“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sawasdee Restaurant

Sawasdee Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 271 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ossett
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just round the corner from the market and a recommendation from our travel rep and we were not disappointed! Great atmosphere, brilliant service and the fish....wow! I can't begin to describe the fusion of flavours that assaulted my taste buds with the steamed black king fish with garlic, chilli and lemon sauce, it was out of this world. Just a note that 'medium' spiciness in Thailand means just 5 chillies, no spicy is 1 chilli...I had medium. Husband had grilled barracuda with lemon butter sauce, which he describes as superb...high praise indeed. We will be returning!

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
“Great Thai food and a fabulous cooking experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat at Sawsadee Restaurant after enjoying a wonderful cooking class with the owner (Aur). The food at the restaurant was super yummy. My husband had crispy duck breast with the Chef's special sauce and I had chicken with cashew nuts and we also had Thai pork fried rice. We asked for the food Thai spicy (which is super hot) and all 3 dishes were perfect! Thank you Aur, for such a wonderful cooking class and also a great eating experience at your restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Sawasdee - welcome to great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

On the Bang Niang Beach Road, this excellent restaurant services delicious traditional Thai cuisine with probaly the widest selection of duck dishes in Khao Lak. The crispy duck served with the chef's special sauce or duck breast with mango sauce or orange and ginger were three of our favourites on our various repeat visits. Extremely friendly and attentive staff help to make dining here a pleasure.

Visited March 2014
Sheffield
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on recommendation of a travel rep. They recommended the black king fish with tamarind sauce so that's what I ordered. The menu said it was steamed but sometime after the order was placed I was told it is served fried. Ok no problem. However, when it arrived, while the sauce was excellent, the fish was dry. My wife had the same type of fish steamed with a soy sauce which was fine and moist so I am at a loss as to why mine suddenly had to be fried. Maybe I was paying the price for a kitchen foul up??

“Sawasdee cookery classes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant owner does cookery classes for a day for up to 4 people. If the food we created is anything like the restaurant, it should be absolutely delicious!

Visited January 2014