“One of the best hotels I've stayed in.”

Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Khao Lak
Phuket, Thailand
“One of the best hotels I've stayed in.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent 3 nights here with my family and friends recently, having got a great deal on rooms. The first thing that struck me about the hotel was the genuine warmth and friendliness of EVERY member of staff. This was a recurring theme throughout our stay.
One of the things that impressed me about this hotel was that they openly encourage all feedback, both positive and negative in a bid to constantly improve. Many hoteliers in Thailand could learn more than a thing or two from this approach.
The hotel itself is in a good location. It's in Nangthong bay, which is close to the most lively part of the Khao Lak "strip", a 10 minute walk away. At night it's fairly lively with restaurants and bars, as well as cheaper food stalls. It's also just a couple of minutes from the beach, which is miles and miles of very soft sand and warm, clean sea.
The architecture and landscaping of the rooms and buildings are done in a traditional Thai fashion, so no matter where you look, it's beautiful.
The breakfast is good, the pool is good, the staff are great with kids...
Next time we're in Khao Lak, we'll be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Manging Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing stay with us and your review sharing you experiences at our resort through tripadvisor. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Your valuable feedback and comments are always highly appreciated. For your reviews about our staffs we will be inform Management team and I will pass through your comments so they will definitely know the feedback from their sincere service-minded to guest.

I hope in the future we will have a chance to welcome you back again in Bhandari family

Assistant Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed two weeks and thanks to the staff we had a great time. Nice hotel rooms, dining area and scenery. Free internet and an excellent breakfast and tasty food in the restaurant. Again, the staff were brilliant!

Cons: The wooden floors makes alot of noise when you move around and the air-con wasn`t working properly. We traveled with a stroller and the area isn`t stroller friendly, many stairs and ask for a room on the first floor.

We would come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa and your lovely review on tripadvisor for us. All your comments and feedback are highly appreciated in order to driven our standard of service to satisfy guests' need.

We look forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We was there 2 weeks and everything was great! We travelled with our 1.3 years baby-girl, so i can tell, this hotel is also great for kids. In the future, it would be nice if there was also a playground.
Staff was very helpful, always smiling, very kids-friendly people.
We had a chalet room with terrace. The room was big and comfortable. Only bad thing was sometimes cockroaches in the room.
Wifi was ok, breakfast huge and very tasty! Absolutely nice and well kept garden!
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa and your review posted on tripadvisor sharing your experience and pictures of our resort, in between you are very nice photoshooting:) We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday at our resort and we all hope that we can service you again in the future.

Looking forward to welcome you back in Bhandari family again

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This resort is very beautiful and has a great serenity. The houses are large and comfortable. The beach is nice, alhough you have to be carefull with the rocks in it. However the sandy beaches are good. Breakfast is good with nice bread, continental breakfast as well as Thai food.
The people who work there are very kind and the recepionist good communicate in english. Everything is very clean.

The only minor point is that the interet connection can be very slow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa and you lovely reviews on tripadvisor for us. On behalf of our staff are pleasure to service you during your stay and we are happy to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

