“Paradise for family and always have new news”

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The most often hotel for my family to have a vacation. This time I stay during long weekend. Surprisingly, check in is quite fast even all rooms are fully booked. When I arrived, room was not ready so I left my stuffs at hotel and went out for lunch. When I am back, all luggages were in our rooms already. This is first time that I bring my mom to go with my sons and wife. As lobby is on 2 nd floor and resort needs to Walk downstairs, my mom is difficult to walk much. Hotel serves us with shuttle car to room directly. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. A lot of senior and children stay during weekend but it can blend without disturbing each other. Breakfast is a surprise for me this time as there is a live music playing songs for you. It looks like Jazz brunch. It increases good feeling in the morning. Swimming pools are connected around hotel so it is not crowded. Dining at hotel is reasonable price comparing to other 5 star hotel. Only 1 minor thing is that each restaurant should be able to order cross restaurant. My family would like to have Italian at Sala restaurant while I was sick since 1st night from poisoned food after having seafood from local restaurant. I need to have mild food. I need to order room service to send at Sala while my family enjoys Italian. I think it should be flexible a bit. Kid club also has new things to serve elder children ie climbing. Overall is still excellent to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Pord,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa once again. It is a great pleasure to know that you and your family had a good time at the resort. And we are sorry to hear that you were not feeling good on the first night of your vacation.

We appreciate for your kind testimony about the resort's facilities, the service from our associates and most of all we are delighted that you loved the live music at the breakfast. It definitely enhances the starting of the day for our guests.

Your comment of the cross service of restaurants has brought us the attention and it will be discussed on board for the alternative options to lift up guest's experiences.

Once again, thank you very much for your support and patronage to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nice resort with stunning pool facilities and really nice rooms with all comfort. Small hiccup during check-in but nothing serious. It was very busy during my stay and staff were stressed to the limit - still everything went smoothly and everyone tried their best.
Very good choice for breakfast (pleasant surprise!) - much improved from my previous visits a few years back.
Free Wifi in rooms was offered but Internet was very slow (and nearly unusable) at times.
The resort is directly at the beach but away from Hua Hin centre (but they do provide regular shuttle service).
Recommended.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same (except suites) and difference is only view or pool access. Choose pool acce...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear BangkokGeorge,

Thank you very much for your kind note and it was good to learn that you had a relaxing stay at the resort recently. Appreciate your feedback on the improvement of our breakfast. And your comment on the speed of in-room WiFi has been noted to share with our concerning team to look after and develop for the better guest's experience.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The resort is set on sprawling grounds that also include Sheraton vacation villas and it is located beach-side about mid-way along the highway from Cha-am to Hua Hin town. We have been here several times for a short break from the city as we'd found this resort to be a reliable refuge for rest and relaxation each time we visited - this visit was no different. Starting from the welcoming reception - complimentary cool towel and cocktails always appreciated after the 2.5 hours' drive from Bangkok - to the immaculately-kept gardens and grounds, and the large guest rooms that are comfortable and well equipped, we lack for nothing here. Breakfast is always a pleasure at The Deck, with gracious and usually efficient staff, and comfortable seating both outdoors and indoors. The spread is comprehensive and seems to have changes each day although we have never stayed for more than 2 nights per visit to really experience the changes. It is a resort that we will continue to return to when we think of another break in Hua Hin.

Room Tip: If you bring kids, they will love the direct pool access "lagoon access" rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuJoe
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear ChuJoe,

Our sincere gratitude for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resor & Spa once again. We appreciate your recommendation of the resort as your favorite holiday destination.

We are grateful for your continously support and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have decided to write this review while I have a few more days to stay. I will be sorry to leave!
The hotel is everything I expected of it, both from reviews on tripadvisor and other research I undertook.
Its a full three hour drive from the airport. Reception is very open plan as indeed is the rest of the resort. The hotel describes the accommodation units as being on first and second floors, for UK readers this is ground and first floor.
The hotel is a fifteen minute drive from the centre of town. The hotel does supply a shuttle bus for a minimal fee.
We found nothing wrong at all with the beach in front of the hotel it is perfectly adequate.
The grounds and the lagoon pool are beautiful. A large team of staff attend the tropical gardens and maintain the pool in first class condition.
We stayed for a full two weeks which meant that we were in the minority. It appears that a lot of guests stay for only a few days or weekends. For the first time ever we hardly encountered any other UK visitors.
The bedrooms are lovely, bright and cool. Housekeeping perform a first class job. The Egyptian cotton sheets are fantastic and similar ones will be on our shopping list when we get home.

