“Highly recommeded”

Thailand Dive and Sail
More attraction details
Owner description: THAILAND DIVE & SAIL was established in 2007 by a group of diving fanatics with over ten years of experience working in various locations in the Andaman Sea – from the Similans in Thailand, to the Mergui Archipeligo in Burma, to the Andaman Islands. We have created a new, concise and user-friendly site, containing the current information we, as professionals, hope is most useful in planning your visit to this area. We provide divers, sailors, snorkellers and visitors with up-to-date trip news and offers, authentic dive-site maps, precise environmental conditions at a glance and a source of complete, relevant information regarding the Andaman Sea area.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Hong Kong, China
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Highly recommeded”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We emailed Dive & Sail almost 1 month ago to arrange a diving day trip. The stuff - Sam, always replied me with first speed, and provided me with alternatives and suggestions.
At the end, we went to the Similan Island for our day trip, the pick up was on time and then we met up 2 more persons from Khao Lak, then we were transferred to the jetty point, when we all got on the speedboat, the ride was quite bumpy...it was fun though.
Then after 1 hour 20 mins, we arrived on the big boat at Similan.
We had Sarah as our DM for us, clear briefing and taking good care of us. We had a bit of problem with the first dive as the current was kind of strong. But the 2nd dive was much nicer and more relaxing.
We had a lunch in between dives and the food was ok. Then we also had time to relax on the top deck, a surprise came for everyone on the boat while we were relaxing, a turtle swum near the boat....everyone was so exciting and some jumped to the water to swim with him.

Westerlo, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great liveboard experience”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

When we decided to go dive the similans, we searched the internet, lookin' for some good operators to go and dive with. That's how we found "Thailand dive and sail with a smile ;-)" on tripadvisor. Dive with a smile was exactly what we got.

We started emailing and got very fast and good responses. We had a lot of questions 'coz we were about to go on our first liveaboard, but Sam, who we were emailing to, took the time to give us all the answers we needed. She also assisted us on bookin the boat and things like that.

So the good feeling started allready at home with the communication on e-mail. Unfortunaltely, due to circumstances, we had to postpone our holliday and had to re-arrange our trip,... But this was no problem for "Dive and sail" and they helped us out perfectly. Always a smile :-) btw: Sam is female hahaha ;-)

In Thailand, one day before the trip, Rick picked us up to try all the equipment before we get of on the liveboard. The first meeting was again... with a smile and a very warm feeling.

We met Sarah, our diveguide. It was sheer coincidence she was Dutch, what off coz was easy for us Belgian divers :-)..... . So we spend the next 5 days with her on the boat and underwater.

Sarah has a very warm heart and she will do anything to feel you comfortable. When you forget something, she will get it for you, even when she must take of her diving gear again haha. We did no course with her, but I can imagine that she's an instructor with a lot of patience. So if you feel insecure about that... ask for Sarah!

She showed us loads of things underwater during the trip and made our first liveaboard one not to forget. She really is a good dive guide who showed us many times things we would easily have overlooked shouldn't she have pointed it to us. Nudibranches, shrimps, even a seahorse we saw.

So, our honest advise, if you plan on diving the similans, get in touch with dive and sail, they surely will help you out.And if you're lookin' for a good guide, go, go dive with Angelina Jolie, as the other guides on the boat sometimes called her...... ;-)

Thanks Sarah for the guiding and maybe we meet again!

1 Thank zondagskindje
Orinda, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dive Agency”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What I realized when booking a day trip for diving in Khao Lak is that most of the companies are agents that book you on other companies' boats but provide you with the equipment. I emailed with both Ric and Sam at Thailand Dive & Sail in advance of our trip and they did a great job of evaluating the various choices of boat companies and dive sites relative to our experience. Ultimately, we ended up diving at Richelieu Rock on the Blue Dolphin, which is operated by Big Blue. The equipment that Thailand Dive & Sail provided was first rate (and far newer and in better condition than any of the equipment that the other folks on the boat had). The boat and crew were also excellent. The diving groups were small. For us it was one divemaster and three divers. The coral formations and sea life at Richelieu Rock were unforgettable and the service and food on the boat were great. We highly recommend using Thailand Dive & Sail.

London, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Friendly and helpful”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went back to Khao Lak after spending just one day diving in the Similans previously so had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. After looking around and contacting several of the numerous dive sites in the area, I eventually booked with this company because Sam who dealt with my enquiry speaks (is) English, was extremely helpful, and responded promptly and fully to my emails.

I wanted to dive Richeleau Rock one day and Elephand Head Rock another and in fact she arranged this with two other companies, which worked out fine. I was staying about 40 mins from Khao Lak so she arranged transport for me, and it all worked out cheaper than if I had booked it through my hotel, and I think the same price as if I had booked it directly with each company.

I must say that RIcheleau Rock is a spectacular reef that is well worth the journey North, and Elephant Head Rock was also truly memorable. It is over boulders rather than a reef, but there is loads of soft coral and fish of all sizes. Visibility was great and it felt like soaring over mountains and down into gullies - a truly fantastic dive.

Thanks Sam for all your patient assistance - I know I ask a lot of questions!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Brad_Lizzie
Bath
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent service!!!! Prompt response to all email inquiries. Went out of their way to accommodate my limited dates and diving interests. Offered help with hotel / taxi from the airport. When they didn't happen to have a trip planned that fit my schedule, they either made one for me or smoothly booked me on another trip with other companies. When those trips were cancelled, Thailand Dive and Sail made sure I still got rescheduled on a similar trip and refunded any difference in price. All of which required staying in frequent email contact. Can't say enough praise for the service, personal attention and help they provided.

Visited February 2013