This was our first stop on a 2 week Thailand trip - what a fantastic start! The resort is quiet and secluded with a private beach, perfect for families or people that want to rest. If you are looking for the Phuket party scene, this is not for you. The staff is friendly and very helpful, gave us many suggestions of things to do and see. In the evening you rarely see other guests. We booked a sea view room on the 3rd floor. Clean and modern with a balcony. I'm really glad we didn't book on the ground floor, the view is really spectacular, we also had less mosquitos on the higher floor. The only negative point is the bed, the mattress is really hard.
Breakfast was great with a selection of 4 hot dishes, a bread spread, cereals, fruit and an omelette station. A previous reviewer complained about the birds during breakfast, I can honestly say that this didn't bother us as we knew we were on a tropical beach resort in a open building - just made us feel closer to nature. After traveling the coast we found that this resorts' alcohol is really cheap. Cocktails go for 180 Baht and during happy hour 160 Baht. I never tried the 'western' food, but the Thai food is great!
We did a couple of treatments from the garden spa. Affordable and worth it! We rented a scooter directly from the hotel @ 300 Baht per day. It's about a 10min drive on a very quiet road to the main road. Khao Lak is small and everything you need is on one straight road, 7/11, restaurants, bars and the local market. The Tsunami memorial in Baan Nam Kem is about a 30min drive north on a scooter. Memories Beach bar is must! Walk along the beach, its about 2km north. Khao Lak was my favorite and will definitely return to this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3+ Star resort is located on the long Khuk Khak Beach in Khao Lak, run by the local family from Takuapa. We are 10 mins by shuttle bus to Khao Lak Center. The shuttle bus run every hour in the evening (2 times a day free of charge, other time costs 50 Baht/Person/Way) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Khaolak Orchid Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khaolak Orchid Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- Hotel Khaolak Orchid Beach