Review Highlights
Amazing live-aboard but even better overboard

I have just spent 4 days aboard the Hallelujah and loved every element of it. The first part of the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
JosephT2402
Magic. Perfect. Wouldn’t change a thing.

I’ve now gone diving with this extraordinarily well-run outfit 4 times. 2 times each for day trips... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $115.07
from $115.07
from $608.22
More Info
All reviews richelieu rock dive master boat crew similan islands koh tao day trip japanese tourists light sleeper whale sharks completed our open water dive days experienced divers safe hands special mention marine life big stuff at short notice
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a discover diving day trip in December 2013. It was the first time I dived ane was a bit nervous but this trip was really perfect for beginners like me:-) we were split into small groups, (2 or 3 ppl + instructor) Our instructor Jo, was really good in explaining everything to us and took great care of us under water. I highly recommend discover diving to everyone who wants to try diving! Thank u Big Blue for a great trip! Katarzyna & Jon

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I hadn't dived for a few months and have only dived around 20 dives so I was a little bit nervous when I set out for my first day's diving with Big Blue... I'd contacted them by email before and got quick, informative replies which suggested doing a dive out to Boon Sung wreck to get back into it first (two easy dives) before going out to Richelieu Rock the next day.
The wreck dive was close to shore, we went out in a longtail - two groups with two divemasters, only around 7 of us - and the whole thing was very well organised. Matteus (spelling?) was my dive master (he's freelance) and was absolutely great. Couldn't have asked for better. I'd never dived a wreck before so it was a new experience for me. Lots to see!
The second day was a 90 minute trip out on Big Blue's speedboat to Richelieu Rock. The boat was comfortable, with a toilet and an endless supply of soft drinks. Anna (another freelance dive master) led my group of 3 (4 including herself). Again, she was another great dive master. The dives were amazing and she made sure that our group (less experienced in general than the other groups that day) were sheltered as much as possible from the currents whilst still seeing a lot.
Both days included lunch and hotel pick ups and drop offs, etc.
I really wished I'd booked a third day's diving with them but I'd run out of time!
I would definitely dive with these guys again. Professional, friendly and enthusiastic. Both days were really well run and safety was definitely a top priority with them,
Book in advance for peak season though - dives fill up very quickly!

Date of experience: January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BigBlueKL, Instructor at Big Blue Diving - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We really appreciate the positive feedback. We'll pass on your thanks to Matthias and Anna. We will always try to take you to the best locations and put you in the most suitable group for your experience level. If in future you would like to book in advance, then just send us an email. As you have already dived with us, you will be entitled to a discount :-)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I did two day trips with Big Blue while staying in Khao Lak, one to Koh Tchai and one to Koh Bon. On both days the trip was extremely efficiently run from the moment I was picked up. The dive masters were friendly and knowledgeable and I felt extremely secure in their hands. The speedboat was the best I have been on and all the equipment in good shape and well prepared. The group size was small and everyone accommodated in a language they understood well. I cannot fault Big Blue and would certainly dive with them again.

Date of experience: January 2014
BigBlueKL, Instructor at Big Blue Diving - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are always happy to receive feedback like this, so thank you for taking the time to do so. It is our aim to make the day run as smoothly as possible for you, and everything is made much easier when the diving conditions are so nice. We are glad you had some good dives and we will hopefully see you again.
Chris

Reviewed January 4, 2014

they gave us a full refund - why? they lost our gear - kind of....they delivered it back to our hotel - full of salt water - and it sat like that for a couple of days when they knew we were still diving with them...then on our final dive day we went to the pier (they picked us up - knowing we were diving) and no one knew where our gear was! Really shameful for a dive operation to treat anyone's gear this way. There is nothing left to say - the first couple of days were great with wonderful staff that we tipped very well for great service....then this....We can not recommend them - even though they refunded the cost - we paid about $1000 in excess baggage fees on Emirates EACH WAY to bring our own gear and Big Blue lost the plot.

Date of experience: December 2013
Racheladlard, Public Relations Manager at Big Blue Diving - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We are really very sorry for the confusion at your hotel. This 5 star Hotel usually provides excellent service and we are unsure why they didn’t inform you that we had returned your equipment two days before. From reading your other reviews about Khao Lak, it seems you had bad luck everywhere you went.
I think it is obvious that as we gave you a full refund this is not the way that we like to conduct business.
I could make further excuses for this as I think we both know that there is more to this story than you have written in your review, however I do not wish to do so. I want every customer to leave Big Blue with great memories (which you did of your dives) and I want every one to be impressed by our service. This is why I felt it appropriate not to charge you for two days diving.
I wish you well and many more happy holidays.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I got my Advanced Diving licences with Big Blue, After the Course I totally falt in love with diving, not only because similan island was so beautiful, but also because I had a great time with big blue, especially with my instructor Dani Farrus. He is very professional and very nice, I felt so safe diving with him. Very important also they have always prepared delicious food!p, I had also some day trips in khao lak, their food was not as good as from big blue. Thanks big blue, made my holiday perfect! I will definitely go again.