“Old Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Intown Holiday Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chonburi
Intown Holiday Hotel
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Chonburi
Perth, Australia
“Old Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Location is good a short walk from the beach and Central Festival shopping plaza.

A bit old and tied, A/C noicey but for the price you pay, that's that you get.

Reception staff are great, had no problems with housekeeping.

Bars and places to eat are very close by.

Many new hotels in the soi

Room Tip: Front rooms on high floors seem to bigger and quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peterkau

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cardiff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

stayed in town many times, no problems. then got hit by a theaving cleaner...cleaner started 3 days before i arrived. i left money in my suitcase should of put it in safe. my money whent missing on the 5 day i stayed there. guess what cleanerleft stating her baby was bad, back in few days.. guess what she neaver came back to work. had her i.d and her photo. hotel management could not care .how can they let a cleaner after 3 days clean room on her own. this lady came down from the hole she lives to steal ......i hope she rots in hell...informed police. no help whats so every, could of got more help of the boy scouts.croupt. croupt people be carefull dont leave any valubles in room,so when they clean your room they are looking trough stuff. mr davies wales 25 april 2012 theaving cllean

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
15 Thank Charles D

Travelers are raving about these Chonburi hotels

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

A few weeks ago I stayed at this hotel, as it was maybe my 20th time. As you can read in other reviews, indeed the hotel rooms are not looked after very well! BUT, in low season, when its not fully booked you can still have a good room with functional airconditioner and hot water. But yes, actually all the rooms should be the same!
This time that I stayed, my matress was at its end, could not sleep because of the springs coming thru... But the next day i got a brand new matress! All the rooms from floor 7 did!
So, very slowly but it seems that they understand that they have to invest!
Tve swimmingpool on the roof, floor 10 is great! Nice space, unfortunately not to many chairs! By the way... The attendent lady is pregnant... bring her some fruits, she will certainly appreciate it!
The other staff, never had any problems, always nice and smily... for REAL! and finally hotel is well situated!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Sammypla
Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel many times and the addition of the swimming pool seemingly compensates for the somewhat ageing decor. All is not well however. The incident reported regarding the staff's attitude to the theft of personal belongings does not surprise me at all. During a visit of 4 days I paid for an extra night but was not given a receipt, and in my hurry, forget to insist on one. When I checked out I was then billed for 5 nights. The reception boy (ladyboy) who took the 600 baht was there and we all had a long and heated discussion during which she/he kept saying that I had no receipt to show I had paid(!) and asking 'what can I do?' Forced to pay, I later wrote to the manager. The manager could not even be bothered to reply. I have actually never seen a 'manager' come to the desk over the years and when I have witnessed other problems the customer is always told that they are not here.
If all goes well you can have a pleasant stay, but if not, don't count on any help from them and certainly don't trust them with anything valuable. And most importantly, KEEP EVERY RECEIPT or you'll find that that money won't have gone into the till!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank stephane_grant
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

This large hotel is tremendous value at just 600 baht a night.

The rooms are large, with a big king-size bed, TV, air-con, shower & bath, mini-bar. When some basic rooms above bars are 500 baht, and without the security of a large hotel with safe deposit boxes, or a swimming pool, it is terrific value at just 600 baht.

The swimming pool is not deep, but enough for a good swim and cool down. Drinks & food can be ordered from the staff there.

The front of house team are very friendly and very discrete, and the cleaning staff are great. I always tip them 20 baht each morning.

This is a great hotel, and excellent value. Throughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Funkhauser
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Old but good hotel. 5 mins to the big department store and to the beach. Every thing is close by.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peterkauf
Leiden, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times, but my last visit was very, very dissapointing.
As I went for a short side trip to Bangkok, I checked out for a few days, and asked the hotel if I could store my suitcase for a few days in their luggage storage until my return.
No problem, I was given a receipt, and I sealed my suitcase with a small padlock.

However, I had been so stupid to leave some valuables (cash money, transport card, etc..) in my suitcase as I considered it safer to leave it there, than to carry it on me all the time. Bad choice. After reclaiming my luggage I found that someone had unlocked my padlock, and that valuables were removed from the suitcase.

As the suitcase was stored in the hotels luggage storage, the hotel staff must have been involved here. However, all they did was deny their formal responsability.

Off course it ws my own stupid fault to leave valuables in my luggage, and the hotel could indeed not be held responsible for any valuables left in the luggage.
On the other hand, the hotel staff attitude did not speak in their favour. Not one word of help, or even a suggestion that they would at least try to find out what happened.
If you can't trust the staff with luggage that you store, would you be able to trust them if you leave your valuables in the hotels safety box?

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and will never stay there again myself.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo