Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Great Muay Thai classes for a drop-in guest

Reviewed 6 days ago
SunSeaSharks
London, United Kingdom
Great training with great staff and trainers

Reviewed August 22, 2018

from $63.00
from $108.50
from $96.10
More Info
All reviews great training group sessions weight loss heavy bags unlimited data personal training private lesson morning session local hotel rent a scooter speak good english phuket area air con cannot fault diana trainers tuk
Reviewed 6 days ago

I visited Rawai Muay Thai only twice for drop in sessions whilst on a stay in Khao Lak. It seems like most of those there were staying long term and training hard, but I enjoyed the two sessions I attended. I had done some MT before attending, so it was OK for me to try to blend it, but may be a bit daunting if you had not tried before. Possibly give a private session a go first, or just let one of the trainers know and they will give you some guidance. The actual training area was big, and loads of staff to go around and give you the chance to have some pad work one-on-one and teach you some new moves.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed and trained at Rawai for two weeks. I was unfit and my body was far from in shape. That didn’t matter in any way. The trainers were excellent and worked me to the pace that I could manage while pushing me. I had no Muay Thai experience and that didn’t matter either. This was a bucket list item ticked off. And I am so glad that I did.

The room that I had was great. Bed a bit hard but I believe that is a Thai thing.

Some thoughts. Tik’s Restaurant down the road is an excellent place to eat. Get a Thai SIM card for your phone for about 400bht for unlimited data for one month, wifi is good but sim is better.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience I had at Rawai Muay Thai training camp! The accommodation is clean and lovely, I would definitely recommend paying the extra for a private air con room due to the heat and just having that extra bit of privacy (I’m 27 and didn’t fancy sharing a room for 2 weeks) but didn’t hear complaints from others who were sharing. The rooms were cleaned 3 times a week which was fine. The room had a kitchen and fridge so you could do little shops and eat at home on occasion as well as eating out.

The training was absolutely incredible. You can not fault the trainers in any way. You had 1:1 training for 5 rounds in every group session where you worked on technique and really burnt the calories when you were sparring! The technique part of each session was awesome and I learnt so much in just 2 weeks. You can have additional 1:1 sessions between the group sessions too and they were very beneficial if you wanted to slow things down and just focus on getting the technique right. They were so friendly, funny, supportive and so experienced. The atmosphere the trainers created was so welcoming throughout.

There are 2 restaurants up the road (walking distance) which had the most delicious local food. I would recommend Happy Time’s breakfast wrap and Tiks green curry and chicken cashew!

If you want to get about you will need a scooter, or at least make friends with someone who doesn’t mind you jumping on the back! Beaches nearby are beautiful and there are plenty of bars and restaurants in town... although you can’t beat the food nearest to the training camp.

I went on my own and would definitely recommend this to solo travelers. I instantly made friends, people who I am planning to meet again, and you will end up feeling incredible after all the training. I lost 3kg in 2 weeks and I knew people who have been there for months and look like totally different people!

I would recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be booking a return trip for the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

They put a lot more effort into there classes than other gyms I trained at. They had ample trainers. 4 rings. Did on average 4 to 5 rounds of pads with every person in the class. The bags were also good quality. There were nice heavy bags for those like me that like a harder heavy bag and also lighter bags for the beginners. The pad Holding was decent. Just a really good vibe. The trainers all put effort into there work and were always smiling and polite. Would definitely recommend it for the casual practitioner.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

I took time out of my busy schedule and booked into a local hotel and decided to train here twice a day from the 6th of May to the 12th of May. I really enjoyed the group training, the trainers are extremely experienced, the training sessions are very well planned, you tend to learn new and varied techniques in each session. Overall, the office staff are lovely, the trainers are friendly and it was a great experience. Hopefully, I will try and come back again soon as my motivation was to get fit, lose weight and learn Muay Thai. Thank You for a great experience.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

My husband and I visited Rawai Muay Thai from April 1-14 for our honeymoon. Let me just say that first of all this place is AMAZING. I like to be really thorough with my online reviews so I will break it up in parts that mattered the most to me:

Training:
The training here is fantastic! Keep in mind, I was not here to train for a fight but I've been training muay thai for over 7 years and had been a fighter and instructor at home. My husband on the other hand was new to the sport. Either way we were both extremely satisfied with the training. This is a very well-run gym. There is a specific training focus for every day of the week (clinching, low kicks, boxing etc) and every single person gets a minimum of 4 rounds of pads (3 mins each) - most days I got 5. Plus 5 or more rounds in bagwork, technique work, a quick burn out drill and stretching (before and after class). More advanced students will get asked if they want sparring and train with the fighters as well. We purchased 10 private classes on top of the group training and spent all of them with Kru Boon, who is the best and was our absolute favourite! A fantastic trainer with a wealth of knowledge to share. We were incredibly sad to say goodbye to him when we had to go home. I have been to 2 other gyms in Phuket and 1 in Bangkok and I would say this gym by far has the best group of instructors I've seen in terms of how personable and knowledgeable they are as well as how challenging the training they provide is - kudos to Kru Finn (head trainer) for running a well oiled machine!

