All reviews deli cafe koi fishes beautiful hotel pool bar main restaurant king size rooms are great comfy bed enjoyed our stay booked this hotel the air conditioning rainy season reception staff main pool good size other hotels thai food
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here but it seems to be taking a while for this new hotel to get running properly. Two main issue 1) the inconsistency of the training and ability to understand English amongst the staff although I have to say they always tried their best. 2) Lack of entertainment and atmosphere at night. The layout of the hotel and the fact they only have one bar which is in the pool means most people go out in the evening. I can only conclude this is a deliberate policy by the hotel as they really made no attempt to attract people to stay around in the evenings. We ate at the restaurant one night but as it was included in our deal but it was uninspiring and had few diners that night. No bar for pre or post dinner drinks.
Good points. Spacious, superior and quiet room, well maintained by housekeeping (except for toilet roll which we had to chase for spares on several occasions).
Great pool and beach. no problem with beds or Germans reserving them but it was low season.
Good location for walking into village at night or along beach at lunch to numerous excellent local restaurants.
Bad points. Very rushed check in. No attempt to familiarise us with the hotel layout or facilities.
Sewage smell around lower restaurant area.
Inconsistency of the staffs training. Some were excellent but some clearly could not understand English well and seemed unfamiliar and confused about the way things worked.
Prices. Drinks/Cocktails at the bar are expensive unless ordered at happy hour. Walk along the beach to one on the beach bars and you'll get them at 1/3 the price. Minibar was extortionate charging around £4.50 for bottled water.
No poolside waiter service, which for an aspiring 5 star hotel I'd say is must.

In conclusion we enjoyed our stay, but if you want true 5 star with properly trained staff I'd suggest you look elsewhere. I'd suggest the Casa de la Flora.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
edenbeachkhaolak, The Management at Eden Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Bill B,

Firstly, it was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please rest assured that we treat all such feedback seriously. We readily welcome constructive feedback and I would like to express my regret with regards of your arrival experience or language problems you encountered. I do hope we have the opportunity to see you for another visit in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is not 5 star. There are a few things that let it down. The rooms are small. We travelled with a 14 year old and instead of a bigger family room they put a bed in an already small room!
We upgraded to all inclusive as a treat to end our holiday. This was by no means cheap which was fine but non of the staff around the pool or restaurant knew what it meant. This was very frustrating and shouldn’t happen. Nothing was explained about what was included or not included.
The pool was dirty with dead insects and a green line around the edge. Please clean the pool! Some of the sun beds are worn already and it was difficult to get a pool towel. Why not have these in the pool area?
A 5 star hotel should have more than 1 restaurant. The lunch time menu was far superior to the dinner menu. Buffets were disappointing.
The staff were either really good or really poor and there was no consistency. One of the pool bar staff was actually rude to my husband during our stay!
It is in beautiful surroundings and is well thought out. I just don’t think it’s actually running properly yet.
I’m not sure I would stay here again. The Ramada was far superior for less.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank emman463
edenbeachkhaolak, The Management at Eden Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear emman463,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on this traveler's forum and for choosing Eden Beach Resort & Spa for your stay.
Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the failure of executing the all inclusive package not up to your satisfaction. Actually this package we do not have in place yet and was offered to you in order to make you happy. Unfortunately we failed. The issues have been discussed with the respective teams and some more control measures have been implemented to avoid a re-occurrence. The food taste of the buffet selection is under review with the Executive Chef to ensure we cater to the different palates of all of our guests.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2019

Splendid Resort with gorgeous Architecture: all in white with clear and curvy buildings,
surrounding by a beautiful garden : small waterfall with lotus flowers and some Koi fishes are my favourite area.
The pool is quite big and beautiful too with 3 levels of water, every body can enjoy it : babies, children and adults.
Most of the staff is friendly and helpful, usually with the smile and very polite.
The room is spacious and very comfortable, no need to carry cosmetics products,
everything you need is there!
Only think I may suggest: don't put smoker next to non-smoker. Nothing against
smoker but it is unpleasant to smell the smoke inside your room when you open
the window!

Room tip: The Garden side is pretty good: nice view of the pool and the garden, as well as the beach if you are at the 2. or 3. floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
edenbeachkhaolak, The Management at Eden Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear 789mlt,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Eden Beach Resort & Spa and sharing your views with other travelers on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to learn that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We regret that you felt disturbed by smoking fellow travelers. We have designated smoking areas around the resort, nevertheless we allow the guests to smoke on their balconies.
Thank you once again for your review and all of us hope to see you back for a yet another holiday with us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 6, 2019

Finally got to stay in Eden Beach Resort Khaolak, It is a brand new resort which only opened its doors to their first guests in December 2018.
With a total of 208 Rooms, the architectural design of the property is a blend of
Polynesian, Balinese and Santorini. All rooms have their own private balconies overlooking lush gardens, there are also lagoon-style infinity pool views. Oh, and almost everything is constructed mainly rustic style in natural material. The resort situated on a descending terrain covers a 30,000 sqm estate with beachfront and outstanding landscape gardens, waterfalls and tropical trees and fauna.

Checking-In, Reception Area

We were greeted and promptly and shown our way to the reception area. The reception staff was all enthusiastic which was not surprising and from my observation seemed to have past experience in the hospitality area before being recruited in joining the Eden Team/ Handpicked creme of service personnel.

