“good room”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Hua Hin, Thailand
“good room”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

very nice room and very friendly staff.this area is peacefull.we had nice diner in this hotel too.we will probably comeback next year .
many tourist go to hua hin but chaam is more friendly people around there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jule k
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Juke K.

Thank you so much for choosing Cera Resort for your holidays.We were grateful for you kind comments on our resort and services.We are looking forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My comment is to be about The Cera Restaurant and their wonderful Spa and Thai Massage.
I suffered a knee injury before I left for holidays in Cha-am.
Several times a week Ruby from the Spa at Cera did very soft massage on my knee and I have to say I am almost as good as new.
The Spa & Massage rooms are beautiful no wonder I recovered so well.
The whole Cera complex is delightful. I was staying at another hotel yet they welcomed me with open arms and their kindness is much appreciated.
We had lunch everal times in their beautiful gardenn-you can choose the garden or their restaurant to have your meals. The food is great and well priced.
They asked if I would like to see over the hotel and the rooms are really amazing.
You ould have the time of your life staying here.

Room Tip: As I only used the Spa & Restaurant and was shown over the hotel rooms I have to say all the roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie F
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Cera hotel just for one night before a triathlon. The hotel were extremely accommodating to all of our needs and I would definitely recommend this place as a great place to relax by the pool and enjoy some rest.

The rooms are excellent and very spacious. They have a great bathtub and separate shower. The room was very big with a balcony overlooking the pool. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. They took our bags up to the room and also helped with my bike and other things. You can sit around the pool all day on the spacious sun loungers as the waiters will take your order for food and drink and bring it over (I didn't expect that for this price).

Reception staff were also great and arranged a packed breakfast for us as we left the hotel at 5.30am.

Only downside was location, the hotel is not next to a lovely beach or anything. But bike rental is available nearby and it is a lovely way toexplore a very nice part of Thailand.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank EnglishGav
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been fortunate to have travelled to many countries for professional purposes, sometimes for leisure, and stayed in numerous hotels. I have read some of the recent reports on Cera Resort Cha-Am, particularly the detailed comments of Pencroft posted on 4 February 2014. Whilst I agree with much of Pencroft’s comments, of course I'd like to add my own opinions in praise of Cera.

My ideal resort/hotel for leisure is one which is unpretentious, peaceful, not too big, reasonable facilities, a location with some interesting features and easy access to local restaurants etc, comfortable rooms, and (very important) with a friendly staff who are obviously happy (ie. treated well by management), attentive, and helpful. I have stayed twice at Cera (6 days in each of November 2013 and February 2014,) with my Thai travel organiser friend (I don't speak much Thai).

Of course, what suits one person may not suit another. Some reports suggest that Cera is "quirky", and "soulless". I don’t agree. If you want real quirkiness, try Plaern Wan in Hua Hin; if you want real soullessness, try some of the big chain resort/hotels in the area. For me, Cera provides the ideal peaceful environment and location where I can relax, read books, sit poolside in the late afternoon/ evening (not lie in the blazing sun risking skin lesions or melanomas), go for long walks along the sandy beach (when the tide is out) to the fishing boats and local market (where only a few tourists go), stroll 300 metres into the village for a meal at one of the many restaurants (where staff generally remember you, such as at Tom Yum Gung), have a cocktail at the Blue Bell Bar (efficiently managed by May who does the best mojitos), and 7Eleven for snacks etc.

In both visits I stayed in the smaller poolside block of rooms. The first time the room was 3rd floor south facing with balcony; the second time was a ground floor south-facing room with direct access to a personal lawn and 2 loungers, and the sunny pool only 8 metres away. The Cera bedrooms and bathrooms are a good size, everything very clean, comfortable beds and bedding, power shower, separate bath (made by a local ceramics company), good range of TV stations, efficient aircon, armchairs, tea/coffee etc. In fact, everything you would expect of a decent hotel. I think the Cera room price range is very reasonable.

The breakfast certainly had plenty of food variety to satisfy me. If I had wanted or expected a vast range of foods from different countries, and numerous facilities, then I would have stayed in a far more expensive hotel. Cera's good-sized pool, outdoor table tennis, computer with internet access (many hotels now do not provide that as it is assumed everyone has a smartphone), with its seaside location and nearby village, happy staff, comfortable room, were just what I required for refreshing rest and relaxation away from the noise, traffic, and bustle of London.

Each day I particularly appreciated the genuine and warm smiles of greeting, and chats (in English) with elegant k. Boonream and her charming team on Reception Front Office (Duangjai, Natara, Bussaba)! Thank you k. Boonream and your cheerful team.

