these kind comments.

With kind regards from Northern Thailand

Audenshaw, UK
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a very long flight from the UK via Dubai, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was marvellous and as described on the website, no noise problems from neighbours or squeaky trolleys, only the incessant noise a frog but I got used to that and slept marvellously in the Queen size bed LOL.

The free transportation each day to the town was great however I would recommend that you book a seat as early as you can the day before because we were unable to get the first bus of the day except on one occassion.

Renaud met us on at least 2 occassions and was always smiling and helpful, as for the bar staff at Lattitude they were very attentive (not faults with them at all).

Have to admit that housekeeping were slow in changing the bed linen and it could be quite late in the day before the bedroom was attended to, but we were usually out all day so it didn't effect us much of the time.

Overall I would be more than willing to return to this hotel as the food, staff and rooms were lovely.

Room Tip: Don't use the ground floor, but 1st floor, we had the garden view and it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AthenaAudenshaw_UK

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review – much appreciated. It is kind of you to highlight the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere at our resort.

Thank you for highlighting the service you received during your stay. We always read out and share any guest comments – and Renaud was delighted to receive your positive endorsement of service.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding our housekeeping were slow in changing the bed linen . Please accept my apologies for your disappointment. My Executive Housekeeper got your kindly remark and she will review the room cleaning step again.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this feedback – much valued and appreciated.

bangkok
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had 2 nights with rooms in the Grand Deluxe Wing. The rooms were very nice, spacious, clean and well equipped. We went down for Breakfast about 8.15 to be told "no tables inside " not even an attempt to suggest we might wait for a minute or two, or come up with an alternative. Instead we were directed to a dirty table outside in the steaming heat. The buffet was poor, many of the dishes were cold, no mango, no thai food ; the poor girl at the egg station was struggling to cook all styes of eggs and bacon ( which was fatty and uncooked) against an onslaught of Chinese and Korean tour groups - doesn't sound very Meridien does it...... ?

I did bump into the Director of F+B, who to be fair did apologize and attempted to rectify all of this, and that was good....but a very disappointing breakfast experience. I attempted some soup on room service one evening; total confusion with the staff, no idea what was available and then when the food did come it was cold. More staff training is needed here.

I am a pretty loyal Meridien guest, but next time I go to Chiang Rai I will consider other options. And Chiang Rai is a lovely place. Highly recommended. Lots to see in the surrounding area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank foodie28Bangkok
Dear Foodie28Bangkok,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

It disappoints me to learn that we have not handled your difficult situation in a more personal and professional manner. For that I sincerely apologise.

I do find your comments with regard to our breakfast surprising as we normally only receive very positive feedback about the quality and variety of our breakfast offering. I understand your frustration when requiring your preferred style of eggs as the egg station can become very busy if a number of guests are all wishing to order at the same time. At the egg and omelet station we do have a number of fresh and cooked to order Thai dishes for our guests to choose from, including a good selection of fresh local seasonal fruits. I will certainly investigate further why we did not have mango’s available on that morning.

Your room service meal was an error of miscommunication on our part and for that I also am sorry as it is not acceptable. We will certainly review our training programs in this area and looked to ensure that the concerns you experienced do not reoccur in the future and we improve our communication.

I thank you again for your review and valuable information that we will use to improve our products, services and training methods. I do hope that you will provide us another opportunity to restore your faith in the Le Meridien Chiang Rai when you next visit the beautiful north of Thailand.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Perfect getaway with everything you could imagine in a romantic resort...
Quality dining, pool-side bar, fantastic spa, great staff - all nestled in the most beautiful natural surroundings of Chiang Rai - only a short drive from the Golden Triangle (recommend the Opium Museum to learn more about the history of this area and indeed Thailand).

highly recommend the onsite Italian restaurant - Favola, felt like a quick trip to Tuscany!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brendon C
Dear Brendon C

How kind of you to take the time to write this very positive review. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your warm words - very much appreciated.

Thank you for especially highlighting our Italian restaurants. Certainly, we strive to make each guest's stay personal and special. I am pleased to know that you found time to explore the areas as well as to relax at the spa - richly deserved I would say....!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again to Le Meridien Chiang Rai.