The Breakfast has to be seen to be believed, every type of food any nationality could want to start their day is provided although I am not sure who eats ice-cream for breakfast!

We had intended to eat in town as much possible however we found the food in the hotel to be of the highest quality and reasonable price so we spoiled ourselves a lot.

We met Jeff the general manager and had a great chat with him. My wife and I explained that we had read about the Indian weddings held in the hotel and had been hoping one was taking place as I know these can become events that welcome strangers to participate.
It is obvious from the way the staff do their job, no matter what area they work in, that they are being led by a first class management team.

Our first impression was that this hotel was a bit on the remote side for us, as we do enjoy walking into town etc. However in the second week we realised that we would return again in the future because it was such a friendly place.

Room Tip: We did not upgrade and had garden view room. The pool access rooms look great and will get better wi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank travelleringscot
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear travelleringscot,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. It is our great pleasure to know that you and your wife had a good time at the resort. Thank you for your kind testimony about the hotel's facilities, our lagoon style swimming pool, bedrooms, breakfast, quality of meals as well as the service from our associates. We will definitely do our best to continually extend our Sheraton service excellence to you and our discerning guests.

Our sincere appreciation for your kind support and we wish you well with nice weather back in UK and hope to welcome you and your wife back again next year.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed October 9, 2012

As I settled into my very nice quiet room all I could hear was the very earnest air conditioner working overtime to make me comfortable. I looked outside the window to my private garden and fence and wondered where the dog was. Oh, he was at home and I was somewhere in Thailand.

I was staying here for a work conference and being busy didn't upgrade myself to one of the more expensive pool rooms which would have been nicer - lots of swimming and cooling off could have been done and this would be recommended for anyone on holidays.

The food was also good, especially the breakfasts where a great range of fresh tropical fruits and food from every continent was available. Prices for food and mini-bar were very reasonable by international standards.

The beach is unfortunately not a great attraction, as whilst sandy, they are not particularly attractive. But they are well worth a walk to see the local fishing boats and villages still surviving amongst the emerging spread of western hotels.

The staff were all very Thai and friendly and at least bought a bit of the local flavor to help make you realize where you were. This was much appreciated.

The hotel desk will change money for you at reasonable rates if you don't leave it 'till too late in the day when they may have run out of local currency. There are 3 ATMs available as a fall back and alternative.

The location is 10 minutes drive north of Hua Hin and there are regular cheap hotel buses. Or you can book a limo. Coming back is easy in the same bus or at your leisure in a taxi at not much more than the bus.

Nice hotel to hide away in if you are looking for a safe location and not too much of the Thai influence.

Room Tip: Big Pool make the pool side rooms worthwhile.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tony A
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear taust,

Thank you very much for your very kind message and we are happy to learn that you had a great experience during your recent visit at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Regarding to the beach point of view, we do apologize that the beach in the area did not meet your expectation as we are situated on a seafront location. Therefore we have the largest Lagoon style pool of 400sqm which our guests loved it, and we hope you did too.

Your compliment on our associates will surely be shared to further encourage everyone here to consistently extend our best care and attention to our discerning guests.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back once again for a pure relaxing vacation at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visited the Sheraton with my family, and it was the best hotel i've ever stayed in!!

LOCATION: The hotel is situated right on a beach of stunning coastline, white sand, and deep blue ocean! It is also 20 minute journey from central 'Hua Hin', which has many attractions, and a great market!!! Would HIGHLY recommend going to the night-market for an incredibly unique experience, and really feel like you are experiencing the culture of Thailand!

HOTEL: The hotel is gorgeous, and if absolutely worth the money. The pool is amazing, with a lagoon-style shape extending right around all of the rooms. This is clean and pretty, with flowers and sculptures which are also very well cared for. The fact the hotel is only 2 storeys high makes it much prettier as well.

STAFF: The staff are the most attentive hotel staff I have ever encountered on a holiday. They are so dedicated to giving you the best possible holiday, and are so polite and friendly. They also have a great knowledge of the local area, which is useful when leaving the hotel!

FOOD: The breakfast at the hotel is very grand, with pastries/fruit/yoghurt/cooked breakfast/toast/cereal, and soups available!!! It is all delicious and best of all - you can have as much as you like!! The 'Inazia' restaurant was great for evening meals, and we dined here more than once. The food is reasonably priced, the staff are very friendly and the food was yummy! I would also recommend going to the 'Salas Pool Restaurant' for lunch one day, and ordering the shrimp and mango salad with lime! It was divine!

