“Just when you think it can't get better”

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Kuala Lumpur
“Just when you think it can't get better”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

this is 1 of my favorite hotels. Every time I come they have done something new. This time I noticed they have put a wonderful new roof which looks like a piece of cloud over Luna Lani restaurant

In addition the breakfast is improved with the addition of ice cream! For Platinum members a wonderful addition is the ability to have the complimentary breakfast at Luna Lani overlooking the ocean.
Another Improvement was the really great wifi connection now in the waterfront rooms. Both speed and reliability are now wonderful.
The staff remain 1 of the most outstanding of any hotel I have stayed in throughout the world.
I cannot believe how friendly and accommodating the entire staff is no matter how busy they are. Their memory of individual needs and preferences is beyond my comprehension!

Just go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank EstnetKualaLumpur
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear wimpdiver,

We are grateful for your wonderful support extended to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa and it is certainly encouraging to note of your loyal patronage to the resort. It is greatly appreciated.

Your kind comments about the service from our associates has brought us with great inspiration and will surely motivate all of us here to enhance our product and service quality to you and our discerning guests.

Thank you for highlighting about the breakfast, the effective usage of Wi-Fi connection and we love that you loved our "Luna Lanai" with the new look of its roof that provides more boundless panoramic view towards the ocean.

We are grateful for your comments and we look forward to your return visit to the resort again soon.

Sincerely Yours,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This property seems to be one of the favourites for Indian wedding/party celebrations in Thailand. Having just attended one, I would rate my experience at the resort 4 out of 5.

The drive to the resort is roughly 3 hrs.

The actual check-in time at this resort is at 3 pm, contrary to other resorts and hotels that I have stayed at which usually is 2 pm. This proved to be slightly cumbersome as a few rooms did take some time to check into. ( we were approximately 120 people and a majority did get their rooms at the time of arrival ).

The rooms by the lagoon are definitely recommended as you can get out of your room dierctly into the lagoon which is connected to the main pool.

Hotel staff were extremely helpful and efficient.

Do go to the Spa. It was relaxing considering the travel time one takes to get to the resort.

The only disappointment here was the beach.

Room Tip: Lagoon room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Gaurav K,

It is certainly a great pleasure to know that you had a good time at the Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. Thank you for your kind testimony about the hotel's facilities, Aspadeva Spa, the Lagoon access room as well as the service from our team members. We will surely do our very best to continually extend our best care and attention to our discerning guests.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and back again to the resort in the very near future for a truly relaxing vacation.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

On the most special day on my life, the Sheraton completely screwed up my thank you lunch with my groomsmen! While we were not staying at the hotel, the service we received during lunch and the quality of the food was so bad that we touched nothing and complained vocally. The staff were less than helpful, and it was only once we demanded to see the management that it seemed to sink in that they had messed up. We refused to pay the bill and the hotel lost a table generating more than THB25,000! Even at this point there was no input from senior hotel management and we left feeling that customer feedback meant nothing to them. Never again

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank BeastyMcN
Dear BeastyMcN,

We are sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations on the most special day of your life and did not make it in time to rectify this matter while you were at the resort. Rest assured that it has been addressed for immediate discussion with our Management Team already.

Please allow us to contact you separately to assess the situation that you described and how we can further assist.

We hope to have the opportunity to make amends of this unfortunate situation and to be able to welcome you back to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa in the near future.

Bangkok
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The most often hotel for my family to have a vacation. This time I stay during long weekend. Surprisingly, check in is quite fast even all rooms are fully booked. When I arrived, room was not ready so I left my stuffs at hotel and went out for lunch. When I am back, all luggages were in our rooms already. This is first time that I bring my mom to go with my sons and wife. As lobby is on 2 nd floor and resort needs to Walk downstairs, my mom is difficult to walk much. Hotel serves us with shuttle car to room directly. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. A lot of senior and children stay during weekend but it can blend without disturbing each other. Breakfast is a surprise for me this time as there is a live music playing songs for you. It looks like Jazz brunch. It increases good feeling in the morning. Swimming pools are connected around hotel so it is not crowded. Dining at hotel is reasonable price comparing to other 5 star hotel. Only 1 minor thing is that each restaurant should be able to order cross restaurant. My family would like to have Italian at Sala restaurant while I was sick since 1st night from poisoned food after having seafood from local restaurant. I need to have mild food. I need to order room service to send at Sala while my family enjoys Italian. I think it should be flexible a bit. Kid club also has new things to serve elder children ie climbing. Overall is still excellent to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Pord,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa once again. It is a great pleasure to know that you and your family had a good time at the resort. And we are sorry to hear that you were not feeling good on the first night of your vacation.

