“Great local food at very reasonable prices and everything with a smile”

Premrudi Thai Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 276 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We are staying at the adjacent Marriott hotel but have eaten here twice during our stay so far - once for dinner and once for lunch. Both times the restaurant was quiet which is a shame as it's good but I suppose a bit off the beaten track for anyone not saying at the Marriott. They do advertise that they will pick people up fro local hotels though for free so worth bearing in mind if you are considering it. The food is authentic local thai and really tasty. They adjusted the spices to suit our tastes (mild for me but hot for hubby) and were very attentive looking after us really well. We will go here again.

1  Thank Moonski81

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nothing special at all.
We went there by taxi all the way from Khaolak Center (Lar Own Area) and cost 350 Baht/one way because of very good reputation on TA.

But we did mistake.. Most of the reviewers for this restaurants stay in JW Marriott Khaolak and they have no choice other than some restaurants around the hotel as this restaurant.

Let's me get something clear.
If you are staying in JW Marriott, this will be one of the choice for change.
If you are staying other resort, I do not recommend to go there with paying taxi fee (600-700 Baht/RT). There are many good Thai restaurants around your hotels with cheaper budget.

I do not think we have to pay additional transportation fee for average foods...

1  Thank David H
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant, along with other shops in khao lak village, and was very impressed with the food. Good cheap Thai food which is really hard to find when you're staying at the le meridian, which is quite far from the main town centre. I would go again as We often stay at the le meridian when we visit phuket and khao lak. My partner is a vegetarian and he said that the vegetarian food there was lovely (quite difficult to find when you're in Thailand as you can imagine!)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We was here 3 times during our stay at JW Mariott, we were greeted and treated very well.We had lobster,snapper with lime and garlic, chicken with cashewnut, green curry and pineapple fried rice.The food was very fresh and the taste was just perfect and the price was reasonable..

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a decent dinner at Premrudi. It's not excellent food. It's pretty average, but also pretty cheap -- much cheaper than the hotels, and the taxi service is free. The atmosphere is nice, and the service was very good.

The restaurant is in Khao Lak Village, which is adjacent to the JK Marriott. We stayed at the Le Meridien and the Village provided free taxi service (to all of its stores, all of which get the highest reviews on Tripadvisor -- which is a little fishy in my opinion, since I've tried nearly all of them and they were all average). But, the price is right, and the taxi is free. There's a lot to say for that when you're faced with the ridiculous prices at a resort.

I suspect there's better food in Khao Lak, though I can't say I found it (and not for a lack of trying). I wouldn't discourage you from going, but I don't think I'd eat there twice (unless at the Marriott and looking for something close and Thai). It was OK -- which is a complement in a tourist town like Khao Lak. If at the Le Meridien, I'd probably do Rim Lay or MaMa instead.