“Awesome day out”

Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak. With easy access to the renowned Similan Islands on our state-of-the-art catamaran in only 2 hours, maximise your safety, comfort and service. Or join one of our liveaboard trips and dive Richelieu Rock, Surin Islands, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. Sea Bees Diving - Adventure in good hands
Melbourne
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Awesome day out”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my first ever Scuba Dive, so i was a bit nervous. The instructor I had was great. Each group, no more than 4 (I think) gets their own instructor to dive with. So people who book as individuals get their own. The boat ride out was nice, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks was very good and well prepared. Staff on board were very helpful and polite. Cost included 2 dives, food and the instructor; only extra was drinks on board. (Water provided). The only reason I didn't give this top marks was due to one big oversight on their part. There was no safety instructions of any kind as far as the boat went. If for any reason, we needed to jump ship; we would have had no idea where the life jackets were. (I'm not even sure if there were any). the other bummer for me was that there were no "no Smoking" areas on board; some of the instructors would just light up and puff away, so as a non smoker,t his was annoying. having said that, the day was fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited November 2012
Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear jamjar136,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and we are pleased you enjoyed your time diving with us. You are right, every instructor takes care of a maximum of four divers. With this we can guarantee your safety and the high standard of service, which is our highest priority.
We have to apologize, usually the safety instructions are part of the boat briefing. As we are just at the very beginning of the season, small mistakes sometimes happen (even if the shouldn't) but we will take it in mind for the future. We also have a clear non-smoking area on the boat but as the boat literally came out of the dry dock 4 days before your trip, the “No smoking” signs haven't been in place yet.
Again, we are really sorry for these mistakes and we will make sure that it won`t happen again.

See you hopefully soon.

Your Sea Bees Team

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving. Great crew. Great day.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and i booked a tour with sea bees to koh bon. From the very first time we walked into their shop we were treated with the exact attitude anyone would wish to be treated.

Eva, who we spoke with in the office, took my girlfriend for a test scuba in the swimming pool in our resort free of charge as she had never dove before. She took the time and effort to make sure she was as comfortable as she could be.

On the day of our dive i had Lily as my guide and she was great. Once again took the time and effort to make me feel as comfortable with the whole experience as possible. During the dive we saw a whole array of amazing underwater creatures that i had never seen before. Once we surfaced Lily and i went through several of the books on the boat to put names to the marine life we encountered. There was not one point where she wasn't trying to make my whole day worth every cent. She even went above and beyond to take some photos of my girlfriend and i with her own personal camera and emailed them to us that night.

My girlfriends guide was Martin. He was very patient and cautious taking the extra time needed to make sure her safety was the number one priority. He told us stories of diving all over the world and there wasn't a dull moment for any of us. Even though my girlfriend may have been a little bit of a handful trying to swim away underwater he was right there to keep her safely in his control. After each dive of the day, when she came out of the water she had a huge smile on her face and it was definitely Martin responsible. His support has even encouraged her to start doing her diving courses when we return to Australia.

All in all our day diving with sea bees has been the best part of our holiday so far. The boat was extremely quick and comfortable and the captains boat handling abilities were perfect. the crew helped me with all my gear and couldn't have provided a master lunch.

thank you sea bees we will hopefully see you soon.

2 Thank HaydenWaterlow2103
Dear HaydenWaterlow2103,
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us and for your great comments.
We're pleased that you found the service from the shop to the boat to your liking and that your girlfriend had so much fun on her first few dives. Safety is our highest priority and we are glad to hear that Martin took good care of her.

We are looking forward to taking you both diving together when your girlfriend finished her open water course in Australia.

Your Sea Bees Team
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Dive!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just returned from visit to Phuket, Thailand. Hotel arranged a dive for me with See Bees Diving.
Did 2 dives on 3/9/12 Enemone Reef and Shark Point. While water clarity was not the best, The fish, coral, and sponges more than made up for it.

In addition Sea Bees Diving had the best dive boat I have ever experienced. Their attention to safety, comfort, and all was excellent. Rental equipment was in great shape.

Thanks to entire staff!