We appreciate for your kind testimony about the resort's facilities, the service from our associates and most of all we are delighted that you loved the live music at the breakfast. It definitely enhances the starting of the day for our guests.

Your comment of the cross service of restaurants has brought us the attention and it will be discussed on board for the alternative options to lift up guest's experiences.

Once again, thank you very much for your support and patronage to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nice resort with stunning pool facilities and really nice rooms with all comfort. Small hiccup during check-in but nothing serious. It was very busy during my stay and staff were stressed to the limit - still everything went smoothly and everyone tried their best.
Very good choice for breakfast (pleasant surprise!) - much improved from my previous visits a few years back.
Free Wifi in rooms was offered but Internet was very slow (and nearly unusable) at times.
The resort is directly at the beach but away from Hua Hin centre (but they do provide regular shuttle service).
Recommended.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same (except suites) and difference is only view or pool access. Choose pool acce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear BangkokGeorge,

Thank you very much for your kind note and it was good to learn that you had a relaxing stay at the resort recently. Appreciate your feedback on the improvement of our breakfast. And your comment on the speed of in-room WiFi has been noted to share with our concerning team to look after and develop for the better guest's experience.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Sincerely Yours,
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The resort is set on sprawling grounds that also include Sheraton vacation villas and it is located beach-side about mid-way along the highway from Cha-am to Hua Hin town. We have been here several times for a short break from the city as we'd found this resort to be a reliable refuge for rest and relaxation each time we visited - this visit was no different. Starting from the welcoming reception - complimentary cool towel and cocktails always appreciated after the 2.5 hours' drive from Bangkok - to the immaculately-kept gardens and grounds, and the large guest rooms that are comfortable and well equipped, we lack for nothing here. Breakfast is always a pleasure at The Deck, with gracious and usually efficient staff, and comfortable seating both outdoors and indoors. The spread is comprehensive and seems to have changes each day although we have never stayed for more than 2 nights per visit to really experience the changes. It is a resort that we will continue to return to when we think of another break in Hua Hin.

Room Tip: If you bring kids, they will love the direct pool access "lagoon access" rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChuJoe
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear ChuJoe,

Our sincere gratitude for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resor & Spa once again. We appreciate your recommendation of the resort as your favorite holiday destination.

We are grateful for your continously support and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another relaxing holiday.

UK
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have decided to write this review while I have a few more days to stay. I will be sorry to leave!
The hotel is everything I expected of it, both from reviews on tripadvisor and other research I undertook.
Its a full three hour drive from the airport. Reception is very open plan as indeed is the rest of the resort. The hotel describes the accommodation units as being on first and second floors, for UK readers this is ground and first floor.
The hotel is a fifteen minute drive from the centre of town. The hotel does supply a shuttle bus for a minimal fee.
We found nothing wrong at all with the beach in front of the hotel it is perfectly adequate.
The grounds and the lagoon pool are beautiful. A large team of staff attend the tropical gardens and maintain the pool in first class condition.
We stayed for a full two weeks which meant that we were in the minority. It appears that a lot of guests stay for only a few days or weekends. For the first time ever we hardly encountered any other UK visitors.
The bedrooms are lovely, bright and cool. Housekeeping perform a first class job. The Egyptian cotton sheets are fantastic and similar ones will be on our shopping list when we get home.

The Breakfast has to be seen to be believed, every type of food any nationality could want to start their day is provided although I am not sure who eats ice-cream for breakfast!

We had intended to eat in town as much possible however we found the food in the hotel to be of the highest quality and reasonable price so we spoiled ourselves a lot.

We met Jeff the general manager and had a great chat with him. My wife and I explained that we had read about the Indian weddings held in the hotel and had been hoping one was taking place as I know these can become events that welcome strangers to participate.
It is obvious from the way the staff do their job, no matter what area they work in, that they are being led by a first class management team.

Our first impression was that this hotel was a bit on the remote side for us, as we do enjoy walking into town etc. However in the second week we realised that we would return again in the future because it was such a friendly place.

Room Tip: We did not upgrade and had garden view room. The pool access rooms look great and will get better wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank travelleringscot
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear travelleringscot,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. It is our great pleasure to know that you and your wife had a good time at the resort. Thank you for your kind testimony about the hotel's facilities, our lagoon style swimming pool, bedrooms, breakfast, quality of meals as well as the service from our associates. We will definitely do our best to continually extend our Sheraton service excellence to you and our discerning guests.

Our sincere appreciation for your kind support and we wish you well with nice weather back in UK and hope to welcome you and your wife back again next year.

Hotel Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cha-am
Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort and Spa
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
#2 of 63 in Cha-am
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,158 reviews

Been to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!