“A luxury holiday home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sunvillas Hua Hin Blue Lagoon
Ranked #29 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Cha-am
Bangkok
“A luxury holiday home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The accommodation is beautifully located, with a lovely clean swimming pool meandering neveredningly around the spacious apartments. The amount of space in the apartments is extensive, making it a very comnfortable, home away from home - we travelled with our two children and they loved it - the furnishings making it homely for all. The service was attentive and prompt and we enjoyed using the excellent Sheraton facilities with good restaurants, kids club, etc. The location is quiet but very convenient. All in all, thoroughly recommendable - we'll be coming back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MartaBangkok

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am an expat who lives and works in the Kingdom of Thailand.
Hua Hin is an easy drive from Bangkok and normally for a short break from the noise and bustle of Bangkok it is enjoyable.
This time I booked with Sunvillas via Agoda, OH, what a MISTAKE !
On arrival I was harassed to view the power meter, I asked who would I want to look at the meter? I was then told the power was an extra…
I said sorry the power is included and the confirmation I received from Agoda did not mention that power was extra.
The manager, Alex then called me to tell me I had to pay and I should read the terms on the internet. She then said if I did not like it I should leave, ok I said give me my money back. Her reply was take it up with Agoda. I have sent Agoda 3 emails and at day 3 of my stay had no reply’s.
So The place. It is far from town and you need a car to leave the compound.
The apartments are big but not well maintained. No room service, no fresh towels, nothing. The pool is in need of repairs, broken tiles are under the water, not so safe for children.
Bad and rude management.
This morning, Easter Sunday I was woken at 6.30 by the staff removing coconuts from the trees outside my room.
My recommendation would be to give this place a big miss ! I will not return even if it was FREE !

Room Tip: Find some other place
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Ian N
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I can't fault the room and it is good value for money in a great setting... But Sunvillas need to get their act together.

We booked the apartment through Agoda and when we arrived to check in there was nobody around from Sunvillas to give us the keys. We rang the office number for Sunvillas in Bangkok many times but nobody answered (on a Friday afternoon)... Eventually we got a security guard to call the maid that takes care of the villas and she turned up after half an hour to let us in.

We stayed 4 nights and had to call the local Sunvillas rep on day 3 to get somebody to come and clean the apartment and give us fresh towels.

There was a number in the welcome pack to text with any problems - I texted asking for the password for the wifi but never got any reply.

Sunvillas offer a discount on future bookings if you give a good review on this Tripadvisor site... I would like to give the property a rating of 5 but sunvillas only deserve a 1.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ianjrawlinson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Rooms are huge. 147 sqm space in total. Good for family. We were 4 adults and 3 children. Pool is never ending it seems. Pay a little and you can use Sheraton hotel pool and facilities. Been here 4 times. Each time for 3 nights to 4nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartments closest to the hotel, its quite a walk to the beach otherwide. N9 and S9 are...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were 2, my husband and I were staying there just for a couple of days and we cannot belive what we have experience.

The room is much bigger than a normal hotel room while the price is exactly the same. We get the kitchen, dining room, big terrace and the living room, can you imagine. We cannot, it is too cheap for this price. The lovely long swimming pool is right infront of the terrace as far as you can see. My husband went all the way round as you can see in the picture. I just prepare the tea on the terrace and watch how he enjoy it. The maid was very helpful in every way with their big smile. They help us to do shopping and buying the food and brought it for us, so we did not have to go out.
The manager recommended us to rent the Star Wood Privilege which we can get 50%discount at the Sheraton Hotel.

We did not use the facilities such as fitness center, and the swimming pool at the Sheraton, Because we had our own long swimming pool from the terrace which have access from the ground floor, but we just went round to take photos and have the meals there. I was fantastic.

We just thought that it is the small heaven here and we would recommend for you to go there and take some more time because our trip was definitely so short.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our children enjoy to come here often when they have school holidays. We get to know this place from a friend and it is absolutely worth every dollar we pay. We can enjoy cooking, having big space for everybody and still be together. What they like the most is the long swimming pool where you can swimming around. The sun in the afternoon on the terrace with the view of the lagoon is so outstanding. The decoration is also impression in our memory. I can tell that they really try to please the guests.

This is no the hotel, so you will not have the reception or the concierge to take care of you. You can go to the Sheraton if you need some information. Sometimes our kids go to use the Play Ground at the Sheraton while we use the sundeck chair there. This is the option that you can pay only 300 Baht per Day. For us, we choose to pay 1500 Baht per week. It is a bargain
It is quiet, and luxurious. Try it, my recommendation.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom lagoon view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Francis D
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is our second stay with our family at Sunvillas. We love the place and will certainly return again. As a family when we travel, we often find it difficult fitting us all into hotel rooms. Sunvillas is the perfect solution to our hassles. The places are enormous and offer plenty of privacy. It is like being at home, yet on holiday.
We did not cook for ourselves as we like to eat out, however, if we had wanted to, all the facilities are provided. The swimming pool is one of the best we have seen in Thailand. Renting a car is a must if you intend to sight see a lot. Already looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family