ROOMS: I would highly recommend getting on the 'pool access' rooms, as we did. Not only was the view amazing every-time we woke up in this morning and looked out of our window onto the flowing pool, but it also meant accessing the pool itself was incredibly simple! Literally stepping our of our door! If you are worried about the privacy of these rooms, don't fear! The hotel is so vast that people rarely swim past your window, and the balconies are large so even if there are people passing, it doesn't feel like they are right under your noses! The room itself was large and clean, complete with a flat-screen TV! The bathroom was equally as pleasing.

While we were there, it was the Queen of Thailand's birthday, and so a special event was put on at the hotel to celebrate this, with a drinks reception and songs to be sung! This was all great fun, and really made us feel a part of the community!

There was also the national cocktail competition taking place in one of the function rooms on one of the days which was amazing to watch, and very entertaining! Although much effort was made to encourage guests at the hotel to go along, my family and I found ourselves to be the only guests there, among the hundreds of thai people from around the country that had come to watch! We were made to feel right at home, and even taken to the front and treated like V.I.Ps!!

Also - the free yoga classes were a plus and a great thing to wake you up in the morning after breakfast!

Overall, if you are considering going to this hotel, DO IT! You will not be disappointed, and it's totally worth the price! Holiday of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Get a pool-access room!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank CharBChar
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear CharBChar

It is certainly a great pleasure to know that you and your family had a great time at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding the resort's facilities for the families and service from our team members which will motivate everyone here to enhance product and service quality to you, your family and our discerning guests.

On top of that, we are happy that we were able to make you feel right at home and thank you once again for letting us took our steps to provide the kind of service you deserved.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back once again to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This resort is absolutely beautiful. When we arrived we were treated with fresh towels to wash your face with and a welcome cool drink. Penelope at reservations was wonderful, she gave us a guided tour of the resort and walked us to our rooms. The resort layout has swimming area right around the resort. We stayed in garden rooms with interconnecting doors for the kids, 15, 12 & 9. The kids club is great, some really good activities for them to do, quite reasonable. Opened from 9-12noon and then again 1-6. Thy must eat with you for lunch. The beach area is great for a walk along and the kids use the banana lounge chair for water fun. This was THB 6. The restaurants are quite reasonable in price, if we were are the pool we would often eat from the beach cafe, just recently reopened. Had dinner at the italian restaurant as well and this was nice. Otherwise there is the shuttle bus that takes you into Hua Hin every half hour or THB 50 per a head one way, children under 12 are free. this drops you off in town and we ate every other night in the night market area. The food especially seafood is fresh and tastes great. The pork & chicken skewers are awesome from the carts, fresh fruits are delicious and so fresh. We would often grab these on our way home or for a snack. The Rotee is great for dessert, it is like a thin pancake and we had it with fresh banana and nutella, it was delicious !!!!! The Thai's are beautiful people and always friendly. We hired a car for our stay and it is easy to drive around Hua Hin no problems. We played golf at black mountain, this course is absolutely beautiful, the layout, the senery and the caddy's were fantastic. Really enjoyable day. We also played at Palm Hills Golf course, another great course, beautiful layout with some testing holes. Banyan golf club was excellent as well. The golf courses are beautifully manicured and some really challenging holes! But fun over all with the laugh of the caddy's. We will definately return to Hua Hin again, we loved it! A truely enjoyable, relaxing holiday had by all our family.

Room Tip: We were looking I upgrade into a pool access room, but unfortunately we were unable due o them being...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zoomzoom99
SheratonHuaHin, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear zoomzoom99,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent family stay at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. It is certainly a great pleasure to know that you and your family had a good time at the resort.

We appreciate your kind testimony about the hotel's facilities, and satisfaction regarding the services provided at the resort, our Lagoon style swimming pool which is our unique proposition facility, StarClub (Kids Club), Salas pool restaurant (Italian restaurant), and Luna Lanai (beach bar restaurant).

Moreover, your experience around Hua Hin areas including Night Market and Golf experiences are surely be useful to the others as well.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your family back again for the next returning to Hua Hin, soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cha-am
Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort and Spa
#5 of 144 in Hua Hin
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
#1 of 62 in Cha-am

Been to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!