“Great Dive!”

Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak. With easy access to the renowned Similan Islands on our state-of-the-art catamaran in only 2 hours, maximise your safety, comfort and service. Or join one of our liveaboard trips and dive Richelieu Rock, Surin Islands, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. Sea Bees Diving - Adventure in good hands
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Dive!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just returned from visit to Phuket, Thailand. Hotel arranged a dive for me with See Bees Diving.
Did 2 dives on 3/9/12 Enemone Reef and Shark Point. While water clarity was not the best, The fish, coral, and sponges more than made up for it.

In addition Sea Bees Diving had the best dive boat I have ever experienced. Their attention to safety, comfort, and all was excellent. Rental equipment was in great shape.

Thanks to entire staff!

Ron Trevor
Los Angeles, CA USA

Visited September 2012
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we're pleased you had a good day's diving. It is sometimes a hit and miss with the visibility but a good guide will still be able to show you around and, as you can see, even during the rainy season, there is plenty to see. Thank you also for your comment on the rental equipment - our workshop manager works hard behind the scenes to ensure it is up to scratch.
We hope to welcome you again on Phuket or at any one of our other locations.

Your Sea Bees Diving Team

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great diving, Great boat, Great Crew.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We (Me, my wife and another couple who travelled with us) were on the Similans Liveaboard for 3 days in March 2012. We were lucky because we had the boat for the 4 of us.

The boat was great, me and the other guy were supplied with 15lt tanks because we are big guys, all the crew and the instructor (Gerben) was very friendly and helpful, food was awesome and diving was excellent (Although we were not lucky enough to see mantas). We couldn't ask for better.

I Highly recommend Sea Bees.

1 Thank Aucanc
Holger S, Manager at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, We're pleased that you were able to appreciate the extra touches that made your liveaboard trip memorable. Your timing was perfect with respect to having the liveaboard to yourselves - can't guarantee that next time though we will try!
Happy diving and Gerben and the crew send you their best as well - they thoroughly enjoyed having you onboard and hope you can come back again so you can all go manta hunting together!
Your Sea Bees Dving team
NSW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Easily the most professional/accommodating dive company I have gone underwater with!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am a fair weather PADI DM and have seen my fair share of dive operators, some good, some not so.

Sea Bees redefines the good for me and for a number of reasons:

1. Selling: The least pushy representative in the local Khao Lak; Pascal. Couldn't be more accommodating, took a good 20 minutes to guide me through the best sites and the best options for my requested 3 days diving. No pressure techniques, just great customer service.

2. Charging: Sea Bees have a great setup, designed to get you the best package... AT THE END OF YOUR DIVING. no need to pre plan what you can do, take it easy, enjoy the diving, do as much as the better half will allow, and at the end of it all they will work out the best package to save your hard earned cash.

3. The boats: The catamaran is very impressive!!! Almost as fast as a local speedboat, takes 20 odd in complete comfort and is fantastically equipped. The smaller Runaway is charming! We had 9 on it for 2 wreck dives and it was a pleasure to dive off. Towels and water were always available, as was a free supply of fizzy drinks. As per nearly every dive boat I've been on, they served fried chicken at lunch, which was of course delicious. In addition the sweet sticky rice in banana leaves was worth the cost alone!!!!

4. Handling Equipment: I was told Sea Bees would happily manage my equipment. It was left in a crate, on board when I arrived in the morning and even cleaned in fresh water each night, very nice to not have to lug it about everywhere.

5. The People: The personelle are equally as professional as the company, respectful of the environment (as they should be), of the boat staff and ultimately of their guests.

6. The Diving: Conditions were tough on the first day, a bit of current and no Mantas :( Koh Bon was pretty busy too which probably didn't help, not our boat but the many liveaboards that turned up. The coral is pretty great to my surprise, especially on the wall at the site, so definitely worth while even without the magic carpets. Day 2 was on 2 wrecks, a small intimate group on Nitrox to extend the bottom time. Visibility was not super but added to the mystery, a tonne of fish and I even spotted a few Scorpion Fish (I am rubbish at spotting fauna).

7. Cost: Sea Bees are definitely not a cheap local dive company and in this case the old saying definitely comes to mind: "You get what you pay for". If you want cheap, go somewhere else. If you want value for money, with a responsible, hard working dive operator with great staff and great boats, that makes diving super easy and cares about your wellbeing and that of the environment you dive in; then my recommendation would be Sea Bees!

5 Thank RenaiNeeves
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience
with us in Khao Lak and in such detail! Comments such as yours help us to maintain our levels in all areas so we really welcomed your input.
Our aim is to provide our guests with the best service both above and under
the water - you can't have one without the other We are really pleased to hear that we met your expectations and we know that by trying harder, it always pays back, which for us is the other side of 'you get what you pay for'?
We also know that by having our own fleet, we can control standards a lot better - this makes a fundamental difference to our service as well.
We very much hope to welcome you back to Khao Lak again and we will have some sticky rice waiting for you! And we also hope you had a Happy Easter...
Your Sea Bees Diving Team
Huntsville, Alabama
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Amazing, safe and friendly guides...can't ask for more!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I'll start with the good stuff first. I've got about 100+ warm water dives, and am pretty comfortable underwater. I somehow convinced my girlfriend that she wants to live on a boat for 3 days. We did the Similian Islands boat Liveaboard on the Genesis, with our Pam as tour leader and Beat as guide. We couldn't have asked for better people to be around. I honestly believe the guides make the trip worth while, and they were professional, friendly, and outgoing above water, and amazing underwater. Respectful to the environment, and able to spot so many things for us. Thank you Sea Bees and Pam and Beat for such a wonderful experience!

Bad stuff...there really isn't any. So there it is. =)

3 Thank PinkPanda1812
Dear Pink Panda,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us and for not starting with the bad stuff!
We're pleased you enjoyed your time on Genesis and that Pho.... enjoyed living on a boat as well as our "other" services; with pleasure I will pass on your compliments to Pam and Beat who have asked me to say "Hi!" in return.
We all hope to see you soon again in Khao Lak. Happy diving!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good service but very expensive”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I went to the Similan Islands with Sea Bees and I had a great day. Unfortunately the fast boat Sea Bees is normally using was out of order so we had to take a very slow boat to the Islands which took 3 hours. In my opinion that is far too long to go to a not very special dive site. I was lucky was I had booked a Nitrox course that day so I was busy ready the book and doing my exam on the way back from the divesite. The Boat was good and staff was very helpful and friendly. Sea Bees provided breakfast, lunch and a snack after our second dive. I never had so much good food on a dive trip before. Food was excellent. My dive instructor was good too, he was very patient with me explaining the Nitrox dive to me (I have passed the exam). My first dive was a refresher and wasn't great at all. The 2nd dive was better but still not as amazing as I had hoped.
I can recommend going with Sea Bees - but be aware, prices are the highest I have ever paid for for a speciality course and 2 dives, also I would choose an other dive site than the Similan Islands. It was too busy with divers and snorkellers and there want as much to see.

1 Thank Barbara H
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Barbara, thank you for the feedback.
Unfortunately, all boats have the occasional hiccough and our Stingray had an engineering problem in the time you stayed in Khao Lak, To service our guests in the best possible way we had to bring up one of our vessels based in Phuket to replace our catamaran. This boat is not as fast as Stingray but reaches the Similans at the same speed as other dive operators. We are pleased that the food, service and a patient instructor helped to compensate for this though.
Please accept our apologies for this disruption and we would love to see you again in November, beginning of December or after the Easter Holidays when it is not so busy.