The rooms, staff and pool are truely outstanding. The restaurant and bar staff are a part of the "caring" department and they do try to show this. A favourite of ours was the beach bar, and my partner ended up behind the italian pizza oven showing the head chef how to make dough balls - an evenings entertinment for all and much appreciated by the staff.
The pool is just brilliant, as it travles around the whole complex so you can choose to do long laps if you wish. Free wi-fi and its good to join the SPG program to get a complimentary paper and fruit each day. After the ambivalence of bankok hotel staff even at 4 & 5 star hotels, it was a true delight. The only thing, and I did talk to them beforehand after a trip advisor review had shown it up, is that its not a beah holiday.
There IS a beach, and we enjoyed watching the fishing boats out each night, but the sea comes right up to the boundary wall about 4pm in August, and its very shallow, rocky and a bit industrial. So you can swim and be on the beach but you wont be walking hand in hand for miles. There's no watersports due to the rocks or other activity on the water, except some hopeful local junks and jet skis to take you along the water.
The hotel is not in Hua Hin, even though ts named that way, it's actually in Cha Am, so you have to get the shuttle bus in, for which they charge. Something that should be free really considering that Sheraton try to make it seem they are in Hua Hin. There is a Tesco Lotus in town to get staples and alcohol at reasonable prices.
We stayed in a garden room and that's all you need unless you really want a pool room, which is what we'd go for otherwise. But the first floor rooms are more private as people can't see in.
We had some suits, shirts and a dress made at the tailor there. A bit hit and miss. The shirts were great and they will negotiate a long way on price. The dress was good too. But with the suits, you are trying to be forced into a stock, asiatic shape, even though it says a Hugo Boss etc template. So be cautious. The ladies suits still didn't fit after 5 fittings, as they made it too tight but they did acknowledge it and offer not to have it or give us extra fabric, so with gentle confidence about not being as it should, you should get a satisfactory compromise. the red fabrics all ran though, so be warned and don't get talked into white cuffs on reds.
The spa is ok. If you want sports massage or have an injury, they just don't have enough knowledge nor skill, even though they say they do understand. As a beauty treatment place, its just like any other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Cha-Am