The Sarojin
$51
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Khao Lak Palm Beach Resort(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$60
$37
  • Pool
The Briza Beach Resort Khaolak(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$48
$39
Agoda.com
Khaolak Oriental Resort(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$39
$28
Agoda.com
Ocean Breeze Resort(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
MANATHAI Khao Lak(Khao Lak)
$64
$54
$332
$278
Agoda.com
Palm Galleria Resort(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$137
$31
$69
$47
$48
$36
1,838 results
All reviewspool residenceall day breakfastficus restaurantour honeymoonsparkling winespa suitepathways spawaterfall dinnercold towelsgarden rooma la carte breakfastsimilan islandsserved all dayseafood bbqbbq on the beachwatermelonplunge pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a sublime week at The Sarojin. I can only add further praise to the recent reviews and at the same time wonder about the negative reviews and how some people are clearly never going to be happy with their lot.

We stayed in room 601- a pool residence. We used the pool and relaxed in our garden which was private, secluded and tranquil. We then spent our other days at the main pool. It is large with a Jacuzzi attached and there were always plenty of sun loungers available. The poolside service is unobtrusive but when you want to order a drink or lunch, they are efficient and quick.

The whole Hotel is set in magnificent grounds with wonderful bird songs to be heard all day. A short stroll from the pool is the beach with the whitest sand and turquois sea I have seen in a long time. It is truly a beautiful beach made even more special by the fact that water sports are banned along the coastline meaning all you can hear is the unbroken sound of the waves washing on the shore. Negative reviews have commented on the proximity of the neighbouring resorts and how this detracted from a 5 star beach experience. This is rubbish and pure snobbery. The beach never felt crowded and you can take a leisurely stroll for miles along the beach without seeing more than a handful of people at any one time.

The food at the various restaurants at the resort is very good. The Thai food at The Edge is excellent. I didn't feel the wine list at The Edge was extensive or anything special and like everywhere else in Thailand the wine was expensive. The breakfast is a la carte which is definitely a treat and much better than the usual buffet/table service experience at other resorts and it is great to be able to wake up whenever you want and know you can still have a beautiful breakfast waiting for you. We ate at Ficus the night of our arrival but once we had eaten at The Edge there was no comparison and went there for the majority of our stay. I have one minor criticism to make about the food. On several occasions at breakfast, and when I ate at Ficus, my food was luke warm. I think, in part, this was due to it being served on cold plates. However, my overall experience was of tasty, fresh food.

Last, but not least, the service at The Sarojin is exceptional. The staff throughout the resort are friendly, courteous and always helpful. Service is unobtrusive and there is absolutely no up selling. Several of the negative reviews have mentioned pushy staff and up selling. I can honestly say that the staff at the The Sarojin make this place what it is: a resort with exceptional service, attention to detail and a peaceful place to stay; all that you want from a vacation. I would especially like to thank the housekeeping staff who did a magnificent job at always ensuring the room was well stocked with fresh towels, water etc and the staff at The Edge who were friendly and showed care and attention regarding my nut allergy.

Thanks very much for a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah526
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you are looking for something truly special, appreciate tranquility, peacefulness and superbly personalised service where nothing is too much trouble, then the Sarojin is the perfect choice. Combining excellent food in a beautiful secluded and natural environment, away from the main tourist strips but with beach front access, a wonderful spa and private boat to access local islands, the Sarojin offers understated quality and surpasses the accolades it receives. The whole staff team are exceptional and we would happily make a return visit!

J & K, UK

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeh236
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have sadly just left from a wonderful weeks stay at this really lovely hotel, which exceeded our expectations. It's a very peaceful and serene place with stunning rooms and gardens. What makes it stand out is the amazing service and attention to detail that I have probably only experienced before whilst staying at very upmarket safari lodges. The staff are so friendly and yet unobtrusive . Little details like constantly replenished iced water whilst on your loungers on the beach or at the pool, unlimited bottled mineral water make such a difference. Also the 2 excursions we did , to the Similan Islands for snorkelling and to visit the "James Bond island" although seemingly expensive were well worth it for the quality of the care taken on these trips with excellent catering and guides . We had one of the garden rooms which was lovely even though it did not have its own jacuzzi , as we enjoyed the stunning pool and lovely beach so much we didn't use the room much in the daytime. All the rooms are very well appointed and very spacious and elegant The beach itself is lovely , and even though other hotels use it it's never crowded and you can walk along it for ages. Tide permitting its fun to walk into the next bay where there are beach bars and restaurants and we always felt safe walking at night. You need a torch to avoid stepping on al the hermit crabs walking on the beach at night! The hotel has some bikes you can borrow whenever you like to go to some local shops or other beaches and we cycled to a nearby waterfall . The food is excellent and beautifully presented. Sometimes there are lobster and seafood barbecues on the beach . breakfast has an amazing choice of hot and cold dishes and can be taken anytime up until 6 pm !!.

Room Tip: Depends if you want a jacuzzi / plunge pool , but we liked our garden residence as they are called .
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm not sure that I can add much more than has already been said, but I will try.
I was expecting good things from The Sarojin and my wife and I were not disappointed. The Sarojin is fantastic.
We had a pool room which was perfect, I don't think we left it for the first 5 days of our stay - just moved from the private garden to the pool to the pagoda and then back to the garden. Absolutely brilliant. The actual room itself was beautiful, the detail was fantastic and there are touches of quality everywhere. You can even choose from about 5 different pillows.

Everyone mentions the breakfast and I have to say it is worth mentioning, it is fantastic probably one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. The other restaurants were also great particularly the edge on the beach. Great Thai food, again some of the best. People have mentioned the cost but it really is about what you are comparing it to, sure you can eat for £6 a couple on the beach, but it is not comparable to the experience or quality of The Sarojin. I thought the food was great value in both restaurants, although we only ate in Ficus once but it was excellent. I have to also mention the wine list, which is very accomplished. You would be happy to see a wine list of this quality in any restaurant in the world - although it was very pricey so I couldn't indulge as much as I would have liked. Although a good selection by the glass.

Khao Lak as a town isn't really all that, it is a strip along a 4 lane highway but if you like Japanese food, get a cab to ENZO an incredible restaurant. Doesn't look much from outside but the sushi is out of this world.

We went on one of the trips and it was brilliant, to James Bond Island. Really worth every penny.Also my wife used the Spa a couple of times and wanted to pass on to Apple and Jo that out was a great experience.

I could go on and on but I will finish up by saying if you want a quality experience in a wonderful location then The Sarojin is for you. We will be going back next week for 14 nights rather than 10, 10 wasn't enough.

Room Tip: If you want to be totally removed, go for a pool room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

What can I say about this place...paradise!! i came here for my honeymoon and the welcome we received was amazing, got treated like royalty.

We had the pool residence, everything was so private, you have your own area with pool and jacuzzi and all in all was a beautiful setting.

We made the most of the relaxing massage treatments and the outdoor pool. Every day is an experience at The Sarojin, where staff sorted us out with Thai cooking classes, great fun!

Had a few really nice restaurants to choose from, the Ficus Restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine, while The Edge serves fresh seafood by the beach, we enjoyed chilled wine at The Cellar. The best part was undoubtedly the romantic candlelight dinner by the waterfalls.

There was a few places to go see and eat around the area to explore other things so overall was a great trip! thanks to the guys at the Sarojin for making it unforgettable!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple