Lowest prices for your stay
Vio.com
Free cancellation until 02/11/23
Trip.com
StayForLong
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is actually a cluster of different buildings with individual frontdesk depending on the type of room you booked into. Avoid the cheaper rooms whenever you can as the cheaper ones are pretty rundown & you'll most probably hate the experience unless you're on a tight budget.

I've stayed on the G-wing facing the pool for 1 night. The view is good & if you like a bit of noise from the pool or family with young children would be a great choice. Unfortunately, the front of the room is clear glass which means anyone from the pool can see the action in the bedroom unless you pull on the curtains. The toilet was also constructed in such a weird manner with an awkward door & the shower head is placed wayward for unknown reasons.

I proceeded to swap my room to the D-wing (slightly more expensive) which i loved & spent my next 3 nights there. Wireless there was very good with good coverage. Room is clean & the washroom more properly spaced. I even parked my rented bike right outside the room, very convenient. I literally just need to walk out of the room, hop on my bike & drive off (into the sunset & back lol). Tons of things to eat around (local Thai food) & if you are a "Falang" check out AJ Restaurant & Bar (i think) near Soi 3 south which is a distance from this hotel but well worth the value.

My only gripe was there's no phone in the rooms i was in which means if you need anything, you gotta walk over to the frontdesk. Luckily my room was less than 15m away so i don't mind. Most of the staff do not understand much english so have a little patience when asking questions.

Room tip: Corner suites are usually large and sunny. Avoid cheaper/older rooms where possible. Avoid the G-wing if you like your peace & quiet. Try to get a room closer to the frontdesk as i couldn't seem to locate a desk phone (in 2 different rooms)
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
18  Thank Eric_Chen
Reviewed February 5, 2012

You get what you pay for - I stayed in the cheapest room for 400B. For this price I was overjoyed at having AC (albeit noisy, this actually drowned out the nightly fireworks and screams of teenagers careening past on their 4 seater bikes), free fast wifi, an enormous room with (sometimes fuzzy) cable, hot water and a glorious swimming pool that was quiet and often empty.

Staff were exceptional and always smiling. Special mention to Leslie who drove me to the bus station in her own car and then bought me fruit and juice for the trip!

Beds were rock hard just like the majority of places in Asia but after a week I was completely used to it.

Date of stay: January 2012
3  Thank JanaCarlson
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed here twice, the first visit was entirely fine, prompting our 2nd stay. I hadn't reckoned on Songkran bringing hoards of playful kids to the hotel and more importantly to the little swimming pool which was directly outside our room. What caused us to move early was a combination of excited shrieks from the pool (happy but mostly unsupervised kids) 7am until late, prices hiked from 900 to 1,500bht for Songkran and that the bed was truly awful. Not only was the bed saggy in the middle and lumpy but the sheets were far too small for a double bed. Whilst being wrapped up in the sheets like an Egyptian Mummy every morning caused my partner some amusement it rather began to irritate me. The a/c works fine and the cramped bathroom / toilet combo is functional. Breakfast (a local version) is included but frankly was irrelevant because Dee Lek restaurant is close by, where a 'proper' breakfast is available (at a reasonable price). The location of the hotel is great, just 50m from the magnificent beach. Free wifi is available. Reception staff are charming and helpful and offered us a choice of rooms. It is a pleasant hotel complex but rather tired in parts, needs some investment in maintenance and repair and certainly at least one bed needs replacing.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms adjoining the pool at Songkran unless you have your own kids, or enjoy the sounds of somebody else's kids having fun. Check out the bed and that the sheets reach both sides.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rightfirsttime
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed in one of the Villa Beach rooms for one night and then downgraded to one of the Villa Sun rooms - big mistake! Our first room was nice enough, good toilet & shower with all amenities, modern ac, fridge and balcony overlooking the grounds, the carpets were a little worn but the bed comfy. Since we arrived in Cha-am on a Saturday we were charged the inflated weekend price of 1200B, next day we moved nextdoor and opted for the 400B room which had a very noisy (although still efficient) ac and a fuzzy tv. We had only cold water in the shower which we didn't realise until we went to wash, normally a cold shower is a relief in Asia, however it'd been raining during the day so a bit of warm water would have been nice! The worse thing about this room however was the beds, it felt like we were sleeping on a wooden floor. They were definately matresses but they were so hard I won't be surprised if I have bruises on my hips! The room was tired in general and poor value considering what you can get elsewhere for that price. You can use the main pool no matter what part of the complex you stay in, it was clean enough with plenty of beds, however there were alot of small stones on the bottom which weren't very pleasant to stand on. Staff were pleasant, with enough English to communicate and the free tuk tuk to the train station was a bonus. Having just arrived in Hua Hin (30mins train journey from Cha-am) I'd poss recommend skipping Cha-am altogether and coming straight here.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel has a lot of options; from very cheap old rooms to newer, more expensive rooms. I decided to go for the cheapest room and regretted that a bit because the newer rooms were only 200 bath more expensive. The room was old, had a very noisy AC, some blood stains on the wall and dusty lights and closet.... Not the best experience but hotel is right at the beach and even if you stay in the old rooms you can use the pool in the newer part next door. The hotel is in a poor shape and really needs some refurbishment other than that it was quite ok. They offer free tuktuk service and although the staff hardly speaks English they were quite friendly.

Date of stay: August 2011