Ron Trevor
Los Angeles, CA USA

Visited September 2012
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we're pleased you had a good day's diving. It is sometimes a hit and miss with the visibility but a good guide will still be able to show you around and, as you can see, even during the rainy season, there is plenty to see. Thank you also for your comment on the rental equipment - our workshop manager works hard behind the scenes to ensure it is up to scratch.
We hope to welcome you again on Phuket or at any one of our other locations.

Your Sea Bees Diving Team
Buenos Aires, Argentina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great diving, Great boat, Great Crew.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We (Me, my wife and another couple who travelled with us) were on the Similans Liveaboard for 3 days in March 2012. We were lucky because we had the boat for the 4 of us.

The boat was great, me and the other guy were supplied with 15lt tanks because we are big guys, all the crew and the instructor (Gerben) was very friendly and helpful, food was awesome and diving was excellent (Although we were not lucky enough to see mantas). We couldn't ask for better.

I Highly recommend Sea Bees.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Aucanc
Holger S, Manager at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, We're pleased that you were able to appreciate the extra touches that made your liveaboard trip memorable. Your timing was perfect with respect to having the liveaboard to yourselves - can't guarantee that next time though we will try!
Happy diving and Gerben and the crew send you their best as well - they thoroughly enjoyed having you onboard and hope you can come back again so you can all go manta hunting together!
Your Sea Bees Dving team
NSW
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Easily the most professional/accommodating dive company I have gone underwater with!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am a fair weather PADI DM and have seen my fair share of dive operators, some good, some not so.

Sea Bees redefines the good for me and for a number of reasons:

1. Selling: The least pushy representative in the local Khao Lak; Pascal. Couldn't be more accommodating, took a good 20 minutes to guide me through the best sites and the best options for my requested 3 days diving. No pressure techniques, just great customer service.

2. Charging: Sea Bees have a great setup, designed to get you the best package... AT THE END OF YOUR DIVING. no need to pre plan what you can do, take it easy, enjoy the diving, do as much as the better half will allow, and at the end of it all they will work out the best package to save your hard earned cash.

3. The boats: The catamaran is very impressive!!! Almost as fast as a local speedboat, takes 20 odd in complete comfort and is fantastically equipped. The smaller Runaway is charming! We had 9 on it for 2 wreck dives and it was a pleasure to dive off. Towels and water were always available, as was a free supply of fizzy drinks. As per nearly every dive boat I've been on, they served fried chicken at lunch, which was of course delicious. In addition the sweet sticky rice in banana leaves was worth the cost alone!!!!

4. Handling Equipment: I was told Sea Bees would happily manage my equipment. It was left in a crate, on board when I arrived in the morning and even cleaned in fresh water each night, very nice to not have to lug it about everywhere.

5. The People: The personelle are equally as professional as the company, respectful of the environment (as they should be), of the boat staff and ultimately of their guests.

6. The Diving: Conditions were tough on the first day, a bit of current and no Mantas :( Koh Bon was pretty busy too which probably didn't help, not our boat but the many liveaboards that turned up. The coral is pretty great to my surprise, especially on the wall at the site, so definitely worth while even without the magic carpets. Day 2 was on 2 wrecks, a small intimate group on Nitrox to extend the bottom time. Visibility was not super but added to the mystery, a tonne of fish and I even spotted a few Scorpion Fish (I am rubbish at spotting fauna).

7. Cost: Sea Bees are definitely not a cheap local dive company and in this case the old saying definitely comes to mind: "You get what you pay for". If you want cheap, go somewhere else. If you want value for money, with a responsible, hard working dive operator with great staff and great boats, that makes diving super easy and cares about your wellbeing and that of the environment you dive in; then my recommendation would be Sea Bees!

5 Thank RenaiNeeves
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience
with us in Khao Lak and in such detail! Comments such as yours help us to maintain our levels in all areas so we really welcomed your input.
Our aim is to provide our guests with the best service both above and under
the water - you can't have one without the other We are really pleased to hear that we met your expectations and we know that by trying harder, it always pays back, which for us is the other side of 'you get what you pay for'?
We also know that by having our own fleet, we can control standards a lot better - this makes a fundamental difference to our service as well.
We very much hope to welcome you back to Khao Lak again and we will have some sticky rice waiting for you! And we also hope you had a Happy Easter...
Your Sea Bees Diving Team