“Excellent value for money in a good location”

Opey de Place Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Chonburi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent value for money in a good location”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The rooms are definitely in need of decorating but you get what you pay for in my opinion and at less than a thousand baht a night for the basic rooms I think this hotel is great value. It's located in a convenient place in Pattaya, close to all the main areas including the up and coming Soi Metro which is getting busier every year. The swimming pool is a good one and the staff are very friendly. If you're looking for a cheap hotel in Pattaya then consider staying here as I have had no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Samuel_J_Russell

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 7 nights recommend by a friend who has stayed there previously. The hotel was in a great looking walking distance of the beach,bars,local and western restaurants. The rooms were very spacious with cable tv,air con, fridge and safe. We stayed in a standard double didn't give much of a view but only went out on the balcony to dry of clothes. As we stayed for a week they lowered the price of 850bhat to 800 which is a bonus. The hotel offers a swimming pool with relaxing beds,they even offered towels. The staff were very kind and polite and always somewhere on reception and security. It was a safe environment to stay in and trustworthy as one night I left the keys in the moped we had hired and security retrieved them for us until we realised. If I was to return to pattaya I would stay again as I felt the hotel overall was what we were looking for and defiantly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank HPT4
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here three times in the last two years and will make another reservation soon.
I'm a single older male and I like Pattaya nightlife. I also like reliable and comfortable accommodations. I need quiet environment and so far I haven' t been disappointed here. I especially like the Soi Buakhao area which can be noisy but not at this hotel. Step outside and you're steps away from countless bars and eating joints. I could add "convenient" to the review title. Baht buses on Soi Buakhao are 1/2 block from the hotel. There's a 100B buffet breakfast at another hotel about one block from the hotel. Several doors up from the hotel, there's a fine little Italian restaurant where I always pig-out on pizza and wine. The Italian guy speaks minimal English so I just point to the menu like I have to do in some Thai cafes. I could go on but, in short, I've found my home when I'm in Pattaya. Book early during peak season if you want a poolside room.
Standard room was more than adequate but I prefer poolside.

Room Tip: Reception will require B1,000 deposit upon check-in, plus the room rent. Take your own padlock for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob M
Lancashire
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed for two weeks in March 2012. Very friendly and efficient reception staff.
Plain large rooms, but everything works. Aircon, electric showers, tv. My room had a balcony which was useful for drying clothes. Good large bed.
Despite being in a nightlife area I was not bothered by noise from nearby bars. This is a big plus in Pattaya.
No safe in the room, but safe boxes available next to reception.
Small but pleasant pool.

Room Tip: Suites on the top floor incorporate a kitchen with microwave etc. Some may find this worth the extra...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend for 4 weeks from Jan 27 - Feb 26 this year. Talking with people who had stayed here previously they commented on the raise in prices quite substantially from previous year, though in fairness it was the best priced deal I could find at less the 4 weeks notice for similar type accommodation. I stayed in a deluxe room, which basically was a bigger room than a standard room, facilities were basically the same. The hotel itself is located fairly central to shops, restaurants, nightlife in the LK Metro area of Pattaya. If I had one gripe about the hotel it was that I specifically asked for a room with good wifi access and this did not happen until 3 days before I was due to leave, when they added a new wifi access point on the fifth floor where I was located (having complained about lack of signal several times previously). The staff were friendly, the maids were great, many times waiting for us to get our lazy butts out of bed after 2pm in the afternoon to clean the rooms and change towels etc. There is a nice food/drink area in reception by the pool with good food/drink at very reasonable prices. The pool area is a nice haven to chill out during the day. All in all this is a half decent place to stay, not luxury or budget style, but functional. Given the right circumstances I would stay there again. Opposite the hotel are a raft of different restaurants with good food at very reasonable prices most with good free wifi access. The Devonshire is like a cafe from the UK with same day UK papers available to read for free whilst your having your breakfast/brunch/lunch etc... Second road is about a 7 minute walk from the hotel giving access directly to Mikes Shopping Mall with Beach road on the other side of the Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eastendanto
Castlewellan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for nearly 4 weeks last year i found the staff to be friendly and helpful, this hotel is good value and has a nice swimming pool which is kept clean.would stay here again. would advise anybody to stay in opey de palace its very good value

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 746JINKS
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Is very nice hotel good location but the reception is not very helpful and speak awful some time specially night shift. But everything else is perfect. I'd work at reception my self so i do understand that some time you had a good day some not..!!! but is your job to be nice to everyone that walk in to your hotel you just have to put a big smile on your face and be happy even know you have to force your self to do it but that what you call a job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Namjai D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chonburi
Bangsaen Villa Hotel
#6 of 39 in Chonburi
Chivapuri Residence Bangsaen
Chivapuri Residence Bangsaen
#11 of 54 in Chonburi

Been to Opey de Place Hotel? Share your experiences!