I have been thinking alot about this review, its hard to complain when you have only paid $80N, this resort has lots of potential, some things just missed the mark. We have travelled alot in thailand and must admit that this is probably the only resort we have ever checked into where there was no welcome drink or cool towel, this is a small thing but when you have travelled a long way your room is not ready and you have a small boy 3yrs asleep in your lap and in your in 44 degree heat with no fan or aircon a drink would be nice. Instead we were directed to the mini mart! I did ask for an early checkin which we were given but meant that instead of a ground flr room were were given a room on the 3rd flr in a resort with no lifts, so 3 weeks of 3 flights of stairs every day was good exersice! The resort is huge, this is our first time in khoa lak. And we were not one of these people who write glowing reviews because they got an upagrade! Perhaps i need to be less freibdly when i check in. How do you do that!
The positives: lots of facilities, 5 swimming pools, on the beach, excellent gym with big proper treadmills and TV's, pool tables, table tennis, big playroom for bigs kids and little. With playstations and wii games and for the little ones lots of toys and activities (not that i ever left our little on alone). Not far from main street and lots if golf buggies to travel you around if you cant make it walking. Loads of sun lounges and towel. And a couple of restaurants. Free wifi. They have a movie night on a sunday fir the kids with bean bags and free popcorn that was lots of fun. Our room was ok really large which was good but nothing amazing
Cons: it was sooooo hot (can remember thailand being this hot at this time of year before) breakfast room has aircon on at full titlt but all the doors are open so its boiling. The sports bar is the same all the doors are open so the aircon doesnt work and its too hot ( other than the barman not wanting ti change the TV to the aussies channel because he didn't want to miss the soccer). The food in the resort is just average no better or worse than other resorts i have stayed in. I do agree that thailand itself is catering less and less to aussies, and we hardly saw any whilst we were there. The beach is lovely and they do make an effort to pick up rubbish and leaves from the beach, all the sun loungers are contained behind a little wall and the sand is full of cigarette butts and rubbish. Its a bit grosse and didnt entice me to sit here at all. The maid for our room kept leaving our balcony door open and our little boy kept getting eaten by mozzies. Also this green sheet change thing, finally after a week of trying to get our sheets made with ll new sheets (i know the doona cover was nit changed as the same hole kepts showing up every second day) i finally stripped the beds in the morning to get new sheets. spa was nice expensive as usual but the treatments were a little under. I paid 50$ for a facial and got a scrub and some moisturiser!
None of these things spoilt our time they just didnt enhance it. Would i stay here again. Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak is found right on Nang Thong Beach, an extensive stretch of sands framed by the emerald blue waters of the Andaman Sea and renowned for its gorgeous sunsets, and backs against a lush background. This four-star resort occupies a large area of land filled with a myriad of facilities that includes four swimming pools, two of which have a waterslide, a great spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, a squash court, and age-specific kids’ clubs. There also is a children’s playground and a wealth of activities and facilities to keep both adults and younger guests busy and happy. There also are five restaurants and bars. Located steps away from the beach or scattered around the gardens, the 230 rooms, family-friendly residences and villas make for comfortable retreats for couples, families and groups of friends travelling together. All guestrooms offer ample living space (from 51 to 144 square metres) including a balcony or terrace with views of the gardens or ocean vistas, and free Wi-Fi, while the pool villas provide privacy. The resort is a one-hour drive from Phuket International Airport, and is a perfect base to explore the Similan and Surin island groups, discover the neighbouring national parks, and enjoy an adventuresome holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khao Lak Seaview Resort And Spa
- Khao Lak Seaview Hotel Khao Lak