“Average food, poor service”

Pizzeria La Piccola Maria
Ranked #13 of 278 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant. pasta, Pizza and steak. Dessert home made. Italian ice cream home made.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pizza was just ok, pasta fairly ordinary, garlic bread fantastic, but really hard to get waitstaff attention. Waited 30 mins for our bill after asking twice. I think they were understaffed even though restaurant was less than half full. We watched dinners arriving after us place orders and get food before our order was taken.

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria La Piccola Maria

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Lovely food if you feel like a change
Good variety in the menu, with authentic pizzas and lovely pastas
Great ambience
Good service

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This restaurant serves really good italian salad. However, the pizza I had - a calzone - was not really a pizza. In europe I would have thrown away this pizza: the cheese was a white sauce and the ham was a sticky something. It seemed that other pizzas than calzone were better, however, still very salty and not at all close to Italian standard. A pizza costs around 250-350 bath, so quite expensive.

Sdiggi, Proprietario at Pizzeria La Piccola Maria, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear customer, I respond to his complaints:

1. The pizzas start at a price of 180 baht and 250 baht .... first mistake!
2. before ordering you not read the menu prices? or pleasure surprise to you then get disappointed?
3. CALZONE pizza: Mozzarella and the ham is imported from Italy. Explain why you have not complained to the staff (of which I am proud) to change your food? You are masochists? and eat it despite not being good? or even the atmosphere of Thailand requires you to consume all the food disgusting to the contrary in europe thrown in the trash '.
4. Assuming also that you say is true, why should not complain in a restaurant for a replacement?I ask you kindly to come back and order the same food prepared by us under My supervision ... of course PIZZA-CALZONE FREE!and perhaps we may even become friends .... after my or your excuses

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Family and I could not be happier after our 2nd meal here, clear plates all round! Lovely staff and beautiful food. The steaks & pork chops are huge yet wonderful. Cant fault it & the house wine was also lovely. No doubt we will be back for our last night....! Many thanks again :-)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

we were a group of 6 and had to wait long time to get the food (2 hr). just to order it took 30 min. pizzas and pasta was ok but is is little overprices. so we will not try it again.

I'm really sorry, sometimes captain inconvenience ... although 2 hours of waiting I have seen no ... but thanks for the review and for being our customer ststo! Goodbye.