We look forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family in the future soon ka
Thank you very much with my personal regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked a Thai Style Bungalow, it was as described in the hotels website. Some are a bit different than the others, appears there is an outdoor bath/shower attached to some but one I stayed in had what appeared to be an unfinished area where it would have been.
1. Check in: Went smoothly, I did not have my voucher printed so was asked to do so in the business center however the printer was out of toner for several days so I forwarded it via email to the reservation address and never heard more about it.
2. Room: quite large and well furnished tastefully. There is a double leaf door at the entrance with a screen door and screens on all windows. The bed is at one end and there is a small couch and armchair at the opposite end along with the TV. Across from the entrance on the opposite side is the door way to the closet area.
3. Closet / Change Room: Here there are two doors that are really in not in a good condition to be opening easily out to the side of the building, one to a private sitting area and the other to that outside shower area that is incomplete (don't try to go out, there is no step to go down. There are no screen doors here either. The closet was a bit awkward: it had sliding doors on both sides of the room divide into the living area. I found it too difficult to put my rolling bag into it because the width of the sliding door was inadequate but a nice feature if you want to grab something you had hung up from either side.
4. Bathroom: Large, very nice tile and good fixtures, Tub, Walk in Shower, Toilet and Sink. The water pressure was good, hot and cold. Only negative issue I had during this stay was to voracity of the very small ants that seemed to be in season during my stay; the love eating the tooth paste in the sink but did not bother me in the rest of the bungalow.
5. Air Conditioning: worked very well for the main room, you have to leave the doors open to the change room and bath is you want them cooled down. Considering this is not an insulated bungalow and the doors and windows are single pain, the A/C has to work hard in warm weather.
6. TV: had an older tube model, it worked okay and the channel selections were good.
7. WiFi: One of the best setups I have seen in a hotel, the signal is strong and repeated throughout the complex.
8. Breakfast: Good, simple selection, they will cook an omelet for you.
9. Pool: it is a nice large pool with a separate area for the kids. There were plenty of chairs surrounding the pool, you can find shade or sun as you want. There were are gravel filled bags on the floor of the pool in the center about 16 square meters. Not sure what this is all about but it didn't bother my time in the pool.
10. Business Center: 3-4 computers with a printer attached. I used one of the computers and it is setup very good but during my stay, the printer lacked toner.
11. Parking: minimal for car, perhaps 6-8 including the street area.
12. The hotel's grounds and ponds are some of the better ones I see in Thailand, they are well groomed and tended to.
13. Staff: Consistently courteous and helpful at all times.

I plan on returning again soon, a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: I would specify whether of not you want to be near to the pool area or away because you lose some pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sailorboy4real
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa. Also i would like to say thank you very much indeed for your details review of our resort. We are highly appreciated to received all your comments and feedback then we know which part we have to improve in the future to satisfy the guests need and you did assist us a lot :)

Bhandari team is always looking forward to welcome you back again soon ka. Thank you very much

Warmest Regards,
Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed for a week in the chalet room with a nice view of the mountain ridge. The whole resort is very quiet and peaceful, within well maintained gardens. The staff was friendly and always helpful, though the trainees spoke very little or no English. The breakfast was good with a wide selection of thai and western dishes. I am told the spa was great (I do not like this kind of stuff, so I did not use it personally). The pool is nice, though I really hate the practice, where people place their towel on the sunbed before going to the breakfast and leave them there for the whole day, though they use the bed for just a couple of hours. We ate at the restaurant several times. The food is a bit more expensive, compared to restaurants you can find on the main street, but it was always good, though quite a lot "westernized". The spiciness was dialed down considerably.

We had a little incident, where during one night, some animal (mouse or squirrel or something) got under our floorboards (not in the room) and made scratching noises. We suffered thru it one night, but when the same thing happened the second night, we called the reception. They moved us to another room in the middle of the night and then we moved again in the morning, because the room we stayed in was reserved for someone. It was annoying, but they handled it politely and gave us vouchers for a dinner and a spa treatment as a compensation.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay in Bhandari and would recommend it. Next time I'd choose the bungalow though. They looked much nicer with better accessibility than the chalet rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MichalOnTheRoad
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Michal,

First of all I would like to say thank you very much for choosing Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa. Your lovely comments and feedback to us are highly appreciated and we will try to do our best to improving our standard of services in the future.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon

Warmest Regards,
Supavee Khorpetch(Praire)
Oskarshamn, Kalmar Län, Sweden
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks. Everything was great. The room was big and the bathroom was excellent! The best of this great hotel is the staff. always helpful and very nice. The most of them speaks good english. My son ( 7 year ) loved the staff and so did I. They played with him a lot from the first day. The surroundings are calm and relaxing, but you get to the main street in just a few minutes walk. I can give this hotel my best recomendation. We will get back there next year!

Hope to see all lovely people in Bhandari Resort and Spa staff soon!
Karin K + Jonathan K

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karin K
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Karin and Jonathan,

Greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa!
Thank you very much for your kindly reviews and feedback to us. On behalf of Khaolak Bhandari staffs,l I would like to say thank you for choosing us. Also our staffs will be very happy to know that you loved with thier friendly service mind and of course I will post your review on hotel board then everyone will see.

We wish you have a great day and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.
Thank you very much with my personal regards,