The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani
$38
$37
$140
$77
MANATHAI Khao Lak(Khao Lak)
$61
$43
$45
$29
$64
$47
Agoda.com
Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
$47
$33
All reviewsupper poolamici restaurantromance roombay wingpool access roombubble barpool loversthai cornerlarge changstylish hotelconcrete wallbathroom windowrusty pelicanshort walk to the beachlots of bars and restaurantssmall fridgerooms were spotless
Reviewed May 11, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knew we would enjoy our stay at this delightful modern boutique hotel as the owner and staff all have one thing in common and that's delivering a quality service.
The rooms continue the modern approach with styling that is quite unique and very interesting. As previously stated by others the bedrooms are very comfortable with beds and linen to die in.
The hotel is a short walk to the beach or you can take the hotels buggy if you feel a little too lazy to walk.
The breakfast is not the usual stack it high affair that you receive in most large Asian hotels as it is cooked to order so no rubbery eggs at this place or semi warm serve ups. The coffee was also excellent.
We were told by the owner of Smile restaurant that the Italian restaurant in the hotel is the best Italian food in Khao Lak and as Smile is the highest rated restaurant in town we decided to go on our last night but left to too late.
We visited Smile Restaurant on our first night and the food was stunning so if the owner eats at Monochrome I guess it must be equally as good.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if We return to Khao Lak we will definitely return to Monochrome.
I am unsure of the young Nepalese receptionists name but who ever he is I would make sure that he is thanked for the outstanding quality of service that he provides.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank puffaenquiries
Monochrome_Resort, Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important for us to keep moving on and develop our service to be better and better. I will share your comments to our team. Management and all staff hope to welcome you back to our Monochrome Resort for your next visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I escaped Phuket after busy working days with my girlfriend to Khao lak for one night.
We this time decided to not stay at our preferred resort but to try something different.

I was recommended to stay at Monochrome Resort. It looks great from the website.
It is chic and cool hotel comparing to traditional resorts in Khao Lak area.
I decided to book a lover room (kind of suite room). The rate found on internet is quite high up
to the entry room type of Le Meridien, Khao Lak.

Firstly, the resort location is difficult to find with no road side signage at all.
I drove pass for almost 10 kilometers and to turn around.

Upon arrival and check-in, I found that the hotel design is quite different and chic indeed comparing to others nearby. However, a lover room's configuration does not make sense i.e., there is no power plug for hair dryer in front of the mirror but on the another side of the room, there is no toilet door (no even a glass door) even though it is a lover room but I do not see or am seen all the times and how about preventing unsatisfied smell to the bedroom.

The resort location is not on beach in which you have to walk a long way to the beach or if taking short cut you have to walk pass back of the house of other resorts, not so nice.

The breakfast here I can say that it is the worst I have ever experienced, super limited and
very bad quality and taste. I understand that breakfast items during low season is limited but it does not have to be poor quality.

It wasting my limited holiday time and money. Even though I am very easy going and complaint free person but for this resort I will never go there again definitely.

Room Tip: Better not go for a lover room, its design does not make sense
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pom S
Monochrome_Resort, Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. We apologized that our service, design and concept are not met on your demand and expected. For your suggestions are very important to us to prove and keep develop ourselves in the future. If there was something overlook, we apologized for your inconvenience during you stay here. I will share your feedback to our team to eliminated the flaws of services and hospitality.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Modern, industrial and chic. Room is clean and cosy especially when curtains are drawn. The ceiling air conditioner is a plus feature for the room as its quiet and cools all areas.

Bed is also comfortable and inviting with very soft pillows and thick quilt. A good nite sleep is guaranteed.

Besides the squirting noise from my rainwater shower head when turning on, the overall, amenities, services and facilities are all in high standard.

Food wise, its all along the stretch. A few good places to dine are Amici, Pinnochio etc. but wads the point of eating other cuisine when u get to enjoy authentic thai food? I personally recommend Takeng. Cheap and good. A liitle way down the street and across the road. Get a map and u'll know.

Have fun!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Yappily

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. We love to hear that you enjoy to stay here and love our in-room amenities to make you feel comfortable. I will share your feedback with our team and keep going on with our service and hospitality. We hope to welcome you back to Monochrome Resort soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the Monochrome in February 2013. Room was great - even though we were on the end with just a partial pool view - and the bed really comfy. Breakfast very nice with excellent choice and the location was very handy for bars and restaurants. Very modern design externally with some slightly dodgy finishing so may not appeal to everyone.
Tour lady arranged freat trip to Surin islands for us which was fab.
Would stay their again

Room Tip: End room cheaper and perfectly ok
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie E

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all we are thank you very much that you choose our Monochrome for your staying in Khao Lak. Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. We love to hear that you enjoy to stay here and love our area attraction. Further more would love to recommend you for the other island for the fantastic snorkeling at Tachai Island. I will share your feedback with our team. We hope to welcome you back to Monochrome Resort soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We chose this hotel for our one night stay in Khao Lak based on Tripadvisor comments and we were not disappointed. The staff were really friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived, throughout our stay and right up until they drove us back to the bus stop on the main road.

The room was fantastic, breakfast was great and we especially enjoyed using the roof-top gym and pool (particularly sipping cocktails in in the pool bar!)

Just a shame we only stayed for one night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim B

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all we are thank you very much that you choose our Monochrome for your staying in Khao Lak. Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. Even only one night here we are appreciated to serve you. I will share your feedback with our team. We hope to welcome you back to Monochrome Resort soon & longer stay :).