Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kitsune02

I gave 4 points for this hotel

Review of Tapee Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 8, 2012
We booked the room by phone two days before arrival date. We stay at this hotel before going to Koh Phangan next day. Not welcoming atmosphere, is the first thing we touched from hotel staff. Advance booking is not important for this season, I think. Because of the check-in process they just need my name and phone number (never ask for Passport). I told them that my friend will come to stay with me in the evening but no one listens to me. I get the room 323, near elavator.
In the bathroom is a bit dirty on the floor and sink. Some faucet is leaking.
Date of stay: August 2012
Room Tip: If you are looking for the hotel near the bus to Koh Phangan or Samui, I recommended. Go to Koh...
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Experience Surat thani’s attractions while you are staying at CBD Surat Thani Famous shopping malls are within walking distance from the hotel. Besides, the tourist attractions and cultural sites await you to explore while you’re here. Among the top places include the San jao night market street, Surat Thani Shrine, Surat Thani City Pillar Market, Surat Thani Antiques Market and Surat Thani Walking Street and many more.
Go to your Happy Price
  • Trip.com
    $87
57.2 miles from Tapee Hotel
View more hotels in Surat Thani
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Well, where do i start. we booked this room purely as s crash pad between the return ferry from koh phangnan and the departing train to Malaysia. whilst the cleanliness of the room was acceptable the decore left a lot to be desired - the rooms are basic with stark white lighting. the reception staff were also very helpful seeming to begrudge us interrupting their dinner. when we asked how to get to the train station an offer of a taxi booking for midnight and a wakeup call were offered - this never came to fruition so we had to flag down a tuktuk (not many around at that time of night). In all id have to say there must be better places to stay in this rundown little town.

Date of stay: July 2012
6  Thank Debstar2000
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We came from Koh Phangan and needed to stay until the next day to take a bus.
The place is clean and it's a basic hotel but better than a guesthouse or a backpackers place.

Not expensive, with ac and free wifi. Close to the city center.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank ialvarez26
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have just spent one night at Tapee on our way to Koh Tao. The hotel is ideally located for the pier with the boats to the islands.

We paid 550B (£11) for a double room with good A/C. The bed was clean and the shower was warm. We were also given access to free wifi in the lobby which worked well. We had a fridge/freezer in the room too. The 'bell boys' were friendly and helpful and the reception staff were friendly too.

Although the bed was clean, there were nail clippings in the bathroom. There was also a dinner plate with left over food on it left outside the room opposite from 4pm when we checked in until 8am when we checked out, even though the staff had walked past twice to show us to our room. I think it's this attention to detail which prevents this hotel from a better rating.

We would not recommend eating in the hotel 'restaurant' as half way through my meal I found two small maggots in my rice. I did not get ill from this but it was still very off-putting!

Long and short of it - if you have to stay in Suratthani (which I would avoid if at all possible) then this is a fine place just to spend a night - but with the complete lack of anywhere to eat I would go to 7/11 and stock up on dried food!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JSurrey86
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent one night here (550 baht) so we could catch the train the next morning. Surat Thani itself doesn't have much to offer tourists and I think most people only stay one night or two max. Rooms are clean and spacious, only gripe is that wifi is only in the lobby, but at least it was working there with good signal. Staff were helpful at check in. Night market is worth strolling through and is about 5 mins away. Orange bus is only 20 baht to/from train station and they run frequently, but not quite so frequently in the weekends. It took us about an hour on a Saturday morning but we did just miss a bus.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Since we were traveling in a group of motorcycles we needed a big hotel. This place has enough rooms for all of us. I rate it as average. The lobby is spacious, however it lacks the charm. Felt very chinese here.
There rooms were big too. But then again it has no vibes at all. Its just good for a night as a stop-over. However if you need a budget room situated within the city, then this is the place. Its a walking distance to the night market, town centre and the pier to Koh samui/Phangan.

Date of stay: August 2011