“Thank you Sammy”

Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Khao Lak
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were greeted by a man named Sammy ( I hope that I remember his name correctly) he was just lovely and so friendly. He was the reason that I decided that our family should stay here. We arrived late in the afternoon and opted for just one room. The bed was large but with two adults and two children but it was squishy , I should have booked two connecting rooms. Service was great , breakfast yummy and dinner was lovely . Such a lovely resort , beautiful gardens . Thank you so much

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that your had a lovely holiday with us here. As you mentioned about the man greeted you, his name is Sandy and I will pass your compliment to him for you. Thank you very much for choosing Bhandari on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Gardens were beautiful.
Rooms had character (nice huge beds).
Dangerous pool entrance (although the kids called it fun).
Staff were very friendly.
Happy Hour at bar was fun.
Milkshakes were brilliant!
Other guests seem to be a little put out by children playing as they were on the older side.
Walking distance to quite a few food stalls, reataurants, bars, suoermarkets.
I ignored other reviews saying this but the mossies are seriously feral come sunset.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Hilefc
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holidays and your further comment about pool entrance I have noted to our team to check and improve for better.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Khaolak Bhandari again on your next visit to Khao Lak

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at The Khaolak Bhandari resort at the end of February into the first week of March and I think I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best Hotels we have stayed at in our 30 years of travelling the world. We had room 314, initially disappointed because generally we like first floor rooms, but after just a few hours we realised that the peace and quiet of the corner position looking out over the Relaxation Pavillion and Lily Pond was actually superb!
Our stay just got better and better as the days went by, breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, plenty of everything and a very good selection to suit all tastes, even proper bacon for us British who, despite being abroad, do enjoy our Bacon & Eggs!
Staff at the Hotel were without exception, brilliant, always happy to help, always smiling and with a very good command of English, rooms were cleaned / serviced twice a day and were immaculately clean, veranda's or balconies are spacious and comfortable. Gardens in The Bhandari Resort are immaculately groomed and maintained adding a really enjoyable feeling to walking around the Hotel. The Hotel has an excellent pool with plenty of sunbeds and a Poolside Bar that serves very good food at lunchtime at very reasonable prices.
The Big Tree Restaurant sited at the entrance to the Hotel grounds offers truly excellent food at reasonable prices, perfect if you don't want to walk to the main street, the bar is comfortable and the staff, as everywhere else in this Hotel, are extremely courteous, friendly and helpful.
Venturing out of the Hotel, turning left and then left again will lead to the main street with a huge variety of restaurants, shops and supermarkets, we tried somewhere different most nights, but felt drawn back to a couple in particular, MoJo's (Roast Duck in Orange Sauce - Fabulous!) again service was excellent and although it is not really fair to single out any staff, Kook Kai was our server and was really lovely, she also serves in one of our other favourites Khaolak Seafood, the third favourite, Sala Restaurant, sometimes service can be a bit slow, but the food was excellent. Throughout our stay we only had one poor meal at one of the main street restaurants, sadly I can't remember the name of it to warn others, but it sported plastic chequered table cloths and plastic patio type chairs, that should have been a hint really!
Our other let down was Indigo Restaurant, nicely situated on the beach but with prices starting at around 1500TBH (£30) per person for a main course, there are other hostelries on the beach front like Nangthong Beach Resort where prices are much more sensible. At Indigo be prepared to pay £70 - £80 per couple with drinks.
We took a couple of trips, one to the Phi Phi Islands with our tour operator and one to The Similan Islands with a local tour operator and of the two the local operator was without question the better run and operated, they leave earlier in the morning and tend to miss the huge volume of tour boats at the popular beaches where Thomson leave later, take 90 minutes to get to the Marina in Phuket and consequently arrive at the various Islands at the same time as every other boat resulting in overcrowding and limited space in which to swim because of the number of boats taking up mooring space on a relatively small beach. Having said that, the actual locations are beautiful, with white sand and crystal clear water. Our other criticism of the Thomson run Phi Phi Islands trip was the number of stops and getting on and off the boat, often into water and via a thin rung ladder, quite difficult if you have any health issues.
Our trip the the Similan Islands was a really well run experience, we went with Khao Lak Land Discovery, and would recommend this operator they are really well organised.
We also visited the Orchid & Butterfly Farm, bit of a waste of time really, very few Orchids in bloom and only about 5 or 6 different types of butterfly, perhaps this improves later in the year, I don't really know but wouldn't bother again.
Our holiday in Khaolak was without question one of the best we have ever had, certainly made all the better by our fabulous Hotel, The Bhandari Resort, when we go back to Thailand we will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank bootesey

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor and I am really enjoy reading through this. Also I am really happy to know that you had a great time in bhandari in every way. We are always looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family ka :)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Khaolak Bhandari from the 24th until the 30th of April 2014. I have to say it is such a beautifully maintained hotel. The buildings and rooms were lovely but the hotel gardens were just amazing. Every day the gardening team were out tidying and looking after the grounds and always with a smile and a hello. Our room was a Thai style Chalet which was very nice and with an amazing view of the gardens and the hills beyond. It was quite a view and especially when we had thunder and lightning one night when we could see the whole area light up all whilst sat in the comfort of our room. The staff at the hotel are also wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble, everyone says hello and with a big smile. A credit to the Hotel and themselves. I would certainly recommend the hotel if you are staying in Khao Lak.

Room Tip: The chalet style rooms have fairly noisy a/c whilst the bungalows are a bit quieter. Its not that ex...
3  Thank Dude1962
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you really enjoyed holiday with us here in Bhandari village with our greenery garden because we know this is what our guests are dreaming for holiday :)

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday in Khao Lak and we are looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit ka

Reviewed April 24, 2014

After a long flight from Gatwick we arrived at the Bandari at 07.00, only to be told our room wouldnt be ready until 14.00(NOT happy) but all credit to the hotel, we got into our room about 09.15. We had a very relaxing time here & would return, all the staff were very freindly & polite.
Plenty of sun beds at all times of the day.

2  Thank yidarmyKent
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am really sorry that we cannot provide the room when you checked in early in the morning because our hotel is quite busy at this time however I am happy to hear that you have got the room later very soon and you enjoyed holiday with us until the rest of your stay.

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are really looking forward to welcome you back in Bhandari family again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

we stayed in the bungalow next to the pool, it was the best value for money during all my travels.
the bungalow has almost 2 rooms, a big bathroom with bath and showers sperated. the staff is really nice and smiling all the time, the pool is a bit salty which is great because there is no chlorine in it. the food is tasty and the surrounding area is really taken care very beautifully.
i recommend very highly.

Room Tip: the bungalows are amazing
3  Thank Tal R
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am happy that our staffs' services, our food, and our hotel make you feel luxury. Also you enjoyed you stay with us is always lovely to hear :)

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I spent one night there as a little getaway during the SongKran Festival. The hotel is nice and comfortable and good value for money.

We stay in the Thai Style Chalet which is large in size and the bed is comfortable. a good night sleep.

The Swimming pool is not big but it's a water water pool so it's a nice experience.

The beach is only a short walk away. However, this part of the beach is not the best.

Breakfast selection is not extensive but more than sufficient.

1  Thank mylittlecrab

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope the experience of our salt water pool is nice as well :)

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in our resort