“Great place to stay and relax with family or as a couple!”

The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place to stay and relax with family or as a couple

Stayed here from Dec 27 to Dec 30 2012 with my wife and 9 year old daughter in their Kids Suite, which is a 2 bedroom suite (no living room but 2 separate rooms which is great for privacy if u traveling with children) and we had an amazing time.

The resort is huge, relaxing and though a little old still kept well and clean.

The pool is huge and a grt place to relax. They have a nice Italian resturant and a Thai restaurant too + a lobby cafe and a bar.

For kids - the kids suite is just amazing and a grt Kids club where u can leave ure kids to do many art n craft activities which keeps them busy and is enjoyable.

The staff is nice but the service definitely could be better. I'm giving it 4 stars n not 5 since property is little old and service in restaurants is not v good.

They have a convenience / consumer store within hotel premises which is grt for buying your own booze or eats or all your basic needs.

All in all.. I highly recommend the property and its a great place to stay if u visiting cha am weather u are a couple or a family.

The hotel is pretty and makes u feel RELAXED! Go for it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was 10 when mom and dad who is Rose and Boy work at the Fun Pub of the cha-am beach resort, it was amazing to see them working together as great parents using their own talent for work. The food was so amazing! The place, the room, everywhere! It would be much more fun once you bring your pet around, as long as it's not house broken. Whenever there are concerts, I probably perform as well, but I'm dang shy.

Weeks passed by and it was Christmas! I come by to watch my mom and dad performing, and having some desserts of course. OMG, just try the banana split, it's AWESOME! I couldn't resist a peaceful place like this, no harm at all. The fun part is that when I was just watching the waves, a Santa Clause started to appear itself, which is only a man in a costume.

Well then, I accept some gifts from Santa and Mom and Dad's boss. Weeks continue to pass by and I sometimes watch mama and papa practicing, but I sometimes sing a long as well. It was 6 o clock in the afternoon and I'm playing the internet of my papa's computer. I always search for new songs, and look for their instrumental and sing. Reflection by Christina Aguilera is most of my favorite. Once I reach the high part, mama and papa were amazed and I seem to have their talent.

As I was saying, mama and papa planned for me to sing in the concert, but I have nothing to do because I'm so shy. It's up to me, whether to perform my own talent or not. Well I prefer not to because there's so many people and I never seen it like that. So I refuse and kissed them good bye. It reached new year and the fireworks are amazing! There's more when it popped pink and shaped into a heart! That's my favorite firework. Weeks passed by, and when it's summer, I decide to come with mama to go back to the Philippines.

I asked her why, when I just realize how fun Thailand brought me, she told me the reason and I accept it as well. I hug and kiss my father goodbye and as well as my puppy. Once I reach the Philippines, everything change me. I became active in every contests and asked more, but the result lead me to sickness, but I'll never give up. I never took of my mind of my father with the good moments I have with my father and my little pup. I reached 4 years til I never see my father again, but he promised himself to come here in the Philippines in July. Because it's the wedding of my sister, and it doesn't mean he wouldn't come, no father, no wedding, so her should come, not for the wedding only but also for me, pray for my dad that he would get the chance to come here in the Philippines. If he would come here now, he would lose his job, and we would never pay my tuition, bill, shelter and more..... But I'll never forget the moment where the Singers are together, Forever. <3

Room Tip: Everything is perfect! Don't try to worry. Just be careful of the sea, it's... Pretty danger...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ejlauzon99
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel over the Christmas holiday.
We had booked through Agoda and paid approx. 2800 THB per night incl. breakfast.
Arrived with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.
Yes - the room was a bit tired but was compensated by being spacious and with at big balcony - perfect for a family of 4.
Beds were great with options for soft and/or firm pillows.
The hotel is situated in nice quiet and green surroundings next to the sea (no beach).
Though we stayed there in peak season the hotel never felt overcrowded and we never had any problems finding a sunbed by the pool.
The pool is absolutely great. 3 big sections - a normal pool, a kids pool and a deep pool.
Large pool area as well with table tennis, petanque and kids play area.
Breakfast was excellent - actually one of the best we have tried for a long time.
Staff if friendly and helpful (compared to Phuket where we live).
The kids club is big, clean and with at lot of activities for your kid/s.

On the downside...
Forget the mini golf. Even though it looks great it's impossible to play.
If you're planing going to Hua Hin or Cha Am on a regular basis while staying at the hotel you WILL need a car or another kind of transportation. We had so no problems...

