Sunvillas Hua Hin Blue Lagoon
Long Beach Cha-am Hotel(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$108
$55
Hotels.com
Cha-Am Methavalai Hotel(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$43
Hotels.com
Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort and Spa(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$79
Haven Resort(Cha-am)
$125
$111
Agoda.com
Regent Chalet Regent Beach Cha-Am(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$54
$45
  • Pool
Tara Mantra Cha Am(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$80
$54
Agoda.com
Bann Pantai Resort(Cha-am)(Great Value!)
$64
$59
$65
$50
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Big room, great price considering it is a 2 bedroom and 150 sqm meter, almost 5 times larger than standard hotel room in hua hin. The kids had alot of fun and could swim in the huge swimming pool as a matter of fact it is the largest swimming pool in thailand at almost 1.5 km. not located too close to the city but only a 5 minute drive away from hua hin, it is very peaceful and i strongly recommend people to go there if they want a quiet peaceful without feeling too much of the hectic lifestyle of the city

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aaronaerni
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Firstly I have to agree with the comments of the previous reviewer. Hence my dilemma in how I should rate this property. The property as a whole is excellent but our particular experience was not great because of the Sunvilla management. They seemed more focused on how i was going to pay the electricity bill when I left than the fact that the apartment they gave me was not what we had requested nor did it suit our needs.

We booked our accommodation through WOTIF and the problems started there with Sunvillas first accepting our booking and then cancelling it as they did not really have the availability. Finally we found some dates and on arrival the bedding configuration was not what we wanted or had booked. Imagine 2 teenage boys sleeping in one double bed for 9 nights. Nightmare!

There were a number of issues with the unit apart from it being the wrong one. The cleaning staff turned off the hot water one day for some inexplicable reason.!

There are a number of units in the complex, some are managed by Sunvillas and some by Blue Lagoon. There is probably price differential between the two but at the time we booked there was nothing available through Blue Lagoon, If you want a trouble free stay and get what you request, its best to try Blue Lagoon first. We heard some glowing reports from other residents who have been coming back for last 4 or 5 years.

Ok - enough about Sunvillas. Lets talk about the 'Blue Lagoon'. The swimming pool is the jewel in the crown - its (they say) 1.2km long, just over waist deep allround. Great for everyone for exercise or a waddle around each morning or afternoon. It would be excellent for younger kids. Great place to relax after a day out in the heat doing the tourist stuff.

The property is on a busy road 6 lane. Reasons to cross it are: discount mall directly across across, some massage places.(250 Bt Thai Massage, 400 Bt Oil Massage), a laundrmat (300 bt for a big bag of dirty clothes), and a 7 eleven store.

There are a few restaurants of which we ate frequently at one, which is on the same side as the Villas. It is about 100m north of the hotel. We ate there as a family of five with beers for around $15-20.

The Blue Lagoon resort sits in front of the Sheraton. We ate in the Sheraton a few times and received a 15% discount card which covered the 10% service charge and 5% tax they add on each bill. I thought the food overall was average to acceptable. There are a few happy hours running in different bars. 3-5pm down at beachfront and 8-10pm in the central bar. Guests of Blue Lagoon villas can use the facilities of Sheraton for a price and during Xmas/New Years period we would have had to pay 1 month fee - around $300 for the five of us. We opted out as we had our own 1.2km pool.

The location of the Villas may seem a bit to remote for some. Its a 15-20 minute taxi/tuk-tuk ride into Hua Hin - cost $10. Our teenage boys would have preferred to be in closer but the swimming pool at the Villas was always worth the distance.

In summary, we had a good time there notwithstanding the problems with our accommodation, Would we stay again? Most likely yes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rokkinrod
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Do not hesitate to book a unit here - but do so directly through Blue Lagoon.

The condo we had was splendid and the vacation was exactly what we were looking for - quiet family time. The Lagoon area and pictures of the units are every bit as good as advertised. The place is not, however, for those looking for excitement right outside the door. It is a taxi ride into Hua Hin which will add up if you want to do that daily.

I think I may have an excellent rating here if I would have known that Blue Lagoon Resort Hua Hin and Sunvillas are two different companies before booking. I'm not exactly sure how this works but the onsite office of Blue Lagoon (while helpful) did inform us that our questions need to go through Sunvillas management - who were considerably less helpful and only available via phone. Sunvillas management was disorganized at best, off-putting to be reasonable, and "greedy" ,as another reviewer commented, at worst. I was aware of the electricity policy but did find the rates a bit ridiculous and while I was able to check-in and pay (full price up front) with a credit card, I was not "allowed" to pay the final bill (electricity) with a credit card.

All in all - I would recommend this place for a great get-away. We will come back if Hua Hin is a future destination.

Room Tip: Villa N73A - is decorated in a very modern fashion. Plus it has a washer/dryer (which I don't believe every unit has.)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven L
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked 3 apartments online via booking.com. After a few days i received an email which was sent to me by mistake. The email contained conversations between the staff of SUNVILLA and BOOKING.COM. They tried to get booking.com to cancel my bookings by trying to change the polices after confirmation. However Booking.com never contacted me to change or cancel any bookings. That is really impressive.

The next day i was contacted by SUNVILLA staff who tried to sell me a story of how there was a mistake in the bookings etc. I listened to her patiently and then told her about the email i received. She then was very embarrassed and admitted that they had sold the rooms for over 50000 baht for 4 nights where as i paid 44,000 each room for the 4 nights (i had booked 3 rooms). She then tried to negotiate for a higher price with me. I told her i was very surprised that she had the nerve to do that. After much talking she said she would call me again for another offer. Later her expat manager emailed me and kept on changing their words. I tried to contact them but no one ever answered the line. In all the whole booking was a harassment. I am a hotelier myself and was very shocked by the way the staff of this supposedly five star property treated their guest.

I eventually cancelled my bookings as i feel the staff is the main back bone of any hotel. If the staff or the management of this property are so greedy before we even checked in then i was sure we would be facing alot of problems during our stay there.

I am sure the property is nice but all i can tell you is the Management and Staff need to learn something about hospitality and customer service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank BKKACE
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We arrive at Hua Hin Blue Lagoon and check in to find out they want to charge us for electricity. Never before have I been charged for electricity at a hotel and argued the point but eventually my wife asked me to accept it as we wanted to continue our vacation. Once checked in, I checked the meter and recorded it. During our 3 day stay, we went sightseeing each day and drinking and dancing each night. We basically used the hotel for sleeping and had a swim in the pool a couple of times. We did not switch the TV on and used airconditioning at night only. We were sure to switch everything off when we left. When we went to check out, we were presented with a bill of 5950 Baht (approx $200 dollars Australian) for electricity. The start figure for the meter was not the same as the number I had when I checked it. The hotel staff all of a sudden became very aggressive telling us we must pay, and that they are calling the police on us. They also asked me to sign to say I accept the figure I disputed was right. Do yourself a favour, stay at a hotel closer to town. It's miles from anywhere anyway.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends