“Great experience”

Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak. With easy access to the renowned Similan Islands on our state-of-the-art catamaran in only 2 hours, maximise your safety, comfort and service. Or join one of our liveaboard trips and dive Richelieu Rock, Surin Islands, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. Sea Bees Diving - Adventure in good hands
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had such an amazing time. I felt like a professional by the time I was done. The instructions were very clear and the instructors made sure I was fully capable before allowing me to dive. I would recommend this to anyone!

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear alkantor,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great time with us. Our instructors are well trained and we are pleased that this is noticeable. If you are interested in becoming a professional, that is not a problem, we do offer these courses as well ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my first ever Scuba Dive, so i was a bit nervous. The instructor I had was great. Each group, no more than 4 (I think) gets their own instructor to dive with. So people who book as individuals get their own. The boat ride out was nice, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks was very good and well prepared. Staff on board were very helpful and polite. Cost included 2 dives, food and the instructor; only extra was drinks on board. (Water provided). The only reason I didn't give this top marks was due to one big oversight on their part. There was no safety instructions of any kind as far as the boat went. If for any reason, we needed to jump ship; we would have had no idea where the life jackets were. (I'm not even sure if there were any). the other bummer for me was that there were no "no Smoking" areas on board; some of the instructors would just light up and puff away, so as a non smoker,t his was annoying. having said that, the day was fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone.

Dear jamjar136,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and we are pleased you enjoyed your time diving with us. You are right, every instructor takes care of a maximum of four divers. With this we can guarantee your safety and the high standard of service, which is our highest priority.
We have to apologize, usually the safety instructions are part of the boat briefing. As we are just at the very beginning of the season, small mistakes sometimes happen (even if the shouldn't) but we will take it in mind for the future. We also have a clear non-smoking area on the boat but as the boat literally came out of the dry dock 4 days before your trip, the “No smoking” signs haven't been in place yet.
Again, we are really sorry for these mistakes and we will make sure that it won`t happen again.

See you hopefully soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and i booked a tour with sea bees to koh bon. From the very first time we walked into their shop we were treated with the exact attitude anyone would wish to be treated.

Eva, who we spoke with in the office, took my girlfriend for a test scuba in the swimming pool in our resort free of charge as she had never dove before. She took the time and effort to make sure she was as comfortable as she could be.

On the day of our dive i had Lily as my guide and she was great. Once again took the time and effort to make me feel as comfortable with the whole experience as possible. During the dive we saw a whole array of amazing underwater creatures that i had never seen before. Once we surfaced Lily and i went through several of the books on the boat to put names to the marine life we encountered. There was not one point where she wasn't trying to make my whole day worth every cent. She even went above and beyond to take some photos of my girlfriend and i with her own personal camera and emailed them to us that night.

My girlfriends guide was Martin. He was very patient and cautious taking the extra time needed to make sure her safety was the number one priority. He told us stories of diving all over the world and there wasn't a dull moment for any of us. Even though my girlfriend may have been a little bit of a handful trying to swim away underwater he was right there to keep her safely in his control. After each dive of the day, when she came out of the water she had a huge smile on her face and it was definitely Martin responsible. His support has even encouraged her to start doing her diving courses when we return to Australia.

All in all our day diving with sea bees has been the best part of our holiday so far. The boat was extremely quick and comfortable and the captains boat handling abilities were perfect. the crew helped me with all my gear and couldn't have provided a master lunch.

thank you sea bees we will hopefully see you soon.

2  Thank HaydenWaterlow2103

Dear HaydenWaterlow2103,
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us and for your great comments.
We're pleased that you found the service from the shop to the boat to your liking and that your girlfriend had so much fun on her first few dives. Safety is our highest priority and we are glad to hear that Martin took good care of her.

We are looking forward to taking you both diving together when your girlfriend finished her open water course in Australia.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just returned from visit to Phuket, Thailand. Hotel arranged a dive for me with See Bees Diving.
Did 2 dives on 3/9/12 Enemone Reef and Shark Point. While water clarity was not the best, The fish, coral, and sponges more than made up for it.

In addition Sea Bees Diving had the best dive boat I have ever experienced. Their attention to safety, comfort, and all was excellent. Rental equipment was in great shape.

Thanks to entire staff!

Ron Trevor
Los Angeles, CA USA

Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we're pleased you had a good day's diving. It is sometimes a hit and miss with the visibility but a good guide will still be able to show you around and, as you can see, even during the rainy season, there is plenty to see. Thank you also for your comment on the rental equipment - our workshop manager works hard behind the scenes to ensure it is up to scratch.
We hope to welcome you again on Phuket or at any one of our other locations.

Your Sea Bees Diving Team

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We (Me, my wife and another couple who travelled with us) were on the Similans Liveaboard for 3 days in March 2012. We were lucky because we had the boat for the 4 of us.

The boat was great, me and the other guy were supplied with 15lt tanks because we are big guys, all the crew and the instructor (Gerben) was very friendly and helpful, food was awesome and diving was excellent (Although we were not lucky enough to see mantas). We couldn't ask for better.

I Highly recommend Sea Bees.

1  Thank Aucanc
Holger S, Manager at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, We're pleased that you were able to appreciate the extra touches that made your liveaboard trip memorable. Your timing was perfect with respect to having the liveaboard to yourselves - can't guarantee that next time though we will try!
Happy diving and Gerben and the crew send you their best as well - they thoroughly enjoyed having you onboard and hope you can come back again so you can all go manta hunting together!
Your Sea Bees Dving team