WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Khao Lak
Madrid, Spain
“Great hotel with nice staff / Excelent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I spent 7 nights in this resort with my girlfriend and we enjoyed very much our stay and the hotel.
The rooms are well equiped with good air condition and comfortable beds, very clean. All the staff was helpful, kind and very nice to us.
We tried a couple of times the spa of the hotel and it was very good, a bit expensive in comparisson of other places around though.
We had dinner at the restaurant and we liked it very much, the quality and the atmosphere were great, just a bit expensive for the area.
I didnt rate the hotel with 5 stars because we found breakfast quite poor in variety and because the staff dont speak that much english, some a bit more and others just a few words. Other minor aspects to improve, the ilumination of the room very poor, you couldnt read at night and the jacuzzi of the swimming pool didnt work.

A part from this, I would recommend monochrome hotel as it has good value for the price you pay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JVMadrid
Puran G, Front Office Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, November 22, 2014
Dear Our Valued Guest,
First of all management & staff thank you very much for your choosing us for your staying. All of your reviews and feedback will get share to our team and staffs. We are very happy that you have had a wonderful holiday and nice experience in Khaolak. We wish to welcome you back here again.

Puran Gautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went there with my husband, got room upgraded which we didn't expect it at all...staff are all friendly, breakfast was good. Italian restaurant there s very good as well.

Room all very clean and all amenities just beyond my expectation. Nice design and decorations. I like the white-linen bathrobe, soft and comfy

Hotel was closed to the good restaurant within walking distance. Will go back again for sure.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jarunya C

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Everything was perfect, fom the bell boy, the receptionist, very smiley, but not because she had to, it was a genuine smile.

I got a nice upgrade as it was low season with private pool, room was well equipped. I had dinner and breakfast at the Hotel. Italian restaurant was very nice, congratulations to the chef and his team. the service team also was friendly and always giving you a smile when they were passing near my table.

There was nothing i could find that was not or going beyond what they were selling.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank arounfworldtraveller

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I picked up this hotel because it looked stylish and it did stands true to its reputation.
Finding the true entrance at the back of the hotel is a little tricky for taxi coming from outside Khao Lak but it's only a matter of asking. The location is great, close to restaurants and a 5 mins walk to the beach.
The rooms are spacious and with a large balcony. There is a glass partition between bathroom and bedroom. However should you choose not to share everything with your partner, there is a pull down curtain we discovered the second day for your privacy.....
I found the rooms downstairs looking a little dark despite the private pool at the front. For some reasons some rooms on the right side of two of the buildings look directly into the wall of the next building. Not great planning.
The gym on the roof top with view of the coast line could be great if it was better equipped but the hotel is only new I suppose.
I must also mention the nice breakfast in the front restaurant and the wellness centre where I had a very good massage with Mai.
The staff was very helpful and lying by the pool next to the wet bar is a very good location to be in Khao Lak.

Room Tip: Obviously avoid if possible to book ground floor rooms and rooms on the right side of the building...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lucsky

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We chose this hotel as place to rest our head before and after our diving live-aboard trip.

The hotel is about five minutes from the public beach. Next to the hotel are plenty of shops, and restaurants.
The hotel itself is built around the pool. The rooms are clean and stylish, and give away a feel good vibe.

The senior staff is very competent, relaxed and friendly. The hotel is small enough to provide an intimate feel of hospitality, and the front desk staff is very helpful in organizing ground transport, restaurants and the alike.

The bad:
The junior staff sometimes has difficulties communicating. There are not enough pool towels for all guests, and the breakfast lacks attention to detail with concentrate juices, instant coffee, and other processed foods.

Overall this is a nice place for the demanding traveler to lay his/her head for a couple nights and it is good value for money.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor, as most of those have private Jacuzzis
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LuxuryBudgetTravel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for five days and the hotel is really nice, modern and at affordable price! Staff was always nice and helpful! I had a problem with shower and they fix it straight away!
The only thing is that the hotel is not on the beach, but you can rent a scooter and go around! You can bargain the price for 250 baht per day! And also beaches in khao lak are not the greatest I have seen in Thailand!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Larola80
Monochrome_Resort, Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear our valued guest,
We thank you very much for your time to write us the reviews and feedback. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality to be better. We apologized for your inconvenience stay because of our look over at the rainy shower head. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality toservice you better for your next visit. We hope that you had a nice experience with our Monochrome Resort and wonderful days in Khaolak .We wish to welcome you back again.

Be well I Be confident I Be different!!!
Sincerely yours,
NuN
Hotel Manager
Woodland Park, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Not directly on the beach, but a good location near shops and massage places, and within a few dozen meters of three excellent restaurants -- Amici Italian restaurant (attached to the hotel), Enzo's (Japanese fusion) and the Rusty Pelican (great Mexican). As other readers have noted, there are a few quirks to the hotel (shower head on ceiling, no translucent curtains, some unusual breakfast buffet choices and omissions, a few rooms without good views). But the pluses outweigh the minuses -- it's a rather new hotel, spotlessly clean, quiet, with a nice pool, spacious room and balconies, nice towels, room safes, etc. Most important, the staff were extremely nice and helpful. My requests were attended to immediately by the ladies at the front desk, and they did a wonderful job with things like arranging tours for me. I thank their staff for being so professional. (Please keep up the good work.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. A few of the rooms have no views and/or no priv...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jghutton
Dear our valued guest,
We thank you very much for your time to write us the reviews and feedback. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality to be better. We hope that you had a nice experience with our Monochrome Resort and enjoy with the snorkeling trip . We wish to welcome you back again.

Be well I Be confident I Be different!!!
Sincerely yours,