I have been thinking alot about this review, its hard to complain when you have only paid $80N, this resort has lots of potential, some things just missed the mark. We have travelled alot in thailand and must admit that this is probably the only resort we have ever checked into where there was no welcome drink or cool towel, this is a small thing but when you have travelled a long way your room is not ready and you have a small boy 3yrs asleep in your lap and in your in 44 degree heat with no fan or aircon a drink would be nice. Instead we were directed to the mini mart! I did ask for an early checkin which we were given but meant that instead of a ground flr room were were given a room on the 3rd flr in a resort with no lifts, so 3 weeks of 3 flights of stairs every day was good exersice! The resort is huge, this is our first time in khoa lak. And we were not one of these people who write glowing reviews because they got an upagrade! Perhaps i need to be less freibdly when i check in. How do you do that!
The positives: lots of facilities, 5 swimming pools, on the beach, excellent gym with big proper treadmills and TV's, pool tables, table tennis, big playroom for bigs kids and little. With playstations and wii games and for the little ones lots of toys and activities (not that i ever left our little on alone). Not far from main street and lots if golf buggies to travel you around if you cant make it walking. Loads of sun lounges and towel. And a couple of restaurants. Free wifi. They have a movie night on a sunday fir the kids with bean bags and free popcorn that was lots of fun. Our room was ok really large which was good but nothing amazing
Cons: it was sooooo hot (can remember thailand being this hot at this time of year before) breakfast room has aircon on at full titlt but all the doors are open so its boiling. The sports bar is the same all the doors are open so the aircon doesnt work and its too hot ( other than the barman not wanting ti change the TV to the aussies channel because he didn't want to miss the soccer). The food in the resort is just average no better or worse than other resorts i have stayed in. I do agree that thailand itself is catering less and less to aussies, and we hardly saw any whilst we were there. The beach is lovely and they do make an effort to pick up rubbish and leaves from the beach, all the sun loungers are contained behind a little wall and the sand is full of cigarette butts and rubbish. Its a bit grosse and didnt entice me to sit here at all. The maid for our room kept leaving our balcony door open and our little boy kept getting eaten by mozzies. Also this green sheet change thing, finally after a week of trying to get our sheets made with ll new sheets (i know the doona cover was nit changed as the same hole kepts showing up every second day) i finally stripped the beds in the morning to get new sheets. spa was nice expensive as usual but the treatments were a little under. I paid 50$ for a facial and got a scrub and some moisturiser!
None of these things spoilt our time they just didnt enhance it. Would i stay here again. Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak is located on Nang Thong Beach and connected to the main center of Khao Lak. From the hotel it is a 5 minutes walk to restaurants, bars and shops. Centara Seaview Resort features two beautiful pools, one of meters long with a fun slide and one of 55 meters closer to the beach. The hotel offers 9 different room categories including family room that offer availability for a family with two kids (bunk beds or twin beds). Also available are interconnecting rooms. The beach restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, the pool bar from 11 AM to 4 PM and Time Out Bar from 4 PM to later in the night for a relaxing cocktail or snack. For an active game of tennis or squash, contact our sports team, available also as partners. The fitness is on the ground floor as well as the welcoming kids club or the play station room. Also offered are snooker and pool as well as magnetic hockey. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the resort. Cenvaree Spa welcomes those guests looking for heaven on earth, offering a wide range of treatments. Centara is a great hotel for everyone and a good base for doing some of the many exciting excursions offered in the area. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Hotwire so you can book your Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khao Lak Seaview Hotel Khao Lak
- Khao Lak Seaview Resort And Spa