For all the above reasons I am happy to give Cera Resort Cha-Am top marks for the 6 relevant rating categories. I am certainly looking forward to returning to Cera Resort.
Richard, London UK

Room Tip: South-facing rooms in pool-side block
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Rickie D
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Rickie D.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Cera Resort Cha-Am and sharing your wonderful experience during your stay with us.

We are very delighted to learn that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay and happy with our facilities and services.

We are grateful for your kind comment to our team members.We are all very appreciated of your comments which highly encourage all of us.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Malvern
Reviewed February 4, 2014

For those who don't like reading a whole report, this is a decent hotel, very clean and good for a stay in this great area of Ban Kwai village between Cha Am and Hua Hin. This isn't an area for night life, but it is a great area if you want the charm of real Thailand and some great eating places and small bars. For those who like to know a little more, read on.

This is a fairly new boutiquey type hotel which, as regular visitors to this area, we came across last year and liked the look of it so decided to give it a try this year. I toyed between three and four stars for the rating, but I have opted for four as for us it served its purpose. It has a quirky feel with colourful ceramics around the pool and in the rooms. A lot of the doors don't fit properly, but it all adds to the quirky nature of the place. There are two main buildings for accommodation and reception is at the bottom of the smaller block. All the staff seemed pleasant enough and were polite and efficient.

The pool area is very nice and with a good sized pool for the number of rooms with a shallower pool attached presumably for youngsters, although I'm pleased to say there were very few there whilst we were there ( yes, I'm getting old). The deepest it gets in the main pool is 1.6 meters and starts at 1.3 meters. It was rather breathtaking getting in, but once in, it was quite pleasant. One word of caution though, the steps into the pool are very steep and there is no grab rail, I saw several elderly (more elderly than me!) people go to get in and ended up virtually falling in the first time they entered the pool, I really think it's something the hotel should address before someone gets seriously injured. The gardens were well maintained and the sun beds were a very good size, more like a single bed. Towels are provided. The hotel is well geared for disabled customers and there is a large disabled toilet poolside. There is the usual towels on the sun beds syndrome to a small extent, but it never proved a major problem.

There is something of a pool bar which doubles as the main bar and evening dining takes place around this area. The bar area is open plan, so if the wind is blowing, it can get somewhat breezy within, but sometimes on very hot days that was quite nice. Breakfast is taken in the restaurant just over the road and again this building is open plan and at the time of our visit, the strong breeze made it quite cool at breakfast time.

For me, breakfast wasn't the best I've ever had on holiday. In fairness, we don't normally bother eating in hotels in Thailand whether it be breakfast or other meals and normally when staying in this area we go into the village to Harry's bar (see separate review) where you get an excellent breakfast for just 150 baht (£3) so despite having paid for breakfast at the hotel, this is what we did most days. The hotel breakfast had just cornflakes, no muesli or chocolate pops which is the norm in Thailand it seems and on the occasions I did have something hot, the eggs were always underdone with whites around the yolk not cooked, which always puts me off. No bacon, but you could have chicken in oyster sauce or salad, the fruit and strawberry yogurt were very nice. I note from other reviews that some felt the breakfast was good, so perhaps it's just me having been spoilt at Harry's bar!

The hotel has its own bakery on site so you can buy fresh bread and cakes each day, even at a weekend. There is no gym, but they do have a table tennis table and as it is pretty flat around this area, so I would go for a run most days.

There is no entertainment at this hotel (not a problem to us) but what I did find odd, was that the bar never seemed to stay open after people had finished dining, We came back to the hotel early one evening for a drink, about 9.30 only to find the place in darkness. I guess they accept that most customers will go to the village (2 mins walk) for their evenings entertainment and drinking. The walk to the village is along a poorly lit road, but is not a problem at all and we never felt unsafe and it takes no more than 2 minutes. If I have one criticism of the village and area in general, it is the number of dogs around, although in fairness, none ever bothered us and most just liked to sleep, often in the middle of the road!

Our room was on the fourth (top) floor of the smaller block and from our balcony we had a partial view of the pool area and view of the sea although partially obscured. It was a good sized room with a massive bed, two three quarter beds together so I guess they could have been split. One side of the bed had a quirky table with a lamp but my side had nothing and I did miss having somewhere to put my book or iPad after use late at night, but perhaps that's me being finicky. A large screen tv and a small fridge were included as well as a good sized safe, although that was within the open wardrobe just off the floor so with my bad back and poor eyesight, it wasn't that easy to use, but it did have a light inside which helped.

