“Best value hotel I have stayed at for years”
Review of The One Hotel

The One Hotel
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Surat Thani
Reviewed August 2, 2012

If I could present an award for the best value hotel in the world, this would definitely come in the top five. I stayed two nights (both public holidays), and the room rate was 1,050 Baht including a sumptuous buffet breakfast and VAT. Laundry just THB20 for a tee, 25 for shorts. A spotlessly clean room that in terms of decor would rival many a "boutique" hotel in Europe. Bed area, sitting area, desk/dressing table, lavatory and separate, simple wet bathroom.

Staff are friendly, and given a little patience, can communicate in English. Translations of menus and other info are better than in many Thai tourist resorts.

Location is pretty convenient if you have transport (the way Surat sprawls, I can't imagine anywhere is very convenient if you don't ).

The immaculate white restaurant serves excellent Thai food at very reasonable prices.

I can't praise this place highly enough. I'm sure it is probably the best hotel in the city - certainly the best value for money if you happen to be in Surat!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank venividivice

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Their reservation system is arbitrary. We have called in and made bookings, and they will randomly give away your room, or call back and tell you the standard room you booked one or two weeks ago, is not available as of your arrival date today. But, we have a deluxe room for 400 baht more. How about that? Is that what they call service? Or is that a reaming of a guest? Not what you expect of a respectable establishment, but my sense of it is that the owner does not give a damn, or he would not allow mickey mouse tactics like this to take place. Really turned me off, and that is after I stayed there perhaps 10 times. Talk about burning bridges. Good job, folks. Will you ever see me again? Probably not. Great job of diminishing future prospects, for the sake of selling a room this morning. Do you see the forest beyond the trees? Obviously not. Otherwise, it is a decent hotel for the money, but a little bit of a walk from the town center.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Come on, its Surat Thani, I only stayed one night because of my flight arrangement. Glad I chose this hotel - large rooms, separate bathroom and toilet and strong AC. Staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast was quite a feast for the price you paid. You can sense that the management is trying to present the hotel in the best possible way. For the price I paid, exceeded my expectations and I had a good sleep. Will recommend to those who are going to Surat Thani for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 716
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank kleeym
Reviewed March 28, 2012

It's a very nice hotel with fasionable design. New and clean. Definitely value for money. I'd like to thank all their staff who help us to solve our airport transfer problem yesterday. All of them are friendly and esp the hotel owner. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank k2h
Reviewed February 9, 2012

As most do we stayed here on a one nighter on our way to the islands, the hotel is well situated, easy to find, clean and the beds are good, but on the down side, the staff speak no english and the Karaoke bar next door is very loud im sure the noise clould be heard for miles , it certainly felt like they were in our bathroom, which leads me to the next gripe.
While the hotel itself is new the bathrooms are strangely old fashioned, they have the shower just there on the wall to flood the whole bathroom, whilst outside the door in the bedroom ( which seems quite common in Thailand for some reason) the sink is set down an invisible step, many times I forgot and almost twisted my ankle, it seems strange that they dont wall off this area and make a bathroom closed in with sink, toilet and a shower cubicle all together. As for the so called breakfast DONT BOTHER!!, flies mosquitos and ants, need I say more.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front high up
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travelpolice911
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Good value for money. The staff was very helpful they arranged us a boat trip to our destination in Koh Samui. We just stayed for 1 night but we were satisfied with our choice. The breakfast was nice. The location is good and quiet. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mirdzug
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Like others we picked this hotel for a one-night stopover before taking the train. The room was spacious and very clean. But one needs to remember to bend over to access the bathroom! Unfortunately, we had to put up with a noisy party on the top floor and a karaoke bar in the courtyard of the hotel. The hotel restaurant is inexpensive and provides a reasonable variety. But the breakfast buffet was a bit simple.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple