La Flora Resort & Spa
$61
$51
$42
$38
MANATHAI Khao Lak(Khao Lak)
$58
$84
$65
Agoda.com
Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$39
$33
Agoda.com
$45
$40
The Sarojin(Khao Lak)
$748
1,125 results
All reviewsstudio roompool access roomview restaurantsunny sideday bedhappy hourbars and restaurantsbeach barour honeymoongarden villamain poolsun loungersinfinity pooljames bond islandchinese new yearplenty of sunbedselephant trekking
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We recently stayed at La Flora from 4th to 25th November. The staff were so friendly and helpful at all times - try and say a few words in Thai and you will have great fun with them. Infinity pool was superb, and beach access excellent. The room was large and cleaned efficiently daily. Breakfast was a very good buffet type. Beach shack restaurants are a couple of hundred yards away along the beach to the left of the resort, and bars, restaurants and small shops 10 minutes walk away in the town (including a 7/11). There is a nearby night market on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. We certainly hope to return to this resort next year. One annoying point was the persistent pestering by tailors on the way into town. At times they were quite obnoxious.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor of the block with ocean view (just !) - the stairs were a bit of a drag for us oldies but it was so very quiet up there. Really peaceful.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having had the anticipated holiday of a life time last year we could not wait to return and having just got back to the uk after 2 fabulous weeks at la flora we are already planning returning next year! What can I say about the hotel that has not been stated by other reviewers - apart from the fantastic setting great food wonderful rooms the thing that makes it so special are the staff - a special mention for jub jee oi jump and not forgetting tiger a great host when we went to James Bond island - an unforgettable trip! Thanks again - see you next year I hope!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 23rd Nov. To 30th. Booked a deluxe room which was very dark and depressing (although nicely finished) due to the recessed balcony and significant trees in front. upgraded After 3 days to a beach bungalow for our final 4 days which solved the problem, at a cost perfectly, it was excellent. This was dealt with very efficiently.
Restaurant staff very attentive, food excellent and reasonable prices, including wine for a Thai Hotel. Only one bar, an open beach front bar, so nowhere to sit dressed for the evening if the weather is poor. Beach bar service ok but less happily delivered and a bit more hit and miss than the main restaurant. For example tried to charge me 160bht for a lunch ordered from the menu priced at 120bht. I was told it had gone up 2 days ago although they hadnt changed the beach bar menu prices, and they produced a copy of the restaurant menu with a higher price on, NOT the menu I had ordered from. Was sorted within 10 minutes but took lots of people and an eventual manager, something I thought was unnecessary.

Real problem came on checkout. The young lady did not charge us for the room upgrade, which i noticed afterwe paid for the drinks and food. On noticing this i raised the fact that I owed another 12,000 bht, some gbp250. This was not easily accepted and although I tried to show the bill she had taken from me it took time. My credit card was then requested for again, which she still had, but mislaid temporarily on the counter behind before being processed. I then noticed that my initial receipt for the drinks she had given me were not mine, but someone else completely, meaning mine, with my initial credit card receipt had been handed to someone else. whilst we were still sat at the desk thinking how we might get a copy credit card receipt the young lady disappeared into a back room. We had had no apology, and no thanks for insisting there was another £250 to pay! and no credit card receipt for the initial bill. If we had been less honest people the check out would have been smooth. A shame as the last impression we have are not a true reflection on the majority of staff who try and succeed to deliver good service. ( even saw drenched staff with umbrellas happily 'rescuing' people sheltering under beach brollies during torrential downpour.)

Currently at Ramada, next door. Everything seams that little bit nicer. We,ve upgraded rooms again, same reason, will see how the checkout goes before the review.

Room Tip: Avoid deluxe rooms unless you are a vampire. Book pool access or beach front.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I still have wonderful memories of my stay at La Flora (way back in October 2008 - I cannot choose the correct date below)!!... I stayed here for a week after a full-on few weeks in New York. It was a beautiful stopover on my way home to Melbourne. Highlights? I had a COMPLIMENTARY 90 minute Thai massage, followed by a relaxing green tea... well, I have honestly never felt so relaxed in my life, and this completely got me hooked on Thai massage! I remember resting my head on the side of the infinity pool and looking out to the ocean, and a local Thai man walked past on the beach and just smiled at me - I must have looked like I was in heaven! I remember eating pad thai in the restaurant and thinking I had never tasted pad thai so good! And my beautiful room... I would go back there at the end of each day and it smelt divine... thanks to the oil burning. It was all sooooooooo relaxing and beautiful! Thank you!! Kathryn xx ps Oh, and compared to New York, it was very reasonably priced!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathryn A
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at La Flora for 5 nights in early November on the recommendation of a friend. We could not have been more pleased with the world class facilities but also the with the wonderful service! We stayed in a Pool Access Room - The room, amenities and cleanliness were of a very high standard. The pools were clean and the room side spa jets were a nice touch. The restaurant served amazing tradtional Thai food and the beachside bar was proficient in making a wide variety of delicious cocktails. We also booked two tours through the resort - one to "James Bond Island" and one elephant trek. The tour guides provided by the resort were very knowledgeable and helpful - one named 'Tiger' especially! He went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. Overall we could not have asked for a better stay and this has been probably our best holiday experience to date.

Room Tip: Pool Access Rooms are great!
3  Thank Daimon M