Welcome drink and cold refreshing towels crafted to lovely looking rabbits. The reception lobby area is not huge by any means compared to some other hotels. The checking-in experience is more as if you were checking into a small Polynesian private island resort. The thatched roofing, the Peacock Design Motif adorns the reception backdrop with the earthly design elements provides a pleasing feeling.

Note: My only feedback was that it was just too hot with the open concept which I discovered later from management, they had already made provisions to install ceiling fans from the entrance to the reception area which was a welcoming piece of information indeed.

The Room and Amenities & Housekeeping

My Room was 509 a Lagoon Pool Access one. After check-in, we hopped onto the buggy and were shown our room. The room is about 40 sq meters with a balcony accessing our own infinity pool.
The pool is shared among-st a cluster of other rooms so I would not classify it as a private pool but rather a cabana style access.
But, it is however very quiet and peaceful with plenty of trees and plenty of shade.
( Every Morning, you would be greeted with calls of Cicadas and the Singing Birds )

There are bath towels, hand towels, face towels, bathrobes, hairdryers and plenty of power points.
A nice daybed sofa area which is really very comfortable. The room is adequately lit and bright which I personally think is a very important aspect. Now, here comes the part I love most, and that is the bed. Super Duper Comfortable

In the Eden, you do not get just a king size but a Super King size bed.
The mattress is super comfortable and the pillows as well. You get a larger size pillow and a smaller size pillow for each individual so you decide which you prefer which provides you a better nights sleep.

There is a nightly room turn-down service with a short note bidding you a good night's sleep.
They will also leave two good night candies in your room.

The air conditioning is sufficiently cold and why not, after all, everything is practically brand new. You could easily control the temperature of your room via the smart control panel.
You couldn't really fault the room in terms of what is provided. The color scheme is pleasant and the materials used were relaxing mostly with a natural earthly appeal.

Main Beachfront & Swimming Pool

As you descend towards the beach, you will be greeted with the lovely sight of the meandering swimming pool among-st swaying coconut palms. Some sunbeds partially submerged in the
pool, the sound of cascading waterfalls, Koi fishes and beautifully manicured gardens. It is as if are somewhere in the south pacific. Well, that is the feeling you would surely get when you see the view first hand. The beach has some rocky enclave giving the shoreline plenty of character but is still pretty safe to swim at certain pockets. Beautiful sunsets can surely be experienced here from the Eden as you will see from my video on the resort, its beautiful and relaxing grounds. Lanterns swaying in the gentle sea breeze and also basket netted lights that light up the trees every evening.

Fitness Room & Bicycle Rental

Not a very big fitness room but most definitely well equipped with state of the art machines. There are free weights as well as treadmill machines, single stack gym system, bench press machine as well as a stair climber. The fitness is also strategically located with a view of the waterfall, the main pool, and the seafront and one can do his exercise and enjoy the lovely sunset at the same time.

To be really honest, you get the best panoramic view showcasing the beauty of the resort from this vantage point. I had not had the chance this time to try their activities but I do understand that there
are Muay Thai classes, Yoga, Aerobics and Kayaking provided to the guest on a booking basis.

The Deli and Genesis All Day Dining Restaurant

The Genisis is the main restaurant situated on the second level with The Deli situated on the first level. The Genesis is non-air-conditioned and The Deli is. I have only had a meal once at the Genesis but I prefer the air-condition option of The Deli which also has an outdoor seating option.
Both restaurants provide you an exceptional view of the main pool, seafront, and Senses Poolbar.

Spending most of my time at The Deli, I am mostly served by Khun Polly, Khun Kae, Khun Noon
who have provided me outstanding service. There is only room to move up and get better!

The Eden Spa

The Spa is not very big considering this is a 208 room resort. There are only two private air-conditioned therapy rooms which are beautifully fitted out as you will see in my video Escape to Paradise Eden. The timber wooden doors are adorned with Seahorses handles.

There are two outdoor Gazebos which I find at the moment quite impossible to be functional in the hot weather. I do however understand that ceiling fans will be fitted in due course. So until that happens, I cannot really comment on the experience. I had a couples massage session here at the Eden Spa. It was relaxing, enjoyable but I do suggest you book a two-hour session at least. Hahahaha... All I could afford was an hour for each of us.

Senses Bar and Outdoor Area

Situated right at the Beachfront is the Poolbar. Here, is where you have your lovely sunset cocktails as you immerse yourself in the Andaman sunset. A section of the Senses Bar is a swim-up section and the other a conventional one. They have a one to one offer for fresh coconuts as well as also happy hour cocktails. Truly a must experience to enjoy a drink here is my honest recommendation.

Room tip: any room from the main pathway is a quiet room most definitely.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
edenbeachkhaolak, The Management at Eden Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Derek Y,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Eden Beach Resort & Spa.
The entire team was very pleased to know that you had a fantastic and comfortable stay and appreciated our warm, friendly hospitality and an incomparable level of service in addition to our hotel room, overall facilities and location.

I hope you will visit us again soon!

Warmest regards,

Eden Beach resort & Spa

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Beautiful resort and luxury. Nice beach view. Great service and easy to arrived.
Fresh Seafood and great lamp steak.
Great Mojito and nice beach.
Relax at swimming pool.
Impressed and will come back again.

Room tip: Nice sunset and beautiful color for photography.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mtity
edenbeachkhaolak, The Management at Eden Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Hello mtity,

many thanks for your nice review on TripAdvisor.We are delighted to welcome you back in the future!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Eden Beach Resort & Spa,