“Dive Master Training ”

Wicked Diving Khao Lak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wicked Diving is a small dive center located in Khao Lak, Thailand. We service the Simlan Islands, Richelieu Rock and the Suring Islands We are focused on ethical operations and safety while delivering top-notch service. As our primary concern is our environment, we operate in small groups with skilled guides that emphasize reducing our impact on the eco-systems we visit. You can join our Similan liveaboards, guided overnight snorkeling tours, thorough training courses as well as daytrips to the Similan and Surin Islands.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

I have just completed my dive master course with Wicked - a course that promised to guide me into the world of professional diving and a course that delivered.

I chose to study in Khao Lak because I had heard that the town is quiet, the people were friendly and the diving was second to none. All these things were spot on and each provided something special about the whole experience.

More importantly the course that is provided is extensive and thorough whilst still being heaps of fun! The course mentor, Alex is unbelievably knowledgable and completely dedicated to guiding and shaping you throughout the course. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has taught us. Also the high ratio of mentors to students really is a separating factor of the course provided by Wicked and I think invaluable.

Overall I couldn't recommend this course more highly - my thanks again to Alex and Keith, also all the other fantastic staff at Wicked Diving!

1  Thank Becs H
Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Wicked Diving Khao Lak, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2016

Dear Becky,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed doing your Dive Master Training with us, and liked vibe of Khao Lak, the people here and last but not least the diving.

We totally agree that part of what makes this course extensive and thorough (besides Alex) is the small mentor to trainee ratio, allowing you to learn form both your mentor and the other DMTs while having fun.

All the bedst to you in the future, we are sure you’ll do great!

WICKED

in 5 reviews
"manta rays"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

What an experience! My fiancé and I did the 5 day/night liveaboard over New Years and couldn't think of a better way to see in another year.
In short....
Food is Awesome! Seriously you are well fed onboard and the quality of food coming out of that tiny kitchen is phenomenal.
Thai boat staff are super friendly and don't mind having a laugh.
The quality of diving is pretty good overall, we did both Similan & Surin Islands, Koh Bon, Richelieu Rock & a few wrecks on the way back to Khao Lak. Highlights were Koh Bon & Richelieu Rock, saw a Manta Ray amongst all the other cool stuff, big & small.
Last but not least the dive instructors! We thought these guys made the trip! All super friendly, experienced, approachable & good to have a laugh with. Cheers to Chris, our instructor/guide for spotting all the hard to find creatures!
Wicked also does stacks of work with the local people of the islands to educate and provide opportunities for them and go the extra mile to reduce their impact on the ocean & dive sites.
Highly recommend this company!

We are so happy to hear that you had a great start to 2016 with us. Welcoming a new year in the middle of an ocean on a boat under the stars is a really great way to do it. And when you also get to dive with Chris, see mantras and eating P’Da and PLe’k delicious food it is a pretty good start to a year.

Hope to se you guys again later this (ore next) year, maybe in Komodo or Raja Ampat.

WICKED

Reviewed January 4, 2016

First I want to say a big thank to Inge, Musical Jessie, Chris, Max, Marie and Hamphus and the captain, captain's wife (especially) and all other staffs on the boat for giving me and my bf a such wonderful experience!

We spent 5 days with Wicked diving for our Christmas and first liveaboard. I reached almost 80 dives on the boat (so happy). All dive instructors a very professional and super nice. I especially love their dive map!!!! They are working very hard to make everyone on the boat feeling comfortable like home. They are such cheerful to make everyone enjoy the trip.

Cant say all dive sites are nice but at least I DID SAW WHALE SHARK :)) and first time got lost in the "fish soup" :P

The food was amazing!! You have to see that magic kitchen :))

There are still many many things would like to share, and they will be one of the best memory.

Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Wicked Diving Khao Lak, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2016

Dear Lili,

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful x-mas, and made som great memories onboard the MV. mariner. But we guess that getting(ore seeing) a whaleshark for x-mas is a pretty memorable pressent.

Hope to se you guys back in the future, maybe in Komodo og Raja Ampat.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

I recently completed a 5 day live aboard trip with Wicked Diving over The 2015 Christmas Holidays, living aboard the SV Mariner - 16 dives in 5 days, great food, enthusiastic and informative dive masters, epic underwater visuals, and when you can combine this with making new friends.....Easy Living!

If you have not dove in The Similan Islands and surrounding area, you should put this on the list!

This was my first live aboard dive trip, and Wicked Diving has set the bar high!

I am presently working on commitments to join Wicked Diving for anther live aboard trip out of their Raja Ampat location later this year.

And, Did I mention the food was fantastic?

Gregory

Dear Gregory,

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed spending x-mas with us onboard the MV Mariner, and liked the amazing food and enthusiastic dive staff, and the underwater world.

We to believe that everyone should put the Simians on their dive-bucketlist, and are happy to hear that you have put Raja Amat on yours, and are looking forward to seeing you later this year.