Accomodations:
We were assigned room #11, a private aircon room in the back of the property. I loved this room so much because unlike the other rooms in other areas of the property, the hammock/balcony is situated at the back of the room and so your backdrop is a beautiful jungle area with a hidden stream. The room itself is very spacious and we had everything we needed. We requested 2 things - extra pillows and a broom so we could sweep the floors ourselves - and Diana (and her team) was able to fullfill our request within 24 hours. There was one day where the water pressure in the shower was very bad but it was also fixed promptly. The bed was on the hard side (normal in Thailand) but was comfortable enough. The TV was larger than most hotels provide and it was a pleasant surprise that it could play movies directly off of our usb hard drive (again, most hotel tv's I've come accross dont have this capability so this is pretty awesome to me). The wifi was a little spotty and I'm not sure if this is because our room was kind of at the edge of the property - this wasn't a huge deal for us since we paid for a tourist SIM card with unlimited data so we just used our phones if we needed the internet but it may pose a problem if you want to use Netflix to stream movies.

The gym is situated at the end of a little street and within that road, there are 3 or 4 restaurants not including the one within the gym property. We had most of our meals at either Tik's Restaurant or Happy Time Restaurant which both had a good selection of food (thai and western). Tik's can get extremely busy as it's a pretty popular place so expect to wait a bit for your food if there's lots of people. Expect to spend 60-150 baht per meal plus maybe 40-50 baht for a fruit shake or a coconut. There is a super awesome fruit cart guy that visits usually at the end of the morning session as well!

Other items to note:
-The beach is about a 10-15 minute scooter ride away - Lots of restaurants and massage spots to choose from if you get tired of the ones by the gym.It is absolutely beautiful and not like the super crazy crowded beaches in the Phuket area.
-The nearest 7-11 is about a 5-7 minute scooter ride away by a gas station.
-Bang Niang market and the Town center is about a 10-15 minute scooter ride away or 300 baht taxi ride.

Additional tips:
-Bring your own gloves and shinguards if you can.
-Definitely rent a scooter as most places will take too long to walk.
-There is 1 little 'convenience store' right by the gym which will have most of your necessities so check them out before venturing elsewhere. There is also another one just off the gym street so be sure to walk around and check out the area.

Stop your search and just got to Rawai Muay Thai! It'll be the best decision you make on your trip to Thailand!

Diana_Campillo, Owner at Rawai Muay Thai, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thanks so much for you detailed review. It will be helpful for others who are planning to come train with us.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Take care,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Often been in Thailand for Muay Thai Training but this place is unique. We came in a group of ten persons from Germany and lived in the camp. There is nothing to say than amazing !! Thank you Diana and Tuk for building up this wonderful place. All trainers did a great job and we will come back for sure.

Diana_Campillo, Owner at Rawai Muay Thai, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thanks for your kind words. Glad your team enjoyed training with us!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

As a complete novice at Muay Thai I was looked after for the first few days, the trainers are friendly and professional. The gym experience is lively and energetic. The camp felt safe and staff are friendly. I had a great experience here and recommend making the trip. The camp is 5km from the beach so you will need to rent a scooter (200 baht / €5 per day) or get a taxi. They train from beginner to fighting levels. You can book private sessions too. Really happy with my stay here and imagine that I will be back to train in the future. Food is good, good prices and there are some other restaurants nearby to switch up, recommend Tik restaurant & Happy Time. Couldn't fault the place atall.

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

It’s clear that Rawai Muay Thai have the best gym in Khao Lak. It’s by far the largest out of why we have seen, with more than 4 rings, but also the most structured.

I went to the Ilovekickboxing gym back in the USA, it was/is an excellent workout, but not focused as much on technique. When I got here, you practically have a 1x1 the entire time. Structure starts with a warm up jump roping for 5-10min, then 8 Laos around the gym jogging as a group. After that an instructor will lead a thorough group stretch to make sure everything is ready. They then assign you based on “new,” or “experienced.” New start off by learning each move while the experienced group breaks up into 2 groups, one group does bags while the other group is 1x1 in the ring while a Thai instructor holds Pads for you for 5 rounds of 3min each. Incredibly hard workout! Then the groups switch, bags goes to padwork and vice versa.

Each day of the week remains consistent with a theme, kicking, mitwork, etc. I really enjoy the excellent structure and the Thai guys make you feel so welcomed and teach you so much. Some know more English than others, if you stay a while I’m sure they would appreciate English lessons traded for Thai language lessons, if you’re into it.

Lastly, the group finishes with some abs but mostly a good stretch. Honestly a lot of people who go here come year after year, a lot of foreigners practicing, and the people are awesome. Highly recommend and awesome rats too.

There is a morning class 7:30-9:30 and a 4:00-6:00 class, some people come twice a day. It’s 300thb a class, but the monthly packages are well worth it!

Diana_Campillo, Owner at Rawai Muay Thai, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Thanks for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed training with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Had a great time at Rawai Muay Thai in the two weeks of training! Speaking for myself, I could moslty improve my Muay Thai techniques, especially while sparring with their young Thai champs. It is a more traditional camp (for example they teach you the Wai Khru) and has a nice family-atmosphere. Tuk and Diana (owners of the gym) were super friendly and helpful, although sparring with Tuk is very exhausting (but beneficial) :D Btw: the beaches in Khao Lak are a very beautiful and nice to hang out during the two training sessions ;) Just consider: the gym is not close to the city center, but in a calm and green area. Note that you need a scooter on the daily basis to get around.

Thank you for your nice review. glad you enjoyed training with us.