“Excellent Resort with all those added extras to make your holiday special”

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
melbourne
“Excellent Resort with all those added extras to make your holiday special”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We booked a Pool Access room for 10 nights and on arrival to the Sheraton where surprised with the whole Resort as the photo's do not do the Resort justice. Magnificent gardens, pools, staff services and the room facilities where great. Our last trip to Thailand earlier this year, we experienced language problems with staff at another Resort, but not so at the Sheraton.
We enjoyed eating alternative nights at the Sheraton and on the others went into town to experience the Thai culture and dining. We used the Resort shuttle service and limo and this gave us a chance to meet other guests and find out about places to visit. I had a couple of beauty services and found them more expensive than in town but believe you pay for what you get. They used the best products and the services was excellent. Management was faultless with any request we had even to the extent of helping my Husband arrange dinners for our 28th Wedding Anniversary and for my 50th Birthday, which he really appreciated.They even upgraded us to a Suite for our stay.The housekeeping was spotless and compliementary water and toiletries was plentiful. We never swam in the ocean as there where alot of jellyfish but the pool was inviting anyway. Husband enjoyed playing golf at the many golf course around. We did check out the Tour Desk but found most tours are better booked online for costs.The only complaint we had was there is little communication regarding what is happening within the Resort. Management has advised us they are working hard to arrange details through there TV site for the future. Overall we had a great time and were very happy staying at the Sheraton Hua Hin and would return again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
SheratonHuaHin, Management at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Thank you so much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This trip was a last minute unplanned break and it turned out to be simply fantastic. I had stayed several times previously at Hua Hin, but this stay at the Sheraton was fabulous. The property was excellent with probably the best hotel pool I have experienced. Room was great as were all of the resort facilities. We mixed eating at the resort with trips into town and the shuttle bus service was very efficient. Breakfast catered for any culinary requirement and was a highlight. The Sheraton staff were terrific across the board - efficient, courteous and helpful with everything. This is one terrific holiday destination!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian060
Thank you so much for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again :-)
Birmingham
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I booked the Sheraton hotel for 4 nights in October.
I got a good deal via an online agent for a garden view room on a room only basis.

On arrival at the hotel, you see how grand the place really is. As it is Sheraton, my expectations were high anyway, this was also due to good reviews which I had read. Check in was smooth and efficient with welcome drinks and a warm towel. We were shown to our room and the lady talked us through the facilities avaiable to us. This included free interenet and Wifi service which is only available in the business centre located oppssite the lobby, however if you wanted Wifi access from your room, there was a charge for it - I thought this was odd as it meant people taking their laptops to the business centre.

The hotels has an amazing laggon swimming pool which winds its way around the hotel and easily accessed by those who have booked a logoon view room. The infinity pool facing the beach is massive and cool, very nice to cool off after sometime bathing in the sun. there isn't much of a beach there so we spent time on the sun loungers whic are dotted around the lagoon and in the pool.

There are lots of restaurants to choose from but I found them to be very expensive and I went out to Hua Hin town every night to eat. This was I had more choice and felt more comfortable eating in a lively atmosphere. Breakfast cost 650THB per person which is expensive for what it is. There was a huge buffet selection but this does not mean it tastes good. There is a selection of American style breakfats (egg station, beans, meats, toast etc) Continenetal selection (pastries), Oriental style (noodles, rice, vegetables) Cereal and mixed fruits to choose from. I'm not a picky eater but the breakfast did not go down well.

The room was really nice and luxurious. Ok, there was some building works going on which meant I faced a green mesh sheet more than a garden but that didnt bother me. The room itself was very clean, spacious with a king size bed, plenty of wardrobe space, rom safe, iron, haridryer, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, 4 complimentary bottles of water each day and flat screen TV. The bathroom was excellent with a large double size bathtub, large walk in shower and toilertries. The bed was very comfortbale with lots of differnet pillows to suit different needs.

The service recived was a mixed one. It started off well at check in but then I felt that most of the time the hotel staff were focused on various VIP guests and /or delegates for the Asean summit which is due to occue in a weeks time. The most helpful person was the guy who booked the shuttle van for us and the driver. I have been to other resorts in Thailand in the past and I have found them to be extremely welcoming which sadly the Sheraton lacked.

There was lots of information about the hotels facilities but nothing on what goes on in and around Hua Hin. Considering this is my first time in Hua Hin, I struggled and had to find out myself online what there was to do. I later on realised there was an excursion desk in the corner which is not advertised anywhere nor obvious in anyway; by then it was too late. The hotel offers a shuttle van taking guests into Hua Hin centre (about 10 minutes) for 100THB per person each way. We figured out it was cheaper to catch a taxi back in the evenings, this was we were not restricted to times and could head back whenever we were ready to.

I loved the room and its facilities and I'm still in awe with the infinity pool. However the cost of the extras, the service and the location may put me off from returning again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 17, 2009

My memories of holidays as a child is that the best times are those spent in the pool: with two children- 10 and 7 - we chose the Sheraton on the basis of the photos and Google map pictures we'd seen of the pool: and we were not disappointed. The focal point of this hotel - the term lagoon does not do it justice, it is more like a moat, with some of the hotel facilities in the middle, and then the accommodation around the outside - the pool was magnificent and massive and very well maintained. Swimming around the perimeter, taking in every nook and cranny took me more than 15 minutes, and I'm not a particularly slow swimmer. It has sections with sprays, fountains, channels. You could play hide and seek here and never find the other players.

