Diamond Plaza
$58
$40
  • Breakfast included
Paragon Hometel(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
$19
$18
My Place @Surat Hotel(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
$16
$8
Khaosok Island Resort(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
$19
$11
  • Restaurant
$23
  • Pool
S Tara Grand Hotel(Surat Thani)
$26
$23
Agoda.com
Bun Hotel Surat(Surat Thani)
$26
$22
Agoda.com
Rajthani Hotel(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
$18
$17
Agoda.com
AC 2 Resort(Surat Thani)(Great Value!)
$61
$54
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night on our way to koh samui. We stayed in their higher end suite room which was around 77 usd. The room itself was ok but the back board of the bed had some disgusting stains on it and looked like it was never cleaned. In the morning there was no hot water. The restaurant was decent. Upon checking out we called to ask for a bell boy to take our bags down and no one showed up. Overall this hotel isn't great although I'm not sure where else I would stay if I had to travel through this city again. It seemed expensive for what we got and compared to the value u get at other places in Thailand it didn't seem like a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Marsbarrr
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I write this review from the hotel. Not happy to be here, but booked and did not really check it out.

I have been travelling in Thailand for a couple of weeks and have been staying in all sub $40 accomodation. This is the first time I have felt like I was in some third world s-hole.

There is a notice telling you what the inventory of the room is and warning you that you will have to pay if they are missing at the end of your stay. I have not seen this in Bali, Singapore or Thailand. Nor did I see it in in Africa, Mexico or any first world hotel. I have stayed in cheap hotels and very expensive ones. Same notice with the mini bar. There are already items missing.

The sleezy door man would not go away and kept trying to insinuate himself to me. I am well and truly sick of him. Tomorrow he is going to try to fleece me for the taxi to the airport.

There is one roll of toilet paper. No tissues. I ordered 4 items from room service. Two of the four delivered are items not ordered. No napkins at all with four items.

Toilet already clogged even though I only did a number 1.

No room safe. No lock on door. No "do not disturb" sign. Nothing telling you about the pool, etc.

They charge you to use the pool and the gym!!!!! No towels for pool. Filthy wall mirror. Filth on the white bathroom fixtures.

Most of the staff can not speak english and are derisive when they need to call someone over. The person that was called over tonight was quite put out by the fact they needed to translate.

This is a poor location. Near nothing of interest. With the lack of amenities, like tissues and the warning signs, I feel like I am in prison. Can hardly wait until tomorrow.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank michelle c
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Usually I try to find the positive in all places that I visit and hotels that I stay in. Unfortunately with this one I cannot find a positive. The service was poor, the food was average, the rooms were ok but could not shut of the air conditioning, the internet was horrible, the price was too much, the overall atmosphere was cold, etc, etc, etc. A repeat guest - definitely not.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana-Rae M
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel looks elegant from the outside but the frontliners at reception counter serve guests with no greeting, no smile or even angry face. Worst Wifi Internet ever and still need to pay THB 100. Toilet clogged sometimes and water overflown, I have to cleanup myself owing to it happened at late night, and the worst is there is no drainage at toilet area, all I could do was use the floor mat as absorbent to dry it out, it was horrible experience ever! However some credits go to the bellboys and roomservices staffs, they are friendly and attentive. But I would never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank CHSH72
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Perfect stop over hotel in Surat Thani. Friendly staff and spacious rooms. Live music in the night and nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple