“Thank you reviewers”
Review of O'Rendez-vous - CLOSED

O'Rendez-vous
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to O'Rendez vous Khao Lak. We open from November to 15th April. We have a lovely restaurant with traditional Thai food, Seafood, European dishes and a bar area with video projector. Relax and romantic atmosphere, you will have a great time having diner with us. Opening hours form 17:00 - 22:00. See you soon in Khao Lak.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Having arrived in Khao Lak just a couple of days ago we decided to venture outside of our resort and see what the restaurants in the area offered. Firstly, as it's ranked #1 on the Trip Advisor list I called 'Smile' and had a most entertaining conversation with the owner - anyway they were fully booked and we've made a reservation for Friday (review to follow).

Stuck for somewhere to go my eye settled on the 'O'Rendez-Vous' reviews and I gave them a call.

Sometime later we were sat in what to all intents and purposes is a road-side cafe; but please let this put no-one off. The reception we got was bright and friendly, The staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was excellent; as a vegetarian I had a Thai vegetarian curry, I was asked how spicy I would like it and went for the max! It was lovely. My wife had a sweet and sour chicken which she also loved. (These days in the UK there is a great danger of waking, in the morning, with a head-ache caused by the E numbers - it is said - in some Chinese foods. Not in this case). We even decided on a bottle of wine; wine in every Thai establishment is very expensive, due to (I am told) high import tariffs, but at 850 Baht (around £18 / €22) it was cheaper than most and turned out to be most palatable.
All in All a very good evening at a total cost of £35 / €42 for the two of us. Not cheap by Thai standards but half what such a meal would cost me in the UK - and worth every single Baht.

Our Thanks go (in the main) to the Restaurant - but also to the Reviewers; without whom we may have missed this little gem. We have eight more nights here and we will be going back!

Tomorrow night it's 'Smile': they will do well to better this.

3  Thank Neil D

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Food excellent.Service great.Well worth visiting!I can still taste the steak -oh and the Pomello salad with prawns! Gorgeous.

1  Thank Truffs45
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Dont be put off by the look from the road its a smashing little restaurant with a lovely guy who serves you, food is cooked fresh while you wait and its delicious, had the snapper in lemon sauce ... wonderful...highly recommend this place

2  Thank zidery
Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the road the restaurant looks very simple and you would almost not notice it or question whether it was worth going in but you definitely should!
Service and dedication of the staff to genuinely get your feedback on food and drink is something we have not come across in Thailand before.
The lemongrass mojitos are made from scratch with Pride and are very refreshing! The mixed Thai starter is really delicous and all the mains we tried we very well prepared and tasty.
Great value, good food and friendly staff - we went back a second time during our holiday. We can warmly recommend it.

2  Thank Aroundtheworld201106
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First of all I love this place and the lemongrass mojito is just refreshing. I can finish several glasses of those. The owners are also very nice couple which I get to know after going to this place from time to time. The food is highly recommended too and there is a usual gathering of the divers in this place. A must in Khao Lak.

1  Thank eidref102