“Four days of Paradise.”

Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am - MGallery Collection
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just spent 4 glorious days at this wonderful resort, on a secluded part of the beach. Our suite overlooked the swimming pool, with the ocean in the background. Every day we would return to our room to find more fruit and another gift .......... one day a bottle of French Champagne. Staff were very friendly and the food was fabulous. Looked like a great selection of accommodation options as I wandered around the complex. Could easily have stayed longer. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: I was in suite 2, but I did notice that Suite 12 was right on the sand. Mine next time!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HamishLink
Panit81, Manager at Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Veranda Resort and Spa. Suite 12 is our Beachfront Pool Villa of which we have 3 units. The Beachfront Pool Villa have just the 1 bedroom unlike the Pool Villa number 2 which you stayed in which has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The advanage of the Beachfront Villa is the amazing view and direct beach access. Hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an Acor hotel, a French group. The staff is really very nice, always smiling, professional and helpful. Everything is perfectly clean. Excellent food at the two restaurants. Excellent and rich breakfast. The rooms are perfect. Here and there, around the swiming pool, some decorative elements should be renovated... The hotel is quiet. When I stayed there, il was not possible to take a bath in the sea because of the presence of jelly fish.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and comments regarding your stay at Veranda Resort and Spa. We have undertaking a renovations in all guest rooms which will be completed by the end of August. Unfortunately the jelly fish arrive during the rainy season and stay around till the end of September. The local fisherman do there very best to collect as many possible with nets and sell to the Chinese merchants. i believe they make some sort of health benefiting soup with it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Got a chance to stay at this hotel over last weekend. Overall, I am not pleased with the room quality nor the services provided based on the price of over 5000 THB per night. Actually, I got the reservation for 2 connecting rooms, and I personally think that at 10000 THB, I could have stayed in any other place in Cha-am with better and more spacious room.

As far as I understand, Cha-am is very popular during these days and and the price is skyrocket during the weekend. However, the room at Veranda is not worth the price! The room itself is quite old and the bathroom design is not practical. The toilet and shower area are sharing the space. After taking the shower, then the toilet area is wet as well. I wouldn't expect this for the 5 stars hotel. Also, the wash basin is not well design, the amenity kits are quite limited (no toothbrush/paste).

The breakfast is so-so. They offers varieties of Western items such as omelet, bacon, sausage, and also some Thai food, but the taste is not that good. (I tried breakfast at Sheraton; it's way better.)

The only good part of this place is the swimming pool that my nieces are really enjoying especially the slider. But the kids club at this hotel is also quite poor. No interesting activities.

For the service, I would say that it's mediocre. Eventhough the staffs are polite, but I do not like the idea that I have to wait for 1 hour to check-in. (Arriving at 1.50PM, but the room won't be ready until 3.00PM)

As conclusion, I won't go to stay at this place again eventhough I am Accor member unless they can offer the price for less than 3500 THB per night during the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CakeHunter

Thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding your stay at Veranda Resort and Spa. We have undertaken renovation work in all room types and should be completed by the end of August. We will review our breakfast items to increase choice and flavour as per your suggestion. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a very long overdue review. My husband and I got married at Veranda in Jan 2013. We did both the Thai and western style wedding ceremonies. Our wedding planner, Som, was very helpful and patient and the wedding itself surpassed all expectations we had. On the wedding day, Som and a helper walked us and our guests through the ceremonies and kept us on track. Like most brides, I didn't get to sample much of the food, but our guests were very happy. A year and a half later, everyone still comments on how unique and fun the wedding was to attend.

I will say that my husband and I were pretty laid-back when it came to what we wanted in a wedding. So, going with a package where we didn't have to worry about many details (we just had to provide alcohol, attire, and a photographer) was perfect for us. I would suggest reading up on the significance of the ceremonies if you choose the Thai package so you understand what is happening and why.

Bottomline: Both our families and us loved the wedding at Veranda and are very happy that we chose them for such an important event.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your wedding at Veranda Resort and Spa. I will pass on you thanks to Khun Som who is a very hard working young lady who has helped many couples plan their wedding here with us. We hope you will have the opportunity to return for a future visit to celebrate your anniversary with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed in 2 bedrooms pool villa ,it was very large for 2 of us. The main bedroom with high ceiling and high bed (higher than normal) feel like climbing to bed. I like bathroom very comfortable but outdoor jacuzzi is too large. Second bedroom are small. We have problem with air condition- in the bedroom is too hot and in the living room is too cold so we have to open the connecting door to balance it. Private pool has good size but need maintenance-villa no4 the stair into the pool is loose not safe when using it and under water light need to be fixed. Main pool is large and next to the beach. Distance from our villa to the restuarant is a bit far.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for you comments and suggestions, we have fixed the pool ladder, pool lights and also carried out maintenance on the air conditioning units. Thank you once again for your useful comments, we are always greatful for any suggestions to improve guest experience.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The pool view is beautiful facing the beach. You can have massage along the beach which only cost 200 bahts. I read through almost all the reviews before I make the reservation on this hotel. Spa, pool and breakfast are good. Well, I tried all, and indeed the pool is awesome. But the spa is kind of disappointing and there is no big spread of breakfast as mentioned.

One thing shocked me is the accor member discount at the pool bar. My friends and I were enjoying lunch and wine at the pool side and was mentioned to the waiter that there is no discount when we having at here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Veranda Resort and Spa. For Accor member discounts, it depends on card, Le Club members recieve discounted room rates and other benefits but no discounts in the restaurants and bars. Accor Advantage card members get discounts on Restaurants and Bars - excluding happy hours, which is already discounted. Thank you once again for your comments and suggestions.