We barely even bothered with the beach: it's not particularly attractive and the ocean was unappealing: warm, murky... but really didn't feel that we needed to be in the sea when we had such a big alternative body of water to keep us occupied.

The Hubby's Starwood status had us upgraded to a pool view room (on the second floor, not the ground floor which has direct access to pool: if you have very young children, there are some with a glass screen for safety). I'd recommend doing what you can to get one of the pool side rooms, though the downstairs garden view rooms do also have their own little garden. Otherwise, the rooms are mostly the same: very spacious, well equipped, wonderful big bathroom.

As well as the pool, there's a very well equipped fitness centre (you might not find it for the first day or two as it's set away from the rest of the hotel), where there are various classes offered. We also booked tennis coaching for the kids: very good teacher and very good price.

The Kid's Club was fine: probably a bit young for my two, but they enjoyed lounging on bean bags and watching a movie or two there, and there are various free sessions (bubble blowing, water shooting) as well as paying activities.

We had a no-computers agreement, but in case you can't help yourself, there are computers with free internet access in the massive lobby area.

Breakfast is excellent: pretty well anything you want. Children gorged themselves on bacon, pancakes (alright, so did we...). We ate a couple of times in the hotel: it was pretty good, but expensive compared to what you'd pay in a non-hotel restaurant.

Thai service is impeccable: the Thai people really are among the most lovely, helpful, gracious. While other reports have indicated that the hotel staff have provided misleading (expensive) information, we found the opposite: they actually recommended that we take the cheaper option - getting a cab into town rather than the hotel shuttle service.

This, then, is the main drawback of the hotel: while it calls itself the Sheraton Hua Hin, it's actually located 10 minutes drive from the centre of the action. The upside is that you make the most of what the hotel has to offer and probably end up spending more time lounging and relaxing. The downside is that you don't have the freedom to roam into town whenever you feel like it.

It's fairly easy to negotiate a fare of 200 Baht to and from the hotel: you'll need to get into Hua Hin and then the trick is to get the phone number of the driver who brings you back to the hotel (there are literally hundreds of cabs in Hua Hin .. make sure you get a car that doesn't look like a rust bucket and which has safety belts etc) and then use them for future journeys: otherwise, you'll end up paying 250 for a driver booked by the hotel.

All in all, a great hotel and a wonderful, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JulietBeijing
Norfolk
Reviewed September 16, 2009

My new wife and I have just spent the past two weeks at The Sheraton, Hua Hin. This place is outstanding. It was a 3 hour transfer to the hotel from Bangkok so as you can imagine after a 10.5 hour flight from England you are very tired, as we arrived we was instantly welcomed in and was seated with fresh juice while they checked us in which only took 5 minutes. As we was on our Honeymoon we received in our room a bottle of Champagne on ice, we also received a 20% discount on all food and beverages and got the usual room upgrade. The grounds in the hotel are one of the best I have seen. The staff worked 24/7 to make sure that every leaf is swept from the path, everything is kept clean and tidy, attention to detail is what this place is all about. You also get the kindest of welcomes everytime you pass a member of staff.

Although this place had top notch service, unfortunatly the prices where extortionate. While we was there we met 4 other couples, one of which mentioned that she traveled with work and had stayed at 5* hotels in London and Paris and was paying less there than at this Sheraton. This definatly did not ruin the experience for me, after 6 days at the Sheraton I spent around the region of 23'000 baht just on food and drink and a couple of massages, which is a little over 400 GBP.

After that we mostly traveled into Hua Hin to eat and drink. You got double the portions but more than half the price. If you hunt carefully you will find some superb places to eat. A Merc or a BMW from the hotel only costs 300 baht 1 way, once you arrive in Hua Hin town 10 - 15 minuits later, everything you need is within a 5 minute walk. The Night Market, which is on every evening from 5pm to 12am, has every kind of souvanier you could want. Also in the area are alot of Suit shops, I found that these places where the only places that hastled you. As you walk past they will make you feel intimidated into going into their shop. If you are interested in Thai Silk Suits then make sure you stick to the quality shops such as Mike and Co, or Picasso's. Walking through the night market and the fresh food markets couldnt be more stress free, people just leave you alone to decide for yourself, but be sure to barter as you can get some brilliant deals.

Plenty to see, there are somethings in Thailand you just have to witness, such as the lady-boy shows and the Pool Bars where the prostitutes work. It isnt as bad as it sounds.

Took tooks are everywhere in the town and if you barter with them you can get a lift back to the Sheraton for 250 baht.

The Sheraton Resort & Spa is highly recomended by my wife and I, and I can possitivly say that we will be returning in the near future. Thankyou too all the staff for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
bangkok
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Great hotel with nice long swimming pool. The room is quite new and spacious with modern equipment. The rest room is a beauty. We stayed in a romm with a balcony on the poolside. It has a long nice sand beach that you can jog along. The breakfast is great and staff are nice. It is probably one of the best resort in Cha Am. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Bangkok
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We live in Thailand and tried many hotels/resorts before. The Sheraton Hua Hin comes first for service excellence, great location, and fantastic pool. Probably the nicest pool in Thailand...
Our kids loved the Kids club too - a great place for a long week end away from Bagkok.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cha-am
Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort and Spa
Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am - MGallery Collection
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
#2 of 63 in Cha-am

Been to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!