“Amazing dining experience”

ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese
Ranked #19 of 274 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Only one Japanese restaurant managed by Japanese owner in Khaolak. Please check latest info in our website. Prior Reservation Required.
Lier, Belgium
“Amazing dining experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant with a warm welkom, the owner speaks nice english! At first sight i tought it was going to be a touristic restaurant with a regular meal! But it was a great surprise when the first plates came to our table! Very nice finess to the plates the sashimi was way beyond normal and super fresh, with the wayu i felt some tears in my pants comming up from happines! Simply for me the experience was so nice that we booked a table again, i am the owner of a nice family restaurant in belgium, but i would give this restaurant a michelin notice because of the nice food but also perfect service of the owner, thank you very much! Ps this is not a thai food restaurant but a japanese fusion cooking restaurant for people who understand something of food,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Moscow
“different culinary experience, worth a try”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

First of all, I can't understand people who complain that Enzo is quite expensive. Quite expensive for what? Japanese cuisine was never cheap in any part of the world, and have you been to Japanese restaurants in Bangkok, for example? Yes, the average bill could be around 1200-1500 Baht for 2 persons (if you order from a'la carte), but it never can be compared to beach hut restaurants, because the setting and the quality of food is very different. It's not fancy (there are no fancy restaurants in Khaolak except hotel's properties), but somewhat higher class than most local "thai food" shacks.
Second, I don't really understand complaints that buffet food is served "late" or with delay. Everything about the buffet is explained WITH THESE BIG LETTERS right at the first page of the promotion. Try better reading next time to know what to expect.

For the food itself: I ordered tamagoyaki (omelette) - perfect, chicken crockets (forgot the japanese name of it) - very good, classic miso soup - hard to fault. I also tried the taste of southern Japan cuisine - toriten (chicken tempura). Nice, although I didn't really enjoy the sauce; I guess it's my fault, because my previous experience with japanese food was mostly from "westernized" version of it (as the owner calls it - Japanish). Nevertheless, I did enjoy my meal and the staff was very attentive.

Minor things: a lot of things that we wanted to taste were missing. That said, they were out of avocado salad, there was only ice-cream (of all the desserts) and the fresh juices were limited to few (expected to see watermelon juice there as it's almost in every other restaurant's menu). But still it doesn't spoil the dining experience.

Definitely recommended to try at least once.

London, United Kingdom
“This is a must visit if you are in Khao Lak”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I certainly wasn't expecting this experience when I went to Thailand, some of the best Japanese food that I have had - so Fresh it was almost moving!!

We were staying about 15 minutes away at the Sarojin hotel (which I have to stay has two top class restaurants) but not good enough to stop us eating at Enzo on 3 of our 10 night stay. Enzo is located on a tourist strip of other bars and restaurants and you could miss it. Make sure you don't.

The owner Tochi is absolutely brilliant at guiding you through the menu (as are his great team of local girls) but Tochi is passionate and great at explaining the menu to you. There is a combination of fresh fish from the Andaman Sea and imported fish. Something great knowing your Tuna was swimming not too far from you at 2pm and on your plate at 8pm - wow!!!!!

Great restaurant, lovely people, good value for money, the value is EXCEPTIONAL. You would pay 3 times the price in London. We will be back and I would urge everyone to try Enzo.

Also you have to admire Enzo for offering such an experience at a tourist location in Thailand - for that alone Enzo deserves much success.

“100%!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Enzo took us a while to find as the map we were given by the hotel was a little bit off, but boy was I glad we found it in the end! (FYI I think the restaurant offers pickup service if you book with them, but we were happy to walk around and find it).
Everything worked for me. The food was exquisite. The hot sake, beer and wine were spot on. The service was great and the owner was a true gent. We covered a fair few items off the menu and my highlights from memory were the sushi / sashimi that we started with and the marbled beef that you cook on the Fujian hot-stones brought to your table.
For the standard of the Japanese food we were served, the price seemed reasonable.
I will definitely be going back here if I visit Khaolak again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Leximus
“Must try! ”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to eat something else then Thai food and stopped in front of Enzo. Japanese Buffet??? I'm not used to seeing Japanese buffet so was curious to taste it. For 666 bat it's really a good price. By the way I'm Japanese and I must say for this price everything was well prepared. The grilled Barracuda fish was excellent! The choice is very large and I was able to try all my Japanese favorites. I went for lunch (14:00) and didn't wait at all. The service was very friendly aswell. Mata yoroshiku onegaishimasu:)