“Good clean hotel, lovely friendly staff, quite location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cera Resort Chaam

Cera Resort Chaam
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Good clean hotel, lovely friendly staff, quite location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here twice during July and August, I thought the Cera was a lovely hotel. I had to check out for two nights during my stay to move to a resort on the Cha am Beach road, but I soon checked back in to the Cera again as I felt the staff here were very helpful and friendly. Even allowing me to practice speaking Thai despite that they could speak better English than I could Thai. The resort is right on the sea front, although you'll have to walk along the shore a few meters to find a part of the beach big enough to sit on if the tide is in. The swimming pool and the little gardens are well maintained, with sun loungers around the pool area. The staff will happily put out mattress's and put up the sunshades and serve drinks for you. The breakfast/dinning area is just the other side of the pool and the staff here really make you feel welcome, pouring fresh coffee and serving freshly cooked omelets or fried eggs, there was always plenty of fresh fruit to enjoy as well. Even though I overslept one morning and had just missed the closing time for breakfast I was still made to feel welcome and I managed to get my omelet and coffee (Kop khun krub girls)
The hotel rooms are set in two blocks, one block has the reception area in it and the rooms here are clean and well laid out. I stayed in the block with the reception during my first stay. The room over looked the pool but I could see the sea if I looked to my left a little. Comfortable (single ) beds with clean sheets, the bathroom was very spacious with a shower and separate bath tub. The room was cleaned everyday, as were the towels. I later returned to Cera after I had been away for a couple of nights. This time to be given a room in the other block just past the open bar/lounge area. This room was even bigger, with a fine view over the resort looking out towards the sea. You had to walk though the bathroom to get to the bedroom which had a queens sized double bed, but the bathroom was clean and a good size. Again the room was kept spotlessly clean and the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. I used the room service one evening and the service and the quality of meals delivered were excellent. I also used the laundry service (twice) and the clothes were retuned to me smelt clean & fresh and they were nicely pressed. Although I would happily stay here again when I am next in the Cha am or Hua Hin area, I feel I must point out that because of the location of the Cera Resort, about 9 kms from Cha and about 20 kms to Hua Hin, you will need to consider using local taxi's to get back and forth from both towns unless you have you own transport, luckily the Cera has ample car parking space. The village it's self is a sleepy little place with a few bars and restaurants serving Thai or 'international' meals (pizza probably) with a couple offering a fine 'Full English breakfast'. There are a few massage parlours along the soi and, if you look carefully, a couple of internet cafes. At the south end of the soi, opposite the Novotel Cha am Beach Resort, is a Seven Eleven. The people who live and work in the village were all friendly and laid back, they were always happy to just sit and chat and pass the time of day. I would recommend the Cera Resort Cha-am as the Staff are genuinely lovely, really warm and welcoming, the service provide is excellent and the accommodation is clean, comfortable and spacious, which all made a peaceful, relaxing, trouble free vacation, Next time I won't mess about staying in different locations I'll head straight for the Cera Resort and chill out. I also have it on good authority the Thai spa service provided by the Cera is marvellous and the massage therapists is really well trained, so there will be no need to waste money using the 'massage parlours' along the village soi.

Room Tip: The rooms in both blocks are well appointed, The rooms in the block without the reception area are b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David A
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mr.David A.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments,it's a great pleasure to learn that you were happy and satisfied with our property and services.This is an encouragement to the management and staff to continue our best effort to satisfy our valued customers.
On behalf of the team,thank you once again for your wonderful review and we hope to have a chance to welcome you to have a pleasant stay with us again in the near future.

Boonream O.
Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Found this place on agoda.com and stayed here for a week. A very nice place to stay for a family vacation. Everything about this place is excellent.
For me and my family we found the staff to be very professional, very friendly and very helpful. They deserve much credit for making our stay so enjoyable. I can recommend this place to everybody who is looking for a quiet place for a holiday destination.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank iKriz
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear iKriz,

We thank you so much for your valuable comments extend to our property and services.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and have a good time hear.This will encourage all of us to continue our best hospitalities and services.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again for your time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you and family again at our resort.

Cha-am Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My name is Robert Everitt form country Victoria Australia , I booked Cera Resort , Cha-am on line before leaving Australia with my Thai fiance'e Udon . We arrived a day earlier than booked and late in the day !! For a 28 night stay , and have 8 nights before we have to leave this wonderful resort . and the friendly happy , family of Staff that we have become attached to . The resort is well located on the beach in a quiet village 7 ks from Cha-am and about 17 ks from Hua Hin , walking distance to local food and shops and resort transport or taxi's to HuaHin . The rooms are very spacious with big bathrooms and a bath tub . The swimming pool and outdoor entertaining area's are beautiful , and very easy to relax in , and a 50 meter walk to a safe quiet beach . The restaurant and bakery offer the best food I have eaten in Thailand at a very reasonable price , and the attentive and friendly staff have made our stay " Fantastic " And the Thai cooking class with head chef Pattra should not be missed . This has been a great holiday , a great resort , fabulous food and lovely friendly staff .