All in all a great hotel and we really enjoyed the stay.
We'll be back for sure!

3  Thank SawasdeeIndeed
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My first opinion of the hotel upon arrival was of a hotel which was past its best, but this is probably rather unfair. The hotel is part of a much larger complex and has changed hands a number of times over the years. The reception is open and airey and a cooling breeze makes it very pleasant, We were greeted upon arrival with a friendly smile and a cool drink, registration was very friendly and we were shown to our room, 2438, on the fourth floor overlooking the huge swimming pool. The room was large, clean and had a very large comfortable bed. The dark wooden floors and furniture gave it a dated look and the bathroom could do with modernising, but they were fine and also featured a fridge, flat screen tv and large balcony.
A main feature of the hotel is the vast swimming pool, which has plenty of sunbeds and room to spread out, free towels are provided. We pre booked breakfast was was a very extensive buffet featuring everything you could possibly want, you could eat either inside or outside. The restaurant was rather small though for the size of hotel and around 9am there was usually a queue for tables, which was a little worrying as the hotel did not appear very full. Unfortunately hotel drink & food prices are pretty high so most people appear to eat lunch and dinner away from the hotel. We did have lunch one day on theTerrazzo restaurant right by the beach which was excellent, but it was little used, particularly in the evening which was a shame. On two evening we went for a drink in their sports pub and were also the only ones in apart from about 6 staff. Every evening we either went into Hua Hin, to enjoy the night street market or into the nearby little village, just 5 minutes walk from the hotel, which offered an excellent selection of very friendly bars and restaurants plus free wi-fi ( they charge in the hotel), so most people wander down here on a night. Across from reception are around a dozen shops but all are empty except one, a small general store, where you can buy cheap drinks to stock the fridge in your room and drink by the pool. Unfortuntely due to unseasonal weather the beach had disappeared in front of the hotel, but it will be back soon. Also next to the hotel (to the left looking towards the sea) is a very little restaurant/bar which did very good & cheap drinks and lunchtime snacks, you could also access the beach here and walk along it towards Cha 'am.
We enjoyed a very relaxing 6 days here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, but I do feel the hotel could do with a bit spending on it and a good marketing manager to promote the hotel bars and restaurants at more competative prices, such a shame that they were so under used.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room, and wander down to the local village on an evening
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian G
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel, the 1st 2 or 3 years ago which was spoilt with security guards all over as primeminister of burma was staying there!! so thought we would give it another try, rooms, spacious but bathroom very much in need of refurb,very tatty,the rest of the room was tired looking .the pool and grounds very nice also a good choice of food for breakfast. This time the beach in front of the hotel had gone but a short walk to a nice sandy beach.. beware of the jellyfish tho!! not a great deal going on near the hotel, a few bars and restaurants all very quiet. mini bus as there was 7 of us into hua hin 1,000 tbt return.staff to me were good but my thai wife was very unhappy at the way they treat her family, carried my case but made them carry there own, not acceptable and made them feel 2nd class. i will not be rushing back!!

1  Thank davekaew
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Based on the reviews, I decided to save a little and stay here for 5 nights. While the staff is friendly, most don't speak English very well in the event you have a room or service issue to discuss. The lack of consistency in what was told to me about varous items ( laundry charges, Internet) , was beyond frustrating. More staff training is key here. Everyday during my stay it was something: buying an Internet card and having to wait 10 mins for staff to come over and input a password; tiny ants all over the room at night; ordered pizza from room service and was brought no plates, booked with a 25% discount on food yet I had to be the one to bring this to the manager's attention; bringing out food before drinks in the restaurant. On my 4th night, I went to see the manager, who was busy and so would call me to my room. Never happened. Went down again and politely insisted. I told her that I was not at all looking to get free nights or anything of the sort, I was simply wanting to enjoy my vacation, yet something was always happening and thus putting a huge damper on my vacation. I told her that I was most likely going to check out a day early. To that, she said she was very sorry and she allowed me to use the house computer to book at another hotel. The spa (excellent thai massage) and pool were nice as was the breakfast buffet, but too many negatives to warrant staying here.

Room Tip: The property is huge, so book a room close to an elevator; otherwise running back up to your room ca...
2  Thank Meanbeans
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Meanbeans,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased you liked the hotel spa services as well as the breakfast. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have experienced due to the hotel staff service during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our quality and services are superior. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Old creepy building but nice room. Breakfast was nice. Few steps to the beach.
Big balcony, nice bed. The hotel area is very big, you need local transportation or rent a car to get around the place near by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business