Golden Beach Hotel Cha-am
$132
$106
Sheraton.com
Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort and Spa(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$72
Trip.com
Haven Resort(Cha-am)
$116
$93
Regent Chalet Regent Beach Cha-Am(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$47
$40
Agoda.com
$194
$127
Dusit Thani Hua Hin(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$216
$75
The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$59
$52
$74
$62
$63
$43
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastocean viewquiet locationfamily tripthai foodfloorbalconysea
Reviewed December 16, 2013

stayed at the hotel for two nights in September heard some good reviews about hotel and area admittedly we went on a very quiet time of year so it was dead as far as we were concerned empty bars at the other end of town the road was smelly and plenty of dog muck although the beach looked great didn't fancy it as maybe dog poo around we took a cab to hua hin on the last night which was lively and was easy to find company for the evening
the hotel its self was lovely and the staff was great the pool was good if you want a short stay and just stay in hotel yes this is the place but if you want to look around area not much to see plenty of happy ending massage parlours on the road leading to hotel that's about it I wouldn't stay here again unless was with company but if you looking for a night to remember better off going to hua hin if your in this part of the world

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is almost next to the beach and is about the centre of Cha Am's beach strip. Many restaurants and bars nearby. It has a large lobby and as usual in Thailand the staff are exceptionally smiling and helpful.
We had a large double room with TV and balcony with sea view. Wifi worked well in the room and although paying for wifi is one of my bugbears the small cost was negligible. The bathroom was a bit of a let down and needs updating, doors etc are long past their best. There is just an electric water heater turned on by water pressure. Unfortunately pressure was not always good and we frequently stood in the shower waiting quite a long time for warm water, yes once 5 minutes!
There is a new pool which was excellent, with sunbeds and the ever helpful assistant but cushions on the sunbeds would be a good improvement.
Ten out of ten for the breakfast and the ever attentive staff.
I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. Even with the sub-standard bathroom.

Room Tip: With the style and height of the hotel and the glass lifts, if you suffer from vertigo maybe ask for a lower floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Golden Beach Cha-am was a 'pot luck' Choice at the end of a long day of driving from Surin in the far North East of Thailand.
I was quoted a 1620 thb room-rate for one nights accommodation which I thought was reasonable considering the beach front location.
After a pleasant exchange with reception and confirmation of the 1620 thb room rate I booked and proceeded to my room.
The hotels layout was pleasant with a large dinning room and reception area with a coffee shop.
A glass lift delivered me to my 15th floor room, each floor has a common area with a large window delivering a panoramic view of the beach and ocean.
The room was a good size with a small balcony without a sea view. Furnishing were rather cheap and dated. There were no towels in the bathroom and after a call to reception were delivered later.
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean but quite dated .Bathroom supplies were minimal.
The breakfast buffet was well presented and the food was quite good catering mainly for Thai guests, I enjoyed my breakfast.
The bellboys and parking attendants were very helpful and polite.
However when it came to checking out my pleasant experience turned sour.
I was presented with an account for 1980 thb. I politely reminded the manager I was quoted 1620 thb and requested the account be corrected. The manager politely explained that the hotel was full and I had been given a ';Superior ' room and was expected to pay the account.
I protested I had not been advised of the 'upgrade' after being quoted the lower figure three times!
I asked the managed to discount my account. No matter how much I protested she ( the manager ) would not give any concession.
I could have argued with her, politely of course, all day and she would not concede the Hotel was at fault.
Very poor for the 'hospitality industry'. I expressed my dissatisfaction at being blatantly overcharged, payed the account, as I was anxious the finish the last leg of my trip, and departed. Never to return!

However I did tip the bellboy as my bag was quite heavy.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There are many in the area that are much newer.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Booked it online and received great rates with really nice breakfast included. All the rooms have ocean views and are large and clean. Staff were friendly and helpfull. I will definetly stay there if I visit this part of Thailand again.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MGB101
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This trip happened in April 2009. CHA AM is a quite place.This hotel was too good. Be it staff behaviour, be it breakfast, be it the Room itself. The Room was huge. It had a small yet effective balcony looking straight to the Ocean without any obstruction. One window was facing a small picturesque hillock on the right and Pool below. The facilities were so good that even in such a boring place (far from the party crowd) you will not feel bored. Just outside this hotel, is the Beach Road. Small eateries with delicious food surrounds this entire vicinity.

Room Tip: Either take your Girl Friend along or hire an escort to stay with you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple