Everyone raves about the pool and I suppose we went with great expectations, but were a bit disappointed. Maybe it was because we didn't have a pool access room, but maybe not. Apart from going round the lagoon and peering into everyone else's rooms, it didn't feel like there was any other point of interest.
Service was variable. After check in (it was a group check in for a weekend conference), the person at the counter just pointed in the direction of the room and said 'your room is that way'. No instructions and no one to show us to the room! We'd always had someone show us to the room before! Was it because we were part of a group? We had to ask another few people along the way before we got there, and still none of these other people offered to take us there. Small point I guess, but not good for first impressions.
Big bath in room was enjoyed by the kids, as well as a good kid's channel on TV. But the room service didn't offer the kids menu, which was disappointing, and different to the Sheraton Krabi which we had stayed in before. The overall choice for room service food was also pretty limited and uninteresting. There's essentially only one restaurant in the hotel, which is also a bit limited.
Kid's club was nice though, and the persons there were attentive and helpful, and the kids enjoyed it (much more than the pool)
Breakfast was standard, but definitely not outstanding. When every hotel has to offer the same things, you have to make the difference in terms of quality of the food, which is definitely not the case. We also found this with the Sheraton Krabi. Maybe it's a Sheraton thing. Because I understand that to make the quality you have to spend more money, such as keep the croissants warm, use good quality jams and marmalades etc. Maybe it's not worth it for you.
To summarise, when asked the kids whether they want to come back, they said yes (for the kid's club). But the parents are very ambivalent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am