“Clean, friendly hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Essex
“Clean, friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. It was in a good location about 5 mins walk from all the restaurants and shops but away from the noise. The pool area was lovely and very comfortable. Whilst Cha-Am is not the most "happening" resort, the hotel is perfect for a few days of R&R. Personally, I would not book a week or two's holiday here as I think Thailand has a lot more to offer but as this is a review for the hotel, I give it 5 stars.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sarahvetnurse
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sarahvetnurse,

Thank you so much for your nice comment for Cera Resort Cha-Am.We are delighted that you had a good time with us.Most of our clients shared their experience that they liked our resort because it is colorful,clean and quiet. A spacious room is also mentioned.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again for your valuable time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the future.

Boonream
Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I was looking forward to my new year trip to Cera. 1st in Cha-am must be pretty good, right?

On arrival I was instantly disappointed. The resort had very little soul or character and didn't look like the kind of place I wanted to spend 4 days. The music was dull, it had a very family/old couple feel to it, the decor was bland (with attempts to liven it up with splashes of colour here and there). I like new years breaks to be places of inspiration, and this certainly wasn't it. The price was probably double due to being high season so perhaps my expectations were unrealistically high.

The staff were fine and pleasant enough but not as super friendly as the reviews suggested. Not once did they ask how was our room? How was our stay? Did we enjoy Cha-am? Anything they could help us with. They answered queries fairly efficiently I guess.

The room was very very clean (as was the rest of the resort) and big and spacious, but again, no soul or character in the room. A bed chucked here, a cabinet chucked there. No vibe.

The room was next to the lift so there was an irritating whirring sound every now and then. Not the end of the world but not great.

The food was extremely average. Fine for the price. Breakfast was standard cheap/mid-range hotel grub.

The most interaction we had with the staff was organising the taxi at the end. I thought they'd got a thumbs up for providing a car for the short ride but it was steeply priced at 300 baht.

Oh, and the 'double bed' room was two single mattresses pushed together. Not what I'd expect from a quality establishment.

In summary, we spent almost our entire time at a nicer hotel nearby, that says a lot I think.

It was 2 stars for me, but I'm giving it 3 as I think it would suit some other people a lot more. Families, for example, would benefit from the spacious rooms. And the cleanliness works in its favour.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackybristol
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Jackybristol,
Thank you so much for your review and we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectation during your stay.All comments have been noted and will be used for improving our services.

Thank you once again for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Boonream
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Spacious and clean resort. Pleasant, well maintained grounds.Staff professional, mannerly and numerous. Room well appointed with good view. Food good and various. Resort popular with Bangkok Thai people with a sprinkling of Euro, U.K. and other visitors. Well worth a visit as the cost is relatively low compared to other resorts.

Negative points: beds far too hard. Lot of dog barking and hindrance in area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ROD B
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Rod B.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Cera Resort Cha-Am and for your favorable comment on our resort.We are happy to learn that you were satisfied with our services and hospitality. We will share this comment to our team and will not only maintain our standard but will improve to higher standard.
Thank you once again and hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Lampang, Lampang, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I arrived a day earlier than expected and was given a beautiful room for the first night. They were so helpful. The front desk staff ordered a motorbike for me and always answered my questions regarding places to visit and what I should see in Cha Am. The following day they moved my luggage to my reserved room which was equally beautiful. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I really felt like I made good friends while I stayed. The food manager, Mr. Kittipong, was really great and even recommended some 'hidden' treasures of the area--including a mangrove forest! I ended up staying longer than I had originally thought, and instead of moving to a different hotel I opted to stay at Cera because it really is a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. Can't wait to visit again! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if you want a high floor, my room was facing the construction. :/
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephanie M
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Stephanie,

Thank you so much for your favorable comments for Cera Resort.We are happy to learn that you had a good time here not only in our resort but also in many places around. Khun Kittipong,Khun
Anne and other staff are always willing to serve you.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again and hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had our 3rd great stay at Cera Resort! We always enjoy this hotel with its great staff, quiet location (not in the city), next to the ocean and close to multiple golf courses. In the mornings we golfed at Springfield, Palm Hills, Black Mountain, and Lake View. All are within ~15-20min by taxi.

Room Tip: There are ocean view rooms in the main building and in the tower.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lars_of_D
Dear Lars_of _D,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to write a comment for Cera Resort. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Two of us stayed in Cera in June 2013, and while we enjoyed our five days here we probably wouldn't be in a rush back. While the accommodation was lovely - particularly the pool area was very clean etc, it was quite dull, so music around the pool, no bar, place in darkness by 8 or 9pm and the village it was closest to was certainly a glimpse of real Thailand which we did enjoy but probably wouldn't return to. Pretty sure we had cat for dinner in a local restaurant one night. The hotel is very cheap and the food is amazing and perhaps if there was a little more atmosphere around the grounds in the evening the hotel would make more money from people lingering on for a drink etc.

I don't want to be overly negative but I wouldn't return to this hotel mainly because if we had known, we would have stayed along the main Cha Am beachfront where there is a lot more activity and it doesn't feel quite so lonely!

Saying that, if you want to see real Thailand, the village which is probably five mins stroll from the hotel is WONDERFUL for genuine food & beer, cocktails and authentic thai markets and a chance to soak up the culture a bit. Met a great taxi driver (Mr Vit) who, if you ask for him as they know him at the hotel, will drive you literally all over the place for virtually nothing, the equiv of 10 euro. If you like seafood, ask him to drive you to the seafood restaurant which he recommends, you will not be disappointed.

Overall, I'd recommend for a two night stay to get a glimpse of like i said, Real Thailand, and then move on to Hua Hin where the beaches are cleaner, the atmosphere is electric and the markets amazing.

On another note there was no spa or fitness centre that I noted! So probably not a resort. But nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucychadwick85
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Found the staff very helpful and hotel excellent value for money. The area around could really do with some investment and cleaning up. Breakfast was a real treat and wish I had made better use of it.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kerrydickinson
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear KerryDickinson,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments on our property.Our team always pay high attention to keep our resort neat and clean.Still there are some neighboring area which need improvement. Thanks for your suggestion,we will see what we can do on this matter.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you to
our resort again.