I travelled here with a friend but found that it is an excellent location for family with kids to spend a few days to a week in Hua Hin. They provide baby sitting services with a kids playground area as well.
Hua Hin itself is a tranquil city in Thailand, compared to Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya. Expenses in Hua Hin is relatively at low price but at the same time, there aren't many happenings in this place. If you are looking for nice beaches with clear water to swim, or a site for snorkelling or scuba diving, or adventures like jungle, or colourful night life or red light district, I don't think you will find Hua Hin an interesting destination!
We came here for relaxation and refreshment and it is the right place to go. Sheraton, with Shine Spa, 4 restaurants and a swimming pool running round the property is very self-sustainable. One can definitely be spending whole day or days within the property just to enjoy the sunshinhe and pool, spa and the variety of food.
The only 2 things I could critize about Sheraton is the beach and the drinks. The property is established by the beach, but I don't think it is fit for swimming. The water level is so low that it reaches only your waist even after 50 meters (I am not good at distance but it is definitely far away). Besides, the sand is not fine, there are rocks! It could also be dangerous to swim in the beach as we saw that the water, though during day time very shallow, could go very deep with vigorous waves at night time, that the water covers all the sand area and reaches the edge of the property. There seems to be some activities available on the beach as we saw. One is horse riding and the other is water motorbike. A note for those bringing kids is that, there is no lifeguard in the whole property, not for both swimming in the beach and the pool! So parents/ adults are definitely needed to look after their kids when they are swimming.
I ordered cocktails from both the beach bar and the pool bar, but they are both not in good quality. Probably they don't have a qualified bar tender! And the most disappointing part is that the cocktail is contained in plastic "glass"!
Other than the 2 complaints, all the others are at excellent level. The pool is very well designed. We love the idea that we could keep swimming instead of turning like most of the other pools. There are also jacuzzi at intervals. The pool access rooms are like having their private pool! The 4 restaurants are all providing excellent level of food. We love especially the italian Salas restaurant. Give it a try if you want to stay at the hotel for dinner. The staff are also very nice. Their servvices are very good, considerate and detailed minded. We once forgotten our purse in our room without locking in the save. However, we didn't lost a coin when we are back, during which, the housekeeper has come to do the clean up.
Regarding location, it is not close to the town and takes around 15 mins by shuttle. It is convenient if you book the shuttle in advance (do book both ways if you plan to take the shuttle back). The shuttle costs only THB50 which I think is subsidized by the hotel already. Taking tuktuk cost you roughly 200-300THB. Driving is very welcome as I can see. There are a lot of parking spaces available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am