Room Tip: My name is Robert Everitt form country Victoria Australia , I booked Cera Resort , Cha-am on line be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert E
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Robert E.

On behalf on our team,we would like to thank you for your valuable comments about your holiday at Cera Resort Cha-Am.We highly appreciate your comments of our hospitality and services.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our cooking class and most delighted that you had a good memorable holiday with us.

We are more than happy welcoming you and Khun Udon back again next time you visit Thailand.

Kind regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here during May 2013 with friends and family for two nights. Overall, this is a great place if you want to be away from hustle and bustle of a tourist place.
In summary:
Pros:
1. Clean, big rooms
2. Great, helpful staff
3. Nice food. Breakfast is average, but Thai Veg food for lunch we tried was very good
4. Good proportion pool
5. Neat and clean property, nice ceramic arrangement
Cons:
1. Beach, though nearby, doesn't exist when there's tide (however small tide may be), so practically you have to go to nearby beach few hundred meters or Long beach- 9 km- away
2. Odd arrangement of bath area in rooms- as soon as you enter the room you have a basin/shower/WC, so if someone is using it, nobody can come in or go out of the room. This may also create some privacy issue when travelling in a group
Here are some details:
This resort is located far from main Cha-am area, particularly long beach, but we selected this resort to keep away from these tourist spots!!! Also, if you are looking for happening places/ night markets, this may not be the place for you. But for families with their own transport, this is a perfect place to stay.
Rooms are big, clean and have good selection of furniture / furnishing. Bed/pillows are good for sound sleep. A minibar and tea-coffee arrangements are there, in case you need it. Breakfast was standard, but enough. Some vegetarian choices we got, so not a major problem.
Restaurant serves good Thai food. Food prepared was fresh and delicious.
The best part of the resort is its staff. Always smiling and helpful. In particular, we would like to thank Kh. Kittipong (Food Manager) who helped us with vegetarian food since our first day lunch. Like him, many of the staff speaks good English. Front office staff was equally helpful. Check-in / out was efficient and quick.
Facility-wise, they have a nice pool. Practically it was for us most of the time, so children enjoyed it very much. Resort provides drop-off service to Cha-am with charge. Internet is free, but was very weak in the room. They have decorated resort with colourful ceramics, also placed some of them in the room- we liked the concept. We also saw some restaurants and a 7-11 when we were strolling nearby.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. This got 4* just because of beach, otherwise a 5* place. We can definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 2404-2406. 4th floor, nice view of sea- away from hotel of course. Rooms in the b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KDMumbai
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear KDMumbai,

We would like to express our sincere thanks for your valuable Pros & Cons comments about our property and your stay.We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will keep our standard and improve our services continuously.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you to have a pleasant stay with us again in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Fantastic, friendly and attentative staff ( looking for an iPad charger at midnight they managed to get hold of one and lend it to me for our stay.) Rooms are splendid : clean , bright and this is really a great place to stay. Super pool area, nice breakfast and the one time we eat in , food was divine. At the rate offered this was excellent value for money. Location was a quiet area just outside cha am but we preffered this for the peace and tranquility...taxi into hu hain took 15-20 mins max. Only regret is we did not have longer to stay. We will be coming back next .

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors with the balcony .. Fantastic views of the sea and mountains on the other si...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sanee s, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Kool_Mocha Manama, Bahrain
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed and satisfied with our facilities, a unique vibrant ceramic furniture, a flavored meal and our charming Thai hospitality.
It’s truly an encouragement to the management and staff to continue our best effort to satisfy every guest’s need
On behalf of the team, thank you again for your wonderful review.
And we do hope to have a chance to welcome you again at the Cera Resort Cha-am
25/5/2013
Calverstown, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Traveled by train from Bangkok to Cha Am. An enjoyable trip lasting about three and a half hours. Taxis were on hand at Cha Am station for the twenty minute trip out to Cera Resort.
First impressions upon arrival at the hotel were very positive. The place is exceptionally well cared for, spotlessly clean and displaying a flair for creative use of bright and cheerful ceramics.
Reception staff were efficient, cheerful and welcoming.
Upstairs, the high standards continued. The room was bright and airy and the creative use of ceramics was also evident in the bathroom with some delightful quirky touches.
The buffet breakfast offered a varied selection of Thai and International fare. Everything looked and tasted delicious.
Just one regret on the final day,- should have booked a longer stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Bob M
sanee s, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Bob M
Thank you very much for your magnificent comments
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your traveling from the start and further to our facilities to the service and the food
It’s truly an encouragement to the management and staff to continue our Thai hospitality and trying to be the best
On behalf of the team, thank you again for your wonderful review.
We do hope to have a chance to welcome you again at the Cera Resort Cha-am

7/5/2013
Littlehampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our first stay was not a disappointment it is a great hotel. The staff are the friendliest you could meet. The rooms are clean and bright. The cooking class is a must do. We will be going back next year can't wait.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ann N
sanee s, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ann N Littlehampton
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed while you were here with the staff friendliness and the facilities.
It’s truly an encouragement to the management and staff to continue our principle of trying to be the best
A warm welcome awaiting you at the Cera Resort Cha-am