“Blew it second time”

Sea Sand Beach Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 277 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We loved going to the almost deserted Bang Sak beach just N of this place. We ate here twice on the way back to Beyond Resort, late lunchtime. The first time was good. For 330 baht we had papaya salad, delicious laap (minced pork with herbs & beans) a lemon soda and large Chang. Friendly. The second time was dreadful. 480 baht for so-so seafood fried rice, drinks and a bowl of tom yum my wife described as "tasteless" and "like dishwater". For that we had to wait 45 mins when they were really quiet. We didn't go back.

1  Thank Eric B

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place was probably my favourite in Khao Lak, simple, impeccably clean and delicious food really great value for your Bhatt!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at the very nice, but food wise pretty expensive and quite boring Mai Khao Lak fpr two weeks. Along the beach were a number of local restaurants. Sea Sand restaurant is one of those, situated on the north part of the beach. It is family run, by very nice people, and the food is great. Testament to the good food is that it is often frequented by local Thais, which usually means that even foreigners make a good choice eating at such an establishment. Would I go again? Yes, at least once a day if I am in the area again.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We went twice to this place. Good food and service. Cosy place, a touche of original. At the same time modern and very friedly.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I just stumbled across this beautifully located beach restaurant at the end of the Pakweep Beach road. On a Sunday many Thai families visited this restaurant built of natural material. It is situated right at the sandy beach to one side and a picturesque lagoon to the other side. On the black rocks in front local fisherman are trying their luck with fishing rods, a really paradisical setting. I only had a Woon Sen noodle salad there which was absolutely authentic and a great mango shake which had no sugar added. The staff was very friendly and helped with information about the area, that is the new Pakweep Beach. You can order lobster or king prawns a day in advance to be prepared according to your taste. This seafood restaurant is highly recommended, especially for guests in Beyond Resort Khao Lak or Royal Bangsak Beach Resort, both of which are less than a kilometer away.