As I settled into my very nice quiet room all I could hear was the very earnest air conditioner working overtime to make me comfortable. I looked outside the window to my private garden and fence and wondered where the dog was. Oh, he was at home and I was somewhere in Thailand.
I was staying here for a work conference and being busy didn't upgrade myself to one of the more expensive pool rooms which would have been nicer - lots of swimming and cooling off could have been done and this would be recommended for anyone on holidays.
The food was also good, especially the breakfasts where a great range of fresh tropical fruits and food from every continent was available. Prices for food and mini-bar were very reasonable by international standards.
The beach is unfortunately not a great attraction, as whilst sandy, they are not particularly attractive. But they are well worth a walk to see the local fishing boats and villages still surviving amongst the emerging spread of western hotels.
The staff were all very Thai and friendly and at least bought a bit of the local flavor to help make you realize where you were. This was much appreciated.
The hotel desk will change money for you at reasonable rates if you don't leave it 'till too late in the day when they may have run out of local currency. There are 3 ATMs available as a fall back and alternative.
The location is 10 minutes drive north of Hua Hin and there are regular cheap hotel buses. Or you can book a limo. Coming back is easy in the same bus or at your leisure in a taxi at not much more than the bus.
Nice hotel to hide away in if you are looking for a safe location and not too much of the Thai influence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Cha-Am