The bathroom was a reasonable size, although it did at times smell of cabbage water! we couldn't really pinpoint why, but sometimes my wife found it quite strong. There is a quirky free standing bath and a good size walk in shower, designed so those with mobility problems can sit down and shower. Within the shower there was also a tub full of water with a plastic jug, I assume it was some sort of Thai thing although I have not encountered it before. The water temperature was always good and not too much fluctuation when it was on, so you won't scold yourself like some places we have been to. Complimentary shampoo and a half decent hair drier for you ladies. What we did miss was drawers, there are none and so we ended up keeping smalls etc in our suitcases.

There are some better rooms at the hotel I believe and a couple that are more like suites if that grabs your fancy.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel which worked pretty well. We ate at the hotel one night and the food was pretty good. My wife went European and had mushroom soup starter and sea bass with vegetables followed by creme caramel, she said it was very tasty and filling. I stuck with Thai and had a medley of Green Thai curry, crispy noodles, wonton soup, spicy Thai ground pork salad and steamed rice, a pleasant meal (the noodles were excellent) finished off with fresh fruit. In all, with two soft drinks and a coffee it came to around £19.

I do wish these hotels would put the actual price and not a lower pice and then add on 10% service charge and another 7% tax! personally I find it really irritating.

There were signs to say you could have a massage by appointment, but with so many places for such in the village and on the beach, I guess it doesn't get used too often. It seemed to be mainly populated with French visitors with a sprinkling of Dutch, Belgians, Germans and Brits. There was also the occasional Thai (at least I think they were Thai) and many who stayed were obviously making good use of the many golf courses in this region.

Over the past few years the sea has come in quite considerably and taken away large chunks of the beach particularly around this area and the Regent Beach Hotel. It was slightly better this year and you could actually walk along the beach both ways unless the tide was in or it was really windy which brought in the sea. But if you did want the beach you would have to walk probably about five to ten minutes if the tide was in, otherwise the two roads that run parallel to the hotel take you there in seconds.

All in all we had a good time whist staying at this hotel and would gladly return. For us it's about finding a base with a good pool that is clean and from where we can enjoy the atmosphere of 'the Village' and so this ticked most of the boxes.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a good view, ask for a room in the block behind the bar area
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Pencroft
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Pencroft Malvern,

We were grateful for your kind review following your stay at Cera Resort Cha-Am.We appreciate your kind feedback and believe that your favorable comment will be useful for ones who are looking for the accommodation for their holiday.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again for your valuable time and hope to have a chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Boonream O.
Essex
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. It was in a good location about 5 mins walk from all the restaurants and shops but away from the noise. The pool area was lovely and very comfortable. Whilst Cha-Am is not the most "happening" resort, the hotel is perfect for a few days of R&R. Personally, I would not book a week or two's holiday here as I think Thailand has a lot more to offer but as this is a review for the hotel, I give it 5 stars.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sarahvetnurse
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sarahvetnurse,

Thank you so much for your nice comment for Cera Resort Cha-Am.We are delighted that you had a good time with us.Most of our clients shared their experience that they liked our resort because it is colorful,clean and quiet. A spacious room is also mentioned.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again for your valuable time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 19, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I was looking forward to my new year trip to Cera. 1st in Cha-am must be pretty good, right?

On arrival I was instantly disappointed. The resort had very little soul or character and didn't look like the kind of place I wanted to spend 4 days. The music was dull, it had a very family/old couple feel to it, the decor was bland (with attempts to liven it up with splashes of colour here and there). I like new years breaks to be places of inspiration, and this certainly wasn't it. The price was probably double due to being high season so perhaps my expectations were unrealistically high.

The staff were fine and pleasant enough but not as super friendly as the reviews suggested. Not once did they ask how was our room? How was our stay? Did we enjoy Cha-am? Anything they could help us with. They answered queries fairly efficiently I guess.

The room was very very clean (as was the rest of the resort) and big and spacious, but again, no soul or character in the room. A bed chucked here, a cabinet chucked there. No vibe.

The room was next to the lift so there was an irritating whirring sound every now and then. Not the end of the world but not great.

The food was extremely average. Fine for the price. Breakfast was standard cheap/mid-range hotel grub.

The most interaction we had with the staff was organising the taxi at the end. I thought they'd got a thumbs up for providing a car for the short ride but it was steeply priced at 300 baht.

Oh, and the 'double bed' room was two single mattresses pushed together. Not what I'd expect from a quality establishment.

In summary, we spent almost our entire time at a nicer hotel nearby, that says a lot I think.

It was 2 stars for me, but I'm giving it 3 as I think it would suit some other people a lot more. Families, for example, would benefit from the spacious rooms. And the cleanliness works in its favour.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackybristol
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Jackybristol,
Thank you so much for your review and we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay.All comments have been noted and will be used for improving our services.

Thank you once again for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.