“real japanese,reasonable price,friendly services even with non-tourist.”

ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese
Ranked #40 of 318 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Only one Japanese restaurant managed by Japanese owner in Khaolak. Please check latest info in our website. Prior Reservation Required. We offer Sushi Buffet Night on every Wednesday. We will close during 18 April - 18 May 2018.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Enzo provides quite a variety of menu.Their Sashimi and Yakitori are among the best I ever had.The staff are friendly and ready to help you choose the dish.
For japanese cuisine,Enzo is the best among this area(I mean Phangnga and yes Phuket area too!)

ENZOThailand, Owner at ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are very happy to hear that you like our foods & services.
We will never stop to improve our quality until your next visit to Khaolak.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were surprised to find a real japanese restaurant in a town as Khao Lak. However it was a very nice surprise and not in the least by the quality of the food they serve. Really excellent! You can choose from the menu card or choose for the 'buffet' We did this and enjoyed a tasty evening with gorgeous dishes. The owner, a japanese himself, was very kind and a great host and a good eye for the detail. After dinner, he himself brought us back to our hotel! This is what I call the perfect host! A must, when you are in Khao Lak!!

ENZOThailand, Owner at ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guests

Thank you very much for your great review.
It was such an honor to have this comment.

ENZO is still a very small restaurant but we are always trying to improve our service according to our precious guests like you.

I hope you will have good days in Khaolak and hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just what Khao Lak needed,a high end eatery without any frills,Jap owner produces Jap food with some thai selections,carried off with aplom,and the best Wine List in Khao Lack.
The next door wine bar is a great informal place for an early evening treat and the Tapas are such a welcome supprise.Toshi is a mine of knowlwdge it is worth going just to have a chat.

1  Thank george s
ENZOThailand, Owner at ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Mr. George

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to write a great review.

I am very happy to talk with you because of your great experiences in the world.

I hope you will be back in Khaolak soon and see you soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We rue the days that we did not visit ENZO from the first night in Khaolak.
We did not know that such a great Japonaise Restaurant is in Ban-Niang until our last night in Khaolak.

The owner, Tochi, was always taking care of us, and he did everything better than our expectation. His knowledge about foods and wines is superior to us, even we are french.
And he speaks french too.

Only one problem here is too big menu. It took us to choose our items more than 10 minutes.

We will visite Enzo again next year for sure.

ENZOThailand, オーナー at ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

I appreciate your great review.
We are very happy to hear that you like our food & service.

Sometimes I will not be in ENZO, but be in Azzurro Wine Bar.
Please do not hesitate to call me if you have any question for our food & wines.
I am pleased to serve you any time.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Based on my first impressions, Enzo Bistro appeared far too sophisticated to belong in Bang Niang - like a strange mirage when compared to the open hut style establishments that line the streets nearby.
Looks expensive I thought and was a little cautious. But not put off - as I'd seen the great reviews.
So we decided to go in for our evening meal.

The interior is coolly air-conditioned and minimal in the Japanese style, to add to the authenticity -everybody inside goes shoeless, including the staff.

To drink, we chose the "wine buffet" which is not actually a buffet, it just means your glass will be topped up as you drink for 90mins. (Decent red, rose and white available.) Similarly for the food "buffet menu" too. (you may choose selected dishes from the menu, until you've had enough.) But we decided to choose from the A la carte menu instead.

Service was graciuos and attentive, and we ate marinated mackerel which was savoury with a sweet edge - lovely! Succulent tempura prawns, yakisoba noodles, and an absolutely delicious fish in miso, which was every bit as good as the black cod with miso we've eaten at the famous Nobu London, Park Lane. (Yes, really!)

Hats off to the chef, Enzo Bistro is a gem.

Some people may find all the different menus a bit confusing (I think there are 4 or 5) however, you are able to take your time, and won't feel rushed to choose.

I'd love to see a layered/tiered "Bento box" option on the menu. Nobu have this, and it means you are able to sample small amounts of 7 to 8 dishes at once. It's also a great way to show off the talents of the chef.

1  Thank dondenext
ENZOThailand, オーナー at ENZO, Bistro Fusion Japanese, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate your comment.

As you mentioned, Nobu is one of the best Fusion Japanese Restaurants in the world
and it is the highest honor to us that you compared our restaurant with Nobu.

We still can't even come close to Nobu, but we will try our best as much as we can.

I am now planning to have Bento Set for next season.
I